HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 PS2 - The best game ever made better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 PS2 - The best game ever made better?

Resident Evil 4 PS2 - Capcom brings it survival horror series home.

After more than a year as an exclusive Cube title, Resident Evil 4 is returning to a real gaming system. Now, we all know that Capcom's intention from the very get go was to make this game for PS2. Just look at all these things they said that would lead us to believe that this is the case:

Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo(left) and Shinji Mikami of Capcom(right)

Sure, it's exclusive! Would I shake on something that isn't true?

"Because we don't want to force our users to have to buy many systems to play the Biohazard games, we've decided to focus on one console: GameCube."

"All of the five titles announced on the 14th in Japan are for the GameCube only."

For those of you that don't know, the 5 titles announced on the 14th in Japan are Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4 and 2 others that actually survived the cash grab and remained exclusive. Well, except for Dead Phoenix which was scrapped. So I guess it's actually only P.N. 03 that remained exclusive. No matter. We still got Resident Evil 4, right?

"In line with our announcement on September 13, 2001, we have no current plans to bring Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil, two titles currently in release for the GameCube, to other platforms. Also, with regards to Resident Evil 4, which is currently undergoing development, we plan on releasing the game as a GameCube title."

However, we went to the source, Capcom, to find out whether there was any validity to these rumors. A Capcom representative told IGNcube today that Resident Evil 4 is wholly exclusive to the GameCube (which means it won't be showing up on other consoles).

Capcom has a huge amount of faith in Nintendo," a Capcom Entertainment representative told IGNPS2 today. "Nintendo knows it needs the older demographic, and the basic reason that we've decided to work with Nintendo with this series has nothing to do with Sony at all. It has everything to do with Nintendo. It's about where we see GameCube going.

"Nintendo has been very, very anxious about pursuing this series. They approached us about it. Heritage-wise, since the glory days of the NES and Super NES, this is simply a continuation of our decision to work closely with Nintendo. Both companies are looking to grow and expand; it was very smart for Capcom to make this decision. And PlayStation gamers shouldn't feel like they're losing out. After all, we have two of the biggest series on the PlayStation 2 -- Devil May Cry and Onimusha."

A revolutionary title of this caliber deserves an equally significant marketing campaign," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom USA. "With Capcom's debut in Times Square and the myriad other plans we have lined up, Resident Evil 4 will receive the most dynamic marketing campaign we have ever created."

Up to this point, things seem to be making some kind of sense. And we all know where that inevitably leads:

"When statements were made regarding GCN exclusivity, they were true at the time they were said. However, it was a recent executive decision from Capcom Japan to begin development of the game for the PS2," a spokesperson for the company maintained.

"In order to satisfy the demands from Resident Evil fans and Capcom's desire to introduce the series to new gamers worldwide, the decision was made to bring the title to PS2."

"The GameCube version will release on January 11th for the US. All efforts are focused on making the GCN game as big a success as possible. Also, gamers will only be able to play RE4 on the GCN for quite a while, so we encourage people to enjoy the exclusivity period."

The most logical possible thing happens. A game being released on January 11, 2005 (one that the company suggests needs to have a signifigant marketing campaign) is basically sabotaged by greed only months before it's release. This statement was issued on October 31, 2004.

Differences?

"The PS2 version is currently in development so we can not comment on specifics at this time. However, Capcom's development team will certainly strive to maximize the special characteristics of the PS2 hardware as they develop the game for that system."

Yeah right. Like we need to comment on specifics to say "this game will clearly underperfom when compared with the REAL version being released in a couple of months time". Do your eyes work? If so, take a look and see if you can tell me which one is going to look better. Graphics whores who happen to be PS2 fans are going to have a hard time with this one. Try your luck! See if you can guess where each shot came from!

Ready to see how you did? The first, second and fourth pictures feature the Cube version on the left side. The third has the Cube version on the right.

My question to everyone is:
    If graphics whores are loving this game, why is it coming to PS2? Will people convince themselves that it's going to look just as good as it did on Cube? IGN may be able to clear some of this up for us:

The GameCube build seems to retain a visual edge over the PS2 port, due mostly to a slightly higher polygon count and additional filtering. But at the end of the day, gamers are likely to be hard-pressed to tell the differences between the two versions if they are not forewarned.

Note: It's probably better if you don't read the preceding quote if you think your eyes actually work.

The only way we'll know for sure if this is just a cash grab or not is to look and see if they put something in the game that is gimmicky and clearly an afterthought.

Yeah, a frickin laser beam should do the trick.

