Can real gamers help me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can real gamers help me please?

I've been looking through this part of the forum for awhile now. And I like to make it a point to ask "If you hate what I play so much, what do you enjoy?". So I have a few question to you "real game heads" out there:

1) What games do you enjoy?
    2) Why do you enjoy these games?
    3) Do you feel more mature when you play said games?

Pretty simple questions. Let's see who can actually step up to the plate and have the nerve to discredit themselves in a public setting. I'll start:

1) I play games that bring new ideas to the table. Metroid, Zelda, Mario, etc. You may consider these bad examples but consider this: Metroid Prime is nothing like Metroid or Super Metrdoi. Each Zelda is based on different things (Sailing, time travel, dark world/light world, etc.) and Mario clearly is different everytime. And obviously it's the inspiration for any platform game you currently play.

2) I enjoy these games since they're actually different shit from the norm. They spawn thousands of copy-cats. Do you play True Crime when you have San Andreas sitting there? No. Same deal here. It's gotten so bad that things like "PS2's Zelda!" or "The PS3 answer to Mario!" has actually gotten to be an accepted phrase.

3) I feel exactly the same before during and after play. I think a person is defined by more than the video games they play. And just a little challenge to half-wits, give an 8 year old a copy of Super Mario Bros., don't give him any help and see what happens. I'd say that 99.9% of people that talk shit about "kiddy" games like Mario could NOT finish them. That's funny.

And I want to declare an open challenge to play any old school game against anyone here. I'll destroy you in Mario while you flounder around and get killed on 1-1 or I'll be happy to annihilate you in Perfect Dark. Whatever you want. I'm easy to get along with.

1) anything fun
    2) ^
    3)I don't think anybody feels more mature from playing games

Comment

wow haha. Damn I like just about anything that is good. Like right now I''m playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and will play for till like 2 am...(starting when I play like at 10 pm.) It's just a damn fun game! I suppose it'd be easier for me to dicuss what genres I like best and then usually if the game rates high across most magazines, websites, gamers, etc., then I'll end up getting it. I like: Strategy games, RPG games, Adventure games, Platform games, some action games, some FPS games, some fighting games and some racing games. I'm not one for "simulation sports" though I do have MVP 05 but that's probably the only baseball game I'll have for a while and that's why I Got that because I knew it would be. Plus I like baseball..and basketball, but not football or any other sport. I used too like wrestling games...but...AKI left WWE so that stopped. In short...I like quality games with great replay value. I don't much like games that you can beat in one sitting and NOT EVER get anything out of it again. At least old school games had scores and what not you could beat. I've now rambeled far too long and further I don't believe the question was directed at me that much. HOWEVER...I would gladly play you at MOST games that you believe you're good at haha.

shit i've skipped two questions. I like the above games because I find myself emmersed in it's world so to speak. The better the game the further away from "reality" I feel, IMO. and the quicker the time passes. I get great enjoyment out of playing games because i'm one to value the dollar. I purpose that I don't buy "bad" games (occasionally I do but we all do) and I get my damn's money out of that game...even if it takes years. If the ending sucks..It's still a relief in and of itself when I can say...hell yeah I beat you...and can lock that game away. Hopefully forever.

3) Do i feel more mature doing what? Playing games? No..I feel like i'm having fun and ...to go into philosophy somewhat....and or psychology..a lot of people believe we should behave more like kids (children) and just have fun and not worry about "adult" business as much as we do. READ The Little Prince. Great book...for everyone.
      Last edited by unown23; 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM.
      "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

1) Sports games are a must for me. Then comes FPS/Action games, and the occassional side scroller.

2) To me, a great video game brings people together. Nothing beats four people going head to head in Fifa or NBA. It just makes the day more positive. Same goes for Multiplayer FPS's and action games (flight sims like Crimson Skies are great, too).

