HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo Surges!! Ds Fighter Boosts Company Above Sony Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Surges!! Ds Fighter Boosts Company Above Sony Again...

Nintendo stages upset in Joystiq console purchase poll
    Posted Aug 17, 2005, 4:30 PM ET by Vladimir Cole
    Related entries: Nintendo Revolution, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

On August 11th, we asked the readers of Joystiq to let us know what consoles, if any, they intend to purchase when Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo unleash upon us their next barrage of pixel-rendering goodness. The results are pictured above and the results are surprising.

Compared to other polls that we’ve been watching, Nintendo appears to have staged a bit of an upset, coming in a close second place behind the Xbox 360 console when we asked readers which next-gen system or systems they intend to buy. Many Joystiq readers voted for all three consoles. No surprise there as we’ve got a strong contingent of hardcore gamers who purchase just about any and every system that’s released.

We also received a number of great comments from readers explaining why they voted and how they voted. Reader MattG spoke on behalf of the majority of those who voted for Nintendo when he wrote, “My vote is for the Nintendo Revolution. I grew up with Nintendo products and they still appeal to me. I like the fun factor of their games. I’m not so much of a fan of bloody violent games that are bloody just to be bloody. Give me gameplay over everything else.”

As for the PS3, perhaps recent press surrounding the purportedly high street price of that console kept the number of votes low, but don’t count Sony out of the race yet. For one, it’s way too early. For another, count on Sony to sell the PS3 at a price that will be competitive with the Xbox. If price is really a factor in buying decisions, they’ll drop the street price. These companies have teams of marketers who are running price sensitivity analysis spreadsheets telling them how many consoles they can expect to sell at various price points.

We’ll run this poll again later in the year when there’s a little more blood in the water and we’ve got better information about the PS3 and Nintendo consoles.

Chart News | Nintendo 'Jumps' to No.1 in Japan!
    Nintendo DS fighter boosts company above Sony again...
    By Adam Riley (jesusraz)
    19.8.2005 17:11
    The early reports stating that Jump Superstars had sold 320,000 copies in its first day clearly must have been the shipment figures rather than actual sales, but Nintendo still reaped the rewards of the anime-filled scrap 'em-up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software - This Week | Total Sales

1.) Jump Super Stars (NDS, Nintendo) - 220,912 | NEW
    2.) World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (PS2, Konami) - 102,048 | 675,895
    3.) Yawaraka Atamajuku (NDS, Nintendo) - 46,873 | 337,813
    4.) Mushiking (GBA, Sega) - 36,309 | 461,150
    5.) Pokémon XD: Yami no Senpuu (Kaze) Dark Lugia (GC, The Pokémon Company) - 34,108 | 137,188
    6.) Medal of Honor: Europe Kyoushuu (PS2, EA) - 33,361 | NEW
    7.) Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (NDS, Nintendo) - 30,518 | ~380,000
    8.) Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou: Zeon no Keifu (PSP, Bandai) - 28,460 | NEW
    9.) Grandia III (PS2, Square Enix) - 27,378 | 149,313
    10.) The 3rd Super Robot Taisen Alpha (PS2, Banpresto) - 26,567 | 549,219

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2005 Sales

1.) Nintendo DS - 103,095 | 43,665 | 1,382,040 < Sales to date: 2,877,636 >
    2.) PlayStation 2 - 37,041 | 34,057 | 1,289,351
    3.) PSP - 25,100 | 20,571 | 1,126,231 < Sales to date: 1,608,483 >
    4.) Game Boy Advance SP - 19,958 | 12,107 | 466,614 < Sales to date: 5,461,667 >
    5.) GameCube - 3,799 | 4,445 | 145,385
    6.) Game Boy Advance - 708 | 419 | 16,397
    7.) Xbox - 202 | 228 | 9,175 < Sales to date: 469,690 >

The video gaming tide is changing faster than anyone could have thought. Popularity is going to Nintendo and sales figures are there to prove it. Next-gen will be tight. Too close to call for sure. But with Nintendo doing so well in reader polls all over the net, and a surge of thrid party developers leaving Sony and the popularity of the DS, Nintendo stands to be on top after the dust settles. And Xbox looks to be the only system standing in its way...

GO BIG "N"!
    One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

DS looks like will do just as well as if not better than the GBA systems. Can't wait for a couple more years when the developers take full capabilities of it. I'd say the first year is almost just a trial year, and still there are already kick ass games.
    "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

Jump Super Stars had better make it to the west - the game is a killer app, supposedly.

Comment

^^ I hear that. I've been reading Shonen Jump long enough to deserve that game for free. But no worries, Nintendo has every intention of bringing it to the west. Shonen Jump is Japan's biggest selling magazine in North America, I guarantee they want to capitalize on that fact by releasing the game here. It will be killer.

Comment

^ Don't be so sure. Apparantly it's a licensing nightmare to be released in NA. A lot of different companies own the rights to those various characters in North America, so it could be more difficult to get it done.

But it all else fails, Sony teaches us to go ahead and steal it. People won't mind.

Comment

^^ LOL, true. But the DS needs a good fighter to compliment its quickly growing library and I dont know of any others but TMNT 3 and its kindda like the old school TMNT games....

Comment

No doubt they need a good fighter. How about a Smash Bros. game for the DS? That would sell like a lunatic.

Or even a good MK game. I'd love to see MK 2 (SNES Edition if necessary) come out again. The Midway Arcade Classics 2 version was alright, but the difficulty was completely skewed.

Comment

^ Smash bros on DS is in the making.
                "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

^^ Well if Jump Superstars and Super Smash Bros. come to North America the Nintendo DS will be well on its way to being one of the best systems ever made. Hardware and software wise. Shooters are wrapped up, adventure is wrapped up, fighters willl be wrapped and RPG's are wrapped. Plus right now Rareware is asking for people to give them an idea of what games people want them to port onto the DS. Right now Goldeneye 64 is in the lead but Perfect Dark will get some love too. But the company has not come out and said it will be porting a game, they may just make a new game entirely. Rare is already making a new game for the DS off the Sabre Wulf games. Should be neat.

Comment

Im getting a PSP
                    LOL @ You

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
                      ^^ I hear that. I've been reading Shonen Jump long enough to deserve that game for free. But no worries, Nintendo has every intention of bringing it to the west. Shonen Jump is Japan's biggest selling magazine in North America, I guarantee they want to capitalize on that fact by releasing the game here. It will be killer.
                      I heard that all the characters are licensed to different companies in the west and so it would be an absolute nightmare making contracts for every company. Do you know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Phonic
                        I heard that all the characters are licensed to different companies in the west and so it would be an absolute nightmare making contracts for every company. Do you know anything about this?

Yeah, I've heard about the issues. I dont know the specifics but I hope they figure out that aspect of the lisencing issues. I would hate to miss out on that game in North America.. But like stated lisencing is a nightmare here in North America. Either way, I have an import store 2 blocks from my house. They will get it sooner than later.

Comment

You speak Japanese?

Comment

I can get by. I took Japanese in school, and my lifelong neighbour is Japanese. I've picked up enough that not many video games throw me off anymore. lol. Kindda adds to the gameplay.

Comment

good on ya nintendo
                              When a man's heart is full of deceit, it burns up and dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse. A wrong that must be righted

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by granitemale, Today, 07:02 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post granitemale  
                              Started by granitemale, Today, 07:01 AM
                              0 responses