What happned to just enjoying a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happned to just enjoying a game

Seems like these days thiers alot of over analysing of games when at the end of the day the game is fun and enjoyable or not for what ever witch reason it may be. This problem has mainly been going on with the die hard nitendo fans. Since when does touch screens and advance devices to play games make that game any more fun then one where you just pick up the control and play. Innovation is great but that doesnt mean the actual game is any better. Look at games like pacman where all you got to use was a stick to play the game. Pacman wasn't any less fun because you couldnt see info on two screens.

Originally posted by SuperRothus
    Seems like these days thiers alot of over analysing of games when at the end of the day the game is fun and enjoyable or not for what ever witch reason it may be. This problem has mainly been going on with the die hard nitendo fans. Since when does touch screens and advance devices to play games make that game any more fun then one where you just pick up the control and play. Innovation is great but that doesnt mean the actual game is any better. Look at games like pacman where all you got to use was a stick to play the game. Pacman wasn't any less fun because you couldnt see info on two screens.
    Wow. I was almost certain you were going to talk about Sony & MS gaming.

Having more accurate control is obviously going to make a game better. Goes without saying. The Revolution is LESS powerful than the PS3 or Xbox 360 and it's focus is on GAME DESIGN.

Innovation is good for the industry becauses it gives birth to new ideas. But Nintendo takes it further and allows a platform for those ideas to actually come to fruition.

Basically, I don't remember EVER enjoying playing mindless bullshit that only exists as a way to deliver gore and tits to a drooling zombie horde of degenerate retards, you know?

Comment

Since when does touch screens and advance devices to play games make that game any more fun then one where you just pick up the control and play.
      Have you tried playing the DS? Not just 1 or 2 games. I mean PROPERLY. If you have then you would not be asking this question. I was VERY wary of the touch screen at first. In fact, I actually preferred the PSP over the DS when they both came out. But when I started playing game's which took advantage of the touch screen I realized just how how awesome that feature is. It actually make's the game more fun. It make's them more interactive. It get's you involved with the game. Not only that, but it also open's up the possibility to a totally new genre of game's. You can't play a game like Meteos anywhere else, simply because of the touch screen. And believe me when I say this: IT IS NOT JUST A GIMMICK (as most people may think), IT ACTUALLY ENHANCE'S GAMEPLAY. That, in turn, make's playing the game's much more fun.

Innovation is great but that doesnt mean the actual game is any better. Look at games like pacman where all you got to use was a stick to play the game. Pacman wasn't any less fun because you couldnt see info on two screens.
      I agree. Pacman was an awesome game. It's still a lotta fun. But you don't wanna play game's like Pacman all your life, do you? If it wasn't for innovation then you would be. Nintendo brings in new idea's which after a few years of implementation seem like they were always there. There was a time when we did not have analog sticks. Imagine playing game's without them now. When they were introduced, they were an innovation in gaming. Now, it seems like we've always had them. My point is, until or unless a company innovates (and is supported) we will continue playing the same old stuff. The DS is a breath of fresh air. Who would'a thought a little touch screen could do so much? But hey, that's how innovations work. Small ideas end up making a BIG difference. Why shouldn't we support these idea's whenever we get the chance?

Comment

Since when does dissing SONY have ANY FUCKIN THING TO DO WITH GAMING????

Do you think Final Fantasy would'nt be made if Sony did'nt exist or something?? No seriously. I want to know what is going through your head when you post this level of tripe?

I can go on and on all day about how Nintendo is the only company putting gaming fist when it comes to the gaming devices on the market. But that is not the arguement you are discussing in your beginning post. You are inferring that because I like Nintendo I have something aganist SONY games or games that are currently SONY exclusives??? What the HELL do they have to do with one another??? Fuck even SONY's first party games would still exist without the Playstation stagnating the market. That is a logical truth. There will still be a GTA, there willl still be a EverQuest, there will still be a Gran Turismo. EVEN IF sony COMPLETELY pulled out of the gaming industry, shut down it's software operations and everything (if that was possible) it's effects on gaming would be a loss of a total of 4 stinking mother fucking game titles. If the reverse happened and Sony got their way and Nintendo totally crashed. The game industry as we know it would be completely stagnated for eternity. Literally ALL of the top gaming franchaises would be lost (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong,etc...) and hundreds of titles along with them. Along with the only source of inspiration and advancements dedicated to the furtherment of the industry.

And in closing. I prefer the original 4-bit Pac-Man over any 128-bit version the PS3 could develop. So I do not understand that arguement AT ALL. However controlling pac-man through a maze using a stylus or snaking him through a 3D maze using a three demensional controller could be a great twist to gameplay. And offer something TRULEY different to the genre. I guess the real question for you is SuperRothus. In what way does super-powered graphics accelerators and processors make playing Pac-Man any more fun than it's 4-bit predecessor???
        Last edited by gdillinjah; 04-01-2006, 12:16 PM.
        One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Fuck argueing. Support Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Can't lose.

