Ridge Racer DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge Racer DS

I finally got around to picking this up today and all I can say is that it's amazing. Excellent controls. Really enjoying the game. Lots of tracks and lots of cars too. Nice to see the Nintendo mascots on some of the vehicles as well.

Anyone else played?

I have the PSP version of Ridge Racer which is awesome. There's no point in me buying the DS version also, but I read the review that it was good. I am interested in playing it on the DS, but only if a friend decides to buy it or something, I cant buy the same game for the DS.

Comment

I don't know anything about the PSP version, but I can easily say the controls HAVE to be worse.

Comment

Damn, not the controls again. Did you hear me say "I have the PSP version and the graphics must be so awesome compared to the shitty DS"? It's a car racing game for fucks sake, let it be man. You just need to press one button for speed and one for the break. In the middle you gotta use the boost at times, but thats it. Now if you're telling me that your turns are more accurate because of the awesome touch-screen, well then you must really suck at car racing if you cant take accurate turns with normal controls. FPS I can understand because you have to look around and shit, but Ridge Racer? Enough man.....

Let the PSP V/s DS debate end.
        DS is the best thing ever created!
        Nintendo rocks!
        Iwata is the most handsome guy in the world!
        I hope that made you happy

I'm not trying to start an argument, but damn, enough with the controls already. I just said I have the PSP version and its pretty good, but you had start comparing the controls again dint you? And if you dont know already, I also own a DS and I agree the controls are pretty good. It takes a little getting used to, but they're good. But they're not worth mentioning in every thread even when it's not asked. I am not trying to diss you or have an e-beef with you, just wanna tell you that you have made your point.

Comment

Wow. All that because I prefer the controls on the DS version? I didn't make any negative statements about the PSP unless you count that I said I hadn't played Ridge Racer on it. This thread is solely intended to discuss the Nintendo DS version of Ridge Racer and it would seem to me that I didn't go off topic.

Yes, I prefer to use a touchscreen over a dpad for racing games. If this means I suck, so be it. I prefer the precision I can get with a touchscreen over tapping a dpad to achieve the same results. So basically, if you weren't prepared for a discussion about the pros of the Nintendo DS version of Ridge Racer (which inevietably will include a discussion of the superior control method), I don't know why you would have entered the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BiSONN
            Damn, not the controls again. Did you hear me say "I have the PSP version and the graphics must be so awesome compared to the shitty DS"? It's a car racing game for fucks sake, let it be man. You just need to press one button for speed and one for the break. In the middle you gotta use the boost at times, but thats it. Now if you're telling me that your turns are more accurate because of the awesome touch-screen, well then you must really suck at car racing if you cant take accurate turns with normal controls. FPS I can understand because you have to look around and shit, but Ridge Racer? Enough man.....

Let the PSP V/s DS debate end.
            DS is the best thing ever created!
            Nintendo rocks!
            Iwata is the most handsome guy in the world!
            I hope that made you happy

I'm not trying to start an argument, but damn, enough with the controls already. I just said I have the PSP version and its pretty good, but you had start comparing the controls again dint you? And if you dont know already, I also own a DS and I agree the controls are pretty good. It takes a little getting used to, but they're good. But they're not worth mentioning in every thread even when it's not asked. I am not trying to diss you or have an e-beef with you, just wanna tell you that you have made your point.
            Holy fuck, someone has an issue. I don't know what your major malfunction is, but if someone who just mentioned the fact that DS has good control when discussing a DS game and you fucking freak, then you've got major problems. Sounds like maybe there is more to your response than simply whooping about control schemes, it looks to me like simply mentioning a pro about the DS has hit a nerve. Perhaps there is a deep resentment that you purchased an inferior handheld? Who knows, maybe someone pissed in your cornflakes, but take a chill pill assclown.
            "When asked by a journalist at the X05 event 'What's the big new thing in Gears of War aside from graphics?', I said 'uhhhhhhhhh, graphics.?' "
            -Mark Rein

