HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 10 Types Of Gamers - Which one are YOU?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10 Types Of Gamers - Which one are YOU?!

The 10 Types Of Gamers - A Study In Lunacy

If you're like me, you probably know many different kinds of people that enjoy playing videogames. You've also probably noticed that people play games in many different ways. I know that my experiences with friends and fellow gamers alike have shown me a rich tapestry of insanity just waiting to be unraveled.

Type 1 - The Masher
    The Masher is a strange breed. He feels that pushing as many different buttons on the controller as fast as possible will gain him an advantage in any game he tries to play. Often, The Masher will gain an edge in a game that requires quick button presses and incidentally increase his own thoughts of skill. All comes crashing down when he is faced with a game that penalizes mashing though. As an interesting side note, some games have implemented a "mash limiter" in certain areas assuring that The Masher can press as fast as he wants but still not get anywhere at all. Think of the X-Wing raising sequence in Rebel Strike 3 for a good example.

Type 2 - The Clicker
    The Clicker is a danger to most modern controllers. You can easily distinguish a Clicker by the symphony of smashing coming from the analog sticks of their controllers. Try telling a Clicker that a game has analog sensitivity and you are often greeted with a blank stare and a resumption of the delightful sound of your sticks being rendered useless. The most fun thing to do with a Clicker is to play an FPS game with them. Then delight in the sight of them trying to do precision aiming while smashing the stick as hard as possible. Also known as "The Stick-Masher".

Type 3 - The Stoned Wonder
    Ever known a guy who really sucks at videogames? Sure you have. Have you ever seen the exact same person perform exceptionally well when they have inhaled mass quantities of marijuana? The Stoned Wonder is a sight to behold. Below average at best when completely sober, these fiends will turn into a wrecking machine when enjoying healthy doses of THC. Now, a Stoned Wonder need not suck at videogames before he gets high. He just has to be much, much better when indulging in the wacky weedus.

Type 4 - The Reverse Stoned Wonder
    See above, but switch everything. The Reverse Stoned Wonder is often a great gamer when not smoking, but add hoots to the mix and he falls apart. A unique variation of The Reverse Stoned Wonder are those that can easily ingest a set number of tokes but fall apart after reaching their predetermined breaking point.

Type 5 - The Specs Gamer
    You know these guys. They are the ones that are more concerned with what's happening inside their system as opposed to actual usage. Ever encounter a guy who was convinced that the PS2 could fire nuclear missles? Ever run into someone who was sure that the PS3 was more powerful than even the most powerful super computer? Specs Gamer's are often deluded to the point of complete insanity. When confronted with actual game situations their delusions will either fail or completely take hold. When you confront a Specs Gamer with gameplay footage, be prepared for a myriad of nonsensical excuses to explain away their previous thoughts of power. "The developer isn't harnessing the technology properly" is a popular one. Or, more commonly "At least I don't own a Gamecube."

Type 6 - The Soothsayer
    Probably the funniest type of gamer. These are the guys who always think they know better than you do. The best part of The Soothsayer is that they often play no games at all! But they do always know what they are talking about. Revel in the lunacy as you are told to "look over there" or the ever popular "you should have jumped". The Soothsayer does serve an important function, however. Without their wisdom and guidance you would never be aware of the fact that getting hit by gunfire actually damagaes you! An interesting offshoot of The Soothsayer is The Justifier. The Justifier operates just like The Soothsayer with the notable exception of the ability to play well at certain points. But when things go wrong, the game "fucked them over".

Type 7 - The Banner
    A very common type of gamer. The Banner is the kind that enjoys a game up to the point he begins losing. Then he begins wildly throwing anything in sight along with telling you just how much the current game sucks. Nevermind the fact that he was loving it 5 minutes ago. The Banner is unique in that he actually feels rage at the actions of the console he's playing on and acts accordingly towards the offending device.

Type 8 - The Mature
    Okay, THIS is probably the funniest type of gamer. The Mature feels that the type of games he plays reflects upon his age and therefore his sexual orientation. The Mature tend to form packs with the "most mature" often becoming the alpha moron. This mental heavyweight dictates to others what will and will not be acceptable and what will and won't make them look like "total fags". Field observation will often reveal a symbiote type relationship with a creature known as "Mom". Without the help of this mysterious force, The Mature are forced into a strange type of behaviour known as "a tantrum". This will usually result in Mom buying the M rated game for their underaged "big boy".