3) YA CUZ IM INSECURE ABOWT WHO I AM AND IF MY POSSE SEZ DAT A GAME IZ TOO KIDDY... I WONT PLAY DAT FAGGOT GAME.
        change must come from within

Comment

even though i dont think this questions is directed toward me i will answer.

just about anything. but to answer ur question i will say 2d fighters and vertical scrolling shooters (some side scrollers). right now i am showing my dreamcast and saturn mad love for afore mentioned reasons.

hmmm cuz they are actually FUN and take a degree of skill. as opposed to the time i have available to waltz through this game which offers no challenge i.e most RPG and FPS. i like a game that seems impossible, like i could never possibly beat this game. i.e. radiant silvergun.

no, i feel like i pwn

ill play anyone in an old school game, idk how to do it online but sounds like fun

Comment

ps i found this vid of unamerican back in 96

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

Comment

^ The questions are for everyone. I honestly wonder why people can say things like "I got too mature for Mario" and the likes. It makes little sense and I just wonder what games make people feel more mature.

And that vid is only semi-accurate. I was 16 in '96, so substitute the child at a christmas tree for a teenage boy in Wal-Mart and it's relatively close

Comment

Grand Theft Auto, Spiderman 2, WWF No Mercy... I enjoy a wide variety of games... but I'm usually so distracted I don't get to finish them.

They're fun. Video Games offer a substitute to reality. We may all want to kill our boss, but we can't legally, so why not take out our frustrations on the nearest hooker in San Andreas. I know I hate John Cena, but I'll never meet him, so why not whoop his ass with Kurt Angle on WWE Smackdown? Video Games are a legal way of doing things you can't do in reality.
                I fell the same, to be honest. Sometimes I feel childish when I get caught up in the moment upon completion of a game or when I finally beat a hard boss on the 12th try. But doesn't everyone?
                I'm pre-disastrous, I fuck shit up before it happens
                Like blown engines of Airplanes with snorin' captains

Comment

I usually stick to a series of games i.e. Resident Evils, GTAs, Metal Gears, Zeldas, FIFAs, and yes most marios (I also really like the 'mario party' games, 4 is the best).

Because MOST of those games I play have stuck to the ''if it aint broke dont fix it'' by only adding stuff to the next title rather than taking something that was already good away from it. I love the GTAs for the free roaming, The Marios for the MASSIVE amounts fun, the Metal Gears for the 'realism' and epic stories and so on.

Uhhhh...no. How can a game make you feel more 'mature' or less. It dosn't for me anyway. I play games for the fun, simple as - and I see myself playing video games for at least the next 30 years (who knows, by then we may even be 'in' the games).
                  LOL @ You

Comment

Manhunt, MGS, Resident Evil, all FF games after 6, GTA, Onimusha, Chaos Legion

Different reasons for different games. Manhunt for the suspense, MGS for the story and old school simple gameplay, FF games for story, Onimusha for story, Choas leagion for the mindless action. GTA for the open endedness.

NO
                    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                    - Fort Minor

Comment

"I know I hate John Cena, but I'll never meet him, so why not whoop his ass with Kurt Angle on WWE Smackdown? "

HAHAH well said man. He'll get his at WM. Anyway, he'll turn heel soon enough cause he's not babyfaced over enough. He's a shitty babyface.
                      "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

"I honestly wonder why people can say things like "I got too mature for Mario" and the likes."

who the fuck says that? you mean swimfan and that other person? Eh you're basing that assumption on someone that doesn't know his dick from his ass. I mean, he believes "portable gaming" is kiddy. Please. haha, too funny.

Comment

I like games that have huge environments... adventrue games...
                          I also like sports games
                          I also like fighting games

adventrue games because it gives me a break from reality

sports games cuz I like Sports.

fighting games... cuz its fun to compete with others

no... thats a stupid question... they are video games lol... if anything I feel less mature.
                          New old song of mine Dedicated
                          Dedicated

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American
                            And that vid is only semi-accurate. I was 16 in '96, so substitute the child at a christmas tree for a teenage boy in Wal-Mart and it's relatively close
                            HOLY SHIT... your 26 now and your this passionate about nintendo LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
                            New old song of mine Dedicated
                            Dedicated

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ho daddy SWO
                              HOLY SHIT... your 26 now and your this passionate about nintendo LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
                              Wrong. I'm 25 now and I'm not "passionate" about Nintendo. I enjoy playing video games in my spare time.

Besides, what's more insane? Playing video games that are designed to be played? Or usurping someones name on a message board in order to send out bad "reps" with that persons name and then blaming it on your little brother and saying "I'll never do it again, I'm sorry!" when confronted?

Perspective, my friend.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:25 AM