Although I've been playing Super Mario World on my SNES, and it pwns my xbox 360 (well that's cos I can't afford to buy Elder Scrolls >.<)
          Originally posted by The Un-American
          Rap music is way more fake than wrestling ever has been.

Comment

im not a fan of any hand held video games, just reminds me to much of being 8. and fuck you un-american and gdillinjah for what ever responce you have to that, thats just the way i feel, you guys want people to respect your gameing choices, well then respect others.
            If I can kick drugs, I can deliver a baby

Charlie RIP
            LOST

Comment

Originally posted by Depth
              im not a fan of any hand held video games, just reminds me to much of being 8. and fuck you un-american and gdillinjah for what ever responce you have to that, thats just the way i feel, you guys want people to respect your gameing choices, well then respect others.

Great post

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
                Since when does dissing SONY have ANY FUCKIN THING TO DO WITH GAMING????
                Do you think Final Fantasy would'nt be made if Sony did'nt exist or something?? No seriously. I want to know what is going through your head when you post this level of tripe?
                Yes it wouldnt. FF7 was originally made be released on the N64. But Square scrapped the idea due to limited amount of storage capacity in a cartridge compared to a CD. So if there was no PS1 or even a CD based console, it couldn't be made. And we wouldnt have any FF games after 6.
                This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                - Fort Minor

Comment

Wow, the first ever post you've made that I agree with
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                  I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

im not a fan of any hand held video games, just reminds me to much of being 8. and fuck you un-american and gdillinjah for what ever responce you have to that, thats just the way i feel, you guys want people to respect your gameing choices, well then respect others

Truth
                    Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
                    Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20
                      if you agree then why don't you do it??

or do you just agree with that you also feel like 8 when you play handhelds??
                      RIP PROOF
                      You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
                      Check out the site for samples!
                      R
                      !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

No way man can I respect that. The only reason people dislike handhelds is because they are afraid of getting wasted in Prime Hunters. Plain and simple. SwimFan dislikes handhelds because he could never compete in online gaming at all due to his lack of cranal capacity and opposable digits. You must need such an excuse as well or suffer from the same stigma syndrome ethan got chewed for.(somebulls

Now if you say something like " I prefer Mario Kart on a big screen" or "I have the original FF4 so I dont need to GBA version" that would be different. But I cannot wrap my mind around not wanting a Develpopers System simply because you think handhelds ore for children. That is like saying you would'nt want to drive a Porsche because it's a fags car....

Originally posted by Socrates
                        Yes it wouldnt. FF7 was originally made be released on the N64. But Square scrapped the idea due to limited amount of storage capacity in a cartridge compared to a CD. So if there was no PS1 or even a CD based console, it couldn't be made. And we wouldnt have any FF games after 6.
                        No you are very, very, very wrong. Final Fantasy 7 was made for the N64 external CD drive that SONY made FOR NINTENDO called the Playstation. The game was made by and for a Nintendo console in every way, so SONY takes ZERO credit with that game period. When Nintendo scrapped the Playstation addition to the SNES, SONY took the technology they had learned from Nintendo while building the Playstation and created their own version that was a sentient player. Since Final Fantasy 7 was designed with the player in mind. It made no sense to totally scrap the project when there was a perfectly good Playstation format still available. People who have had the chance to play the FF7 on the N64 said it was the best Final Fantasy game ever made, even better than the one released for SONY.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20
                          oh god umm i mean i love handelds, umm yeah....fuck bush? yeah ok i feel better now hahaha
                          If I can kick drugs, I can deliver a baby

Charlie RIP
                          LOST

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
                            No you are very, very, very wrong. Final Fantasy 7 was made for the N64 external CD drive that SONY made FOR NINTENDO called the Playstation. The game was made by and for a Nintendo console in every way, so SONY takes ZERO credit with that game period. When Nintendo scrapped the Playstation addition to the SNES, SONY took the technology they had learned from Nintendo while building the Playstation and created their own version that was a sentient player. Since Final Fantasy 7 was designed with the player in mind. It made no sense to totally scrap the project when there was a perfectly good Playstation format still available. People who have had the chance to play the FF7 on the N64 said it was the best Final Fantasy game ever made, even better than the one released for SONY.
                            Yah. Just admit that the N64 was incapable of making the game. You would probably need 5 or 6 cartridges to fill all the data this game needed.
                            Bottomline is you needed a CD based system and N64 wasn't one. That's why it sucked.

And how can people play the N64 version when it didnt even come out. You said the MGS remake on the GC was better than the PS1 original, now your saying a non-existent game that never came out is better than it's 9 year old counter part. LOL
                            This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                            Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                            Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                            And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                            - Fort Minor

Comment

oh god umm i mean i love handelds, umm yeah....fuck bush? yeah ok i feel better now hahaha
                              You see Depth? If you talk shit, you collect maggots. LOL.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AleksShamles, Yesterday, 12:33 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Zavylon
                              by Zavylon

Started by kafi87o, 05-28-2021, 07:37 AM