That One Game You Never Got Into...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That One Game You Never Got Into...

Pretty self-explanatory thread. Just make them well-known or popular games. Nobody cares if you never really liked Donald Duck Goin' Quackers for Nintendo 64 (yes that is a real game lol). What will make this interesting is what game you don't like and why.

Here. I'll start off.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty

Yeah. What of it? I never had Playstation One, back in those days mommy and daddy decided what game console I had. I knew a couple kids that had a Playstation, but I never played MGS because it wasn't exactly multiplayer oriented. Years went by and strangely it never mattered that I hadn't played MGS... I ended up winning a PS2 (this is back right after PS2 launched and you couldn't find one anywhere for like 8 months) at work for being employee of the month. That doesn't really have anything to do with this but whatever anyways I remember buying MGS:2 because everyone was going crazy about how sick the graphics were and how sweet it was gonna be. To be completely honest I thought the graphics were fucking incredible, they absolutely blew my mind away. I remember playing the first level for hours and hours and hours just watching the effect of the rain on everything and sneaking around in those cardboard boxes everywhere. But as the game went on it just didn't hold my attention. Too many other games came out that were a hell of a lot more fun to play imo. I kept finding myself going back to SSX (a launch game) over MGS2. Maybe it's just the sneaking around, I mean "Tactical Espionage", that I don't like. The gameplay was just so boring and slow-paced to me. I tried to go back to it too several times and every time I could play for a few hours for the first sitting and then never find myself wanting to go back to it. I generally don't play games that feel like a chore while playing them, so I gave up.

In conclusion: The game (MGS2: Sons Of Liberty) seemed boring to me. The graphics were stellar for 2001, looked completely realistic and had an incredible WOW! factor. But other than that, it got boring, took too long to do anything, it was slow-paced, and there were way too many other great games on PS2 to waste time playing it. I'll definetely be giving the series another shot with MGS4 whenever that comes out (fingers crossed for this year), but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for anything other than some stunning graphics.
    Clean Since: 12.10.08

For me it was Final Fantasy X.

I played through every Final Fantasy on PSone and when this one came out i played it for a while but eventually just stopped my first time trying to do it i know i didnt get far it was when u first meet Wakka.

But the second time i got alot ferther than i did and i was enjoying it more than i did first time but still i eventually stopped i think it was the characters i just didnt like some of them and i didnt like that Blitzball thing either.

Comment

Originally posted by Silmaril View Post
      Pretty self-explanatory thread. Just make them well-known or popular games. Nobody cares if you never really liked Donald Duck Goin' Quackers for Nintendo 64 (yes that is a real game lol). What will make this interesting is what game you don't like and why.

Here. I'll start off.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty

Yeah. What of it? I never had Playstation One, back in those days mommy and daddy decided what game console I had. I knew a couple kids that had a Playstation, but I never played MGS because it wasn't exactly multiplayer oriented. Years went by and strangely it never mattered that I hadn't played MGS... I ended up winning a PS2 (this is back right after PS2 launched and you couldn't find one anywhere for like 8 months) at work for being employee of the month. That doesn't really have anything to do with this but whatever anyways I remember buying MGS:2 because everyone was going crazy about how sick the graphics were and how sweet it was gonna be. To be completely honest I thought the graphics were fucking incredible, they absolutely blew my mind away. I remember playing the first level for hours and hours and hours just watching the effect of the rain on everything and sneaking around in those cardboard boxes everywhere. But as the game went on it just didn't hold my attention. Too many other games came out that were a hell of a lot more fun to play imo. I kept finding myself going back to SSX (a launch game) over MGS2. Maybe it's just the sneaking around, I mean "Tactical Espionage", that I don't like. The gameplay was just so boring and slow-paced to me. I tried to go back to it too several times and every time I could play for a few hours for the first sitting and then never find myself wanting to go back to it. I generally don't play games that feel like a chore while playing them, so I gave up.

In conclusion: The game (MGS2: Sons Of Liberty) seemed boring to me. The graphics were stellar for 2001, looked completely realistic and had an incredible WOW! factor. But other than that, it got boring, took too long to do anything, it was slow-paced, and there were way too many other great games on PS2 to waste time playing it. I'll definetely be giving the series another shot with MGS4 whenever that comes out (fingers crossed for this year), but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for anything other than some stunning graphics.
      Yo,you need to get back to the beginning and get the nes version and work your way up to the newest incarnation MGS3 Subsitence.It's unmissable.

It can easily be achieved too by using the Virtual Console on the Wii to d/l and b/c of the PS3.Seriously ONCE you get into it,you'll be hooked to go back and go through it on extreme etc where stealth IS the only WAY to get through.Just a tip anyways.
      Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
      Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

Comment

haha i loved mgs2

i guess the one that pops out in my mind is tomb raider chronicles. i couldnt wait for this game to come out, it came out and i played it for maybe 20 minutes and never played it again. just couldnt get into it
        i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

I could never get into any tomb raider.Not for me.
          Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
          Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

Comment

I couldn't get into most Mario games and the MGS series
            E A G L E S

Comment

yeah i can see that apathy, the first couple were fucking boring, but i enjoyed them somehow lol

mrpeepee, do you get alot of shit for being an eagles fan and living in NY? cause i know anyone that likes any team from NY is hated with a passion in philly

Comment

final fantasy series, i dont even know what the fuck that game is about, i want to buy it..but i'd probably need to play it from the first one or something since they got a storyline

but how is the gameplay? i immagine its like zelda or something
                Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
                Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
                Originally posted by Syko Squidge
                ^
                fuck off you gay piece of cunt
                Originally posted by Otto
                That shit is fuck,

Comment

I thought MGS 2 was brill. Just pretended Raiden wasn't there.

For me, the games I couldn't get into - -

- ALL of the Final Fatasy's. Just don't understand what the big fuss is really
                  - Metroid Prime 2 (1 was cool)
                  - Call of Duty

That's all I can think of at the mo.
                  LOL @ You

Comment

Zelda. I just hate RPGs in general. Oh, and Half Life 2. I played it through til I was in Ravenholm and just lost interest.

Comment

Halo....because when I play it i feel like I should be having way more fun due to how talked up it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Locus View Post
                        Halo....because when I play it i feel like I should be having way more fun due to how talked up it is.

take em to chruch

Comment

Shadow of the Collossus

way boring.
                          One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Locus View Post
                            i remember getting my xbox and thinking "oh man i cant wait to play halo" and i was so bored out of my mind with the single player it was rediculous. only reason i still have it is because of the multiplayer

Comment

Originally posted by soul intent View Post
                              mrpeepee, do you get alot of shit for being an eagles fan and living in NY? cause i know anyone that likes any team from NY is hated with a passion in philly
                              No it's really not that bad since the Giants are garbage (A) I know how badly Giants and Cowboys fans are treated in Philly since a lot of my family lives there, but it's not even close to that here.....my best friend and I are both hardcore Philly fans so whenever they lose we take the beating together lol
                              E A G L E S

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 04-12-2020, 11:32 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gornawil  
                              Started by Monret, Today, 07:38 AM