Comment

Originally posted by King of Hyrule
              Holy fuck, someone has an issue. I don't know what your major malfunction is, but if someone who just mentioned the fact that DS has good control when discussing a DS game and you fucking freak, then you've got major problems. Sounds like maybe there is more to your response than simply whooping about control schemes, it looks to me like simply mentioning a pro about the DS has hit a nerve. Perhaps there is a deep resentment that you purchased an inferior handheld? Who knows, maybe someone pissed in your cornflakes, but take a chill pill assclown.
              Why dont you jus shut the fuck up? I'm not mad because I purchased an inferior handheld. I own a DS myself you dumbfuck. When I wrote in my first post that theres no point in me buying the DS version as well it implied that I owned a DS as well. Perhaps you were to stupid to understand that? But it's just that no matter which PSP or DS thread I go to The Un-American is there comparing the controls again. So it got a little pissing off. Okay?

Comment

Actually, I did read your first post, unlike yourself I posess the ability to read which you clearly don't have because you come into a thread discussing RRDS, and start crying like a fucking infant when someone starts talking about RRDS! Seriously, how are you still alive. I am really dissapointed in natural selection with people like you walking around. Besides, if you can't handle a little discussion of the topic on which a thread is based, maybe you should take your ball and go home junior. Leave the forums for non-mongoloids. Fuck , talking monkeys like you really piss me off. Go fuck yourself buddy. P.S. Learn speaky proper engish.
                "When asked by a journalist at the X05 event 'What's the big new thing in Gears of War aside from graphics?', I said 'uhhhhhhhhh, graphics.?' "
                -Mark Rein

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American
                  I don't know anything about the PSP version, but I can easily say the controls HAVE to be worse.
                  Does that look like a comment made on the basis of the game? Or once again you trying to say "DS is so much better than PSP! Just compare the superior controls to the shitty ones the PSP has. Hell I dont even have to play the game to know the controls would be shit, I can jus easily say it."

You dont prefer the contols of the game. You can only prefer the controls If you have played the game on both the handhelds and made a fair decision that the controls on the DS were better. You yourself say that you have no idea of the PSP version. All I'm trying to say is that you have made your point in more than 1 thread. It's time to stop treating the DS and PSP like enemies, chill out both are good handhelds.

The reason I entered this thread is because even I own a DS. I jus wrote yeah I have the PSP one. I dint write 'I don't know anything about the DS version, but I can easily say the graphics HAVE to be worse.' See what I'm saying? Wouldnt that piss you off?

And sorry for the long post over a little videogame but I just had to let all this out. I'll calm down now.
                  Last edited by BiSONN; 04-03-2005, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Hyrule
                    Actually, I did read your first post, unlike yourself I posess the ability to read which you clearly don't have because you come into a thread discussing RRDS, and start crying like a fucking infant when someone starts talking about RRDS! Seriously, how are you still alive. I am really dissapointed in natural selection with people like you walking around. Besides, if you can't handle a little discussion of the topic on which a thread is based, maybe you should take your ball and go home junior. Leave the forums for non-mongoloids. Fuck , talking monkeys like you really piss me off. Go fuck yourself buddy. P.S. Learn speaky proper engish.
                    You read my first post, yet you thought I was pissed that I own an inferior handheld. Okay.....

Look, I aint trying to fight with you either. I just came in here and said the PSP version is cool, and I'm interested in playing the DS version but theres no point in buying the same game. I could have bought the PSP graphics in and start saying shit but I dint because thats kiddish. I just wanted to tell this guy something. No matter which thread I went to this topic was bought out some way or the other and kept going on so it was a lil pissing off. Thats it. Lol, I'm not crying over handhelds.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Deborahlanker, 04-12-2020, 11:32 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Gornawil  
                    Started by Monret, Today, 07:38 AM
                    0 responses