Type 9 - The Perma-Fluke
    Infuriating. The Perma-Fluke is one of the most insane gamers you can encounter. They'll get through the hardest parts of games without knowing the controls. You'll tell them how to play and they revert to pressing anything. If you are a Perma-Fluke, don't despair. They can often enter into another type of category with slight amounts of electro-shock and prozac.

Type 10 - The Innovation Fan
    Needs no explaination. If you have to ask, you will never know. However, I will say that The Innovation Fan is on the cutting edge of the gameplay aspect of games. You will often lose to these types of gamers, but don't feel bad. Chances are good that you fit into one (or more!) of the above catergories.
    The Masher
    10.64%
    The Clicker (AKA The Stick-Masher)
    4.26%
    The Stoned Wonder
    10.64%
    The Reverse Stoned Wonder
    14.89%
    The Specs Gamer
    4.26%
    The Soothsayer
    4.26%
    The Banner
    8.51%
    The Mature
    8.51%
    The Perma-Fluke
    6.38%
    The Innovation Fan
    27.66%

Type 3 - The Stoned Wonder
    Ever known a guy who really sucks at videogames? Sure you have. Have you ever seen the exact same person perform exceptionally well when they have inhaled mass quantities of marijuana? The Stoned Wonder is a sight to behold. Below average at best when completely sober, these fiends will turn into a wrecking machine when enjoying healthy doses of THC. Now, a Stoned Wonder need not suck at videogames before he gets high. He just has to be much, much better when indulging in the wacky weedus.
    Hahah so true I'm decent at video games but I'm soooo much better when I'm high.
    Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

reverse stoner, Soothsayer, Banner and im Masher at fighters.

Im also a Collecter, i collect a series of games for the same console, gd examples are Midnight Club, Need For Speed, Def Jam (on PS2) Call Of Duty, Ghost Recon, Rainbow, Splinter (Xbox and 360) Zelda, Sonic, Star Wars Rouge Squadron (GC and Wii)

Comment

You've already posted this, right?

Anywho, I would probably go for #10 if I had to pick just one.

Innovation in gaming fascinates me.

Comment

just #10. im not even remotely in the other categories.

Comment

Originally posted by BiSONN
            You've already posted this, right?
            Yeah, I posted this awhile back. Just thought I'd repost since we have so many new regulars here.

And for the record, I voted Innovation Fan & a partial Stoned Wonder in that I can play well, but when I'm high I'm unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American View Post
              Yeah, I posted this awhile back. Just thought I'd repost since we have so many new regulars here.
              And for the record, I voted Innovation Fan & a partial Stoned Wonder in that I can play well, but when I'm high I'm unstoppable.
              haha fuck i cant wait to smoke and PWN you in Mario Kart on Wii. I hope the speaker in the wiimote works so I can smoke a bong while playing and everyone can hear it hahaha
              Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

lmao^

btw what do you mean by Innovation cause the only company that has done any Innovation is Nintendo, yes its good what they have done and how can you lose to them when its only one console, the 360 is a updated xbox, the ps3 is a updated ps2 but the Wii is something new yes but why would you lose to a Innovation fan.

I have a Wii, i like playing some games on the Wii, Wii sports is amazing but i played red steel the other day and i thought the way the controller was, it was crap.

Comment

i said #10, the Innovation Fan. i don't fit into any of the others.
                  Sox In Four
                  and Fitzy says GFY!

Comment

im the most like #10
                    1. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
                    2. D12
                    3. Slay Mafia
                    4. Swollen Members
                    5. Krayzie Bone (solo)
                    6. Bone Brothers (together and solo)

Comment

where is the god of gamers... thats the one i am
                      New old song of mine Dedicated
                      Dedicated

Comment

4 and 10, but for me its not weed, alcohol is my vice
                        i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

Originally posted by soul intent View Post
                          4 and 10, but for me its not weed, alcohol is my vice
                          Same for me man, although I progressively get better while I'm drinking, once I reach a certain point, video games are impossible.
                          NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
                          sigged

Comment

^hahaha yea same. i was playin halo with a bunch of my friends last weekend and i was hammered with a capital H. and after the first game i couldnt concentrate long enough to kill anyone haha
                            i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

Try playing on mushrooms. That's a good way to make yourself crazy. I recommend Rainbow Road on Mario Kart.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Borsyk, Yesterday, 02:01 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cedeber
                              by Cedeber

Started by Friese, Today, 08:53 AM