What is your problem?
    I mean, I love my Cube and worship lots of the games I play on it, and Res Evil 4 is def near the top of my list. And I woudnt consider re-buying it for the PS2 as the graphics would be obviously shittier. But WHY make this thread, and lots of other threads you have made just to rant about and bash them?? Do u have nothing better to do?? U contain alot of hate, and its not good for anyone.
    LOL @ You

Comment

Originally posted by kelsi'dean
      What is your problem?
      I have no problem at all.
      I mean, I love my Cube and worship lots of the games I play on it, and Res Evil 4 is def near the top of my list. And I woudnt consider re-buying it for the PS2 as the graphics would be obviously shittier.
      Great! So you know what the point of this thread is then!
      But WHY make this thread, and lots of other threads you have made just to rant about and bash them??
      See above. Plus it's a lot of funny coming my way from the inevitable people (much like yourself) coming into a thread and getting mad about something I'm laughing about.
      Do u have nothing better to do??
      Yeah, this must have taken me all of 10 minutes to work up. Guess I could have been curing cancer with this time. However, writing about video games is much more hilarious.
      U contain alot of hate, and its not good for anyone.
      Oh yeah! I'm just steaming right now! I mean, the actions of the insane have a real detrimental effect of me! I wrote this piece simply because I'm mad as hell! Not because I felt like it and I wanted to enjoy the comedy. And I certainly didn't want the sane members of this forum to get a good chuckle out of the hypocrisy of Capcom regarding this particular title.

No Way! I'm fucking pissed right now! And you're just fueling the fire! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Im not getting mad about what your laughing about, in any way whatsoever, because I agree with ur message,Im just amazed at y you go out of the way to constantly slam something. Y waste ur time? I highly doubt its hilarious, its just plane pointless. Seriously, ur not doing anybody any favours because the stuff you post evreybody with a brain knows and they dont really care about reading it again. So y I ask u?
        LOL @ You

Comment

Cause Capcom is a bitch and lied? haha
          "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

Im not getting mad about what your laughing about, in any way whatsoever, because I agree with ur message
            Then join in the fun!
            Im just amazed at y you go out of the way to constantly slam something.
            I'm going out of my way? I thought this took me less than 10 minutes to put together. In fact, I'm certain of it.
            Y waste ur time? I highly doubt its hilarious, its just plane pointless.
            Well doubt all you want. Totally irrelevant.
            Seriously, ur not doing anybody any favours because the stuff you post evreybody with a brain knows and they dont really care about reading it again.
            YOU entered this thread of your own accord. Clearly you're right. "everybody with a brain don't really care about reading it again". So what drove you in here?

Comment

Originally posted by unown23
              Cause Capcom is a bitch and lied? haha
              We have a winner! A man who knows what he's talking about. It's not the first time Capcom has screwed Cube owners either.

Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe and RE4 were all supposed to be exclusive. They went on and on and on about it. Then months before release "Well, I guess they're not exclusives anymore".

That's fucking funny AND ridiculous.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is amazing on Gamecube. PS2 Gamers are lucky that it's available to them, but unless they offer a playable Luis Sera I'll stick to the Cube version.

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American

YOU entered this thread of your own accord. Clearly you're right. "everybody with a brain don't really care about reading it again". So what drove you in here?
                  I entered it because I saw you posted it and I had to confirm for myself it was another silly rant
                  LOL @ You

Comment

I entered it because I saw you posted it and I had to confirm for myself it was another silly rant
                    Wow. That's amongst the most wickedly insane things I've seen today! And I'm on fucking D12World right now!

Awesome.

The question is though: when you saw that it was a "silly rant" why didn't you just click "back" on your browser? That seems like the logical thing to do when something is too perplexing to figure out. I mean, you asked me "why" several times already. It's clear you're not going to understand. Just accept it and move on. Or don't. Either way is good for me.

Comment

Heres y. Because at THIS point in time, Im chilling out at my computer. And I wanted to 'enlighten' myself a little as to why these things seem to be a touchy subject with you.
                      LOL @ You

Comment

Heres y. Because at THIS point in time, Im chilling out at my computer. And I wanted to 'enlighten' myself a little as to why these things seem to be a touchy subject with you.
                        Not the slightest bit touchy and this is the last time I'm explaining it.

It's fucking FUNNY shit. That's why it's here and that's why I wrote it. Capcom had repeatedly stated (for upwards of a YEAR) that this game would be Cube exclusive. Then, with less than 3 months before the game is released, they issue a statement saying "Yeah, it was exclusive at the TIME we said that". That's funny as hell.

Comment

Fair enough. I spose. But ur way of reacting indecently to other peoples statments (mine) is pathetic. Ur obviously not a stupid person, but a little respect goes a long way, u seem to lack it.
                          LOL @ You

Comment

Fair enough. I spose. But ur way of reacting indecently to other peoples statments (mine) is pathetic. Ur obviously not a stupid person, but a little respect goes a long way, u seem to lack it.
                            And I really don't care. This is the net. Prepare to see MUCH disrespect online.

Comment

Typical
                              LOL @ You

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by basketballeven, 11-24-2020, 02:28 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes