Geist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist

Go get it right now. If you're a Cube owner, you owe it to yourself to check this game out.

It uses a First Person perspective and is basically a lot more like Metroid than Timesplitters. You play as a ghost that can posess MANY different things. Need to scare a chef? Posess the stove or a stack of plates or a fan or a pot of water. Need to scare a rat? Posess a dog or a television.

This game has a lot going for it. Really fresh ideas and a lot of cool touches.

I Was At Gamestop Today I Played It There.... Didnt Really Like It Much... Thats Why I Went There Cause This Game Got Nice Reviews.... I Ended Up Just PreOrderering City Of Villians.
    If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

Comment

I've been following the progress of the game for a couple of weeks. I've read some good things in reviews but they also mention that the game has framerate / choppiness / clunky control issues. Have you experienced any problems with the framerate / controls yet?

Comment

The controls are really tight. No problems at all there.

The framerate doesn't stutter that bad, but there can be a small amount of slowdown. Less than Perfect Dark though.

It's more of a Metroid type game than a Timesplitters. Much more puzzle/adventure based than action based.

Comment

^yeah I played it a couple of months ago when it wasn't finished yet but i really enjoyed it.
          can't wait to get it
          RIP PROOF
          You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
          Check out the site for samples!
          R
          !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

I'll purchase it...one day lol. It's on my wishlist which means...one day..I'll own it. But yeah the reviews I've read is that it's a good game/story etc...the framerate and stuff aren't top notch, but who cares if it's fun? Un-American...it's my theory that based on the games you buy most often, you're fav genre is FPS or Action games? Just wondering haha. That's a good genre, just not my fav. Probably my 4th or 5th fav.
            "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by unown23
              I'll purchase it...one day lol. It's on my wishlist which means...one day..I'll own it. But yeah the reviews I've read is that it's a good game/story etc...the framerate and stuff aren't top notch, but who cares if it's fun? Un-American...it's my theory that based on the games you buy most often, you're fav genre is FPS or Action games? Just wondering haha. That's a good genre, just not my fav. Probably my 4th or 5th fav.
              The framerate issues are just nitpicking. The game runs smoothly enough to play and control well. That's all I care about.

To be honest, I don't have a favorite genre. I play a lot of FPS, yes, but it's not my most played genre. While I'm playing Geist, I'm also playing Mario Golf. I'm a really big fan of Splinter Cell too.

Basically, I enjoy all different types of games. That's why I've got a Nintendo. 3;-)3

Comment

Very original concept...I think ima pick it up
                Now, my oral demonstration be like clitoral stimulation
                to the female gender, ain't nothin better
                Let me know when it's wet enough to enter

Comment

Cool, I was wondering what this game was all about! I will pick it up on Monday when I go get my Nintendogs pre-order. Hopefully there wil be one left to buy. Whats its rating out of 10 Un-American?
                  One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
                    Cool, I was wondering what this game was all about! I will pick it up on Monday when I go get my Nintendogs pre-order. Hopefully there wil be one left to buy. Whats its rating out of 10 Un-American?
                    I haven't finished it yet, so this is a prelimenary rating. With that in mind, I'm going to go ahead and give this game a solid 8/10. Nice graphics, realistic enviroments, ragdoll physics, VERY original concept (10/10 for innovation), nice touches all throughout, good puzzles. Plus there is a nice storyline to go along with it. The first 10 or so minutes of the game do NOT represent the actual game itself. Don't be discouraged by the slow start. Soon, you'll be posessing anything and everything. This game is NOT an FPS. Don't go in thinking it is or you WILL be disappointed. The bossess are the most action packed part of the game so far and they're fucking intense.

The low points so far are a slightly low framerate (only in high-action situations) and a slow start to the game.

The really cool part about this game is that when you are in ghost mode, you'll be moving at regular speed, but everything else will be in slow-mo. So you can blow a guy 25 feet in the air as a grenade guard, then dispossess him and watch the poor schmuck you just blew up fall down and break many bones when he lands, all in slow-mo. Really nice effect. Not overused either. Since you're very vulnerable as a ghost (you have a meter that is constantly draining), you'll need to be inside a host body really quickly. Or in a fire extinguisher. Or in a rat. Or in a bowl of dog food. Or in a pot on the stove. Or in the oven. Or in a clock. Or in a television.

Comment

Sounds like a solid purchase. I'll pick it up.

Comment

I went by EB Games today and checked out Geist. I love the multiplayer, its just plain fucking cool. Im picking it up next weekend. : )

Very original game, Nintendo rocks.

Comment

The multiplayer is really sweet. I like that you can posess objects and stuff. It's really fun to be an explosive box and have a guy standing right next to you

Comment

Yeah, so I went in to buy Nintendogs. And Geist was just sitting there taunting me so I bought its ass too. Took a day off work, and played a non-stop video game marathon. We got some 4 player Geist going (shades vs Hosts) and it was just plain cool. I can tell the Cube set out to expand on what the Goldeneye game started on the 64. The controls are tight, and the game itslef is fun as hell. Fighting your friend over control of your character is an added bonus, it makes co-operative gameplay more interesting and you have to work closely with your partner compared to any other FPS game I have ever played. The Game itself outside of multi-player is awsome as well, although it has a typical nintendo like walk through for the first little introduction, the game very quickly draws you into another dimension of play with neat effects, and that creepy liitle girl that teaches you how to use your ghost-like abilities is a great way to send a chill down your spine whenever she speaks your name. My buddy possesed me and threw himself into a fan, I was impressed. But once I learned how to fight the posession it made multi-player that much more interesting. But smart players compinsate in other ways during the game and can sneak attack you near a bomb. Or catch you off guard and posses you long enough to throw you into a pit. Neat game. I can see more nights of multi-player Geist in my future.

Comment

Believe it or not a Geist vs Ghostbusters game could be incredibly cool. Imagine the possibilities as an FPS type game.....?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:22 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:42 AM