HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

micorsoft makes tha blow: wii is less powerfull than teh xbox(not 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micorsoft makes tha blow: wii is less powerfull than teh xbox(not 360)

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2125617,00.asp

So, is Nintendo disrupting things for you, or were you surprised to see them?

I'm actually not—the product has gotten more broad-base acclaim that I would have expected. It's a very nice product, but it actually has a relatively specific audience and a fairly specific appeal, frankly, based on one feature, which is the controller itself. And the rest of the product is actually not a great product—no disrespect, but … the video graphics on it aren't very strong; the box itself is kind of underpowered; it doesn't play DVDs; there are a lot of down-line components [that] aren't actually that interesting.

In the casual space they're going to do very well, because the controller is pretty intuitive and the game experience is pretty simple, and Nintendo can produce a lot of those simple game experiences themselves.

The challenge they have is that third parties aren't going to make much money on this platform because Nintendo is going to make all that money, and their ability to compete with something like a Halo or produce an experience like Madden on their system is going to be tough. They don't have the graphics horsepower that even Xbox 1 had. So it makes sort of the comparison set a little bit difficult.

So the challenge for us is how do we drive to more casual users, and how do we bring more casual experiences to Xbox and Windows? And the challenge for them is figuring out, "Hey, how do I broaden beyond a casual demographic?" We'll see how that plays out.
    It's interesting to note that a year ago if somebody had said, "Hey, we won't be discussing Sony," that's an interesting statement, and I think something that frankly hasn't been written about very much.
    so no wonder teh graphix were last gen.they musta spent all the money on teh controller and put together a gamecube in teh casin and charged you dumb-wits 250$.mwahahhahahahahaha.yo bruv what explains this:

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=363863
    http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=354513
    http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=344479
    http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=353782
    http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=360025

So.

Comment

ninty lied to you poor souls.remember?wii more powerfull then xbox1 innit. its bait.

Comment

I honestly dont care how powerful it is i didnt buy it thinking i was getting a graphical powerhouse if i wanted that i would have bought a 360 or PS3.

Comment

"produce an experience like Madden on their system is going to be tough."

i thought the Wii Madden got the highest rating??

furthermore its from microsoft so its going to be biased towards nintendo, there not going to say buy the Wii are they?

Seriously i wonder if you actually have a brain

Comment

^He doesn't.

Brutality says nothing new in his threads and has no life. He's like other fanboys on this board but without a spell check.

EDIT:

"other fanboys"? Hypocrite -ethan

Yes Ethan, you are a fanboy. Call me one if you want, but i just support any company that doesn't lie to its consumers, doesn't constantly lose exlusives due to the laziness of its corporate heads and give me no real reason to buy their console other than the fact it has Blu-Ray and that the technology has a 50/50 chance of being around in three years. I'll keep my 360 and Nintendo around until i have a spare grand to throw away on an overheating piece of shit.
            Last edited by Tash226; 05-14-2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Wii is the most fun gaming system, period. You play games to have fun, to be entertained, and good looking graphics can only stimulate the mind so much. Interactivity is where it's at. Wii rules. The end. Bye.
              Michael Cinicola
              www.michaelcinicola.com/community/server
              www.michaelcinicola.com/services
              www.michaelcinicola.com/discography
              www.youtube.com/mikecinicola85

Comment

Originally posted by Tash226 View Post
                doesn't constantly lose exlusives due to the laziness of its corporate heads and give me no real reason to buy their console other than the fact it has Blu-Ray and that the technology has a 50/50 chance of being around in three years. I'll keep my 360 and Nintendo around until i have a spare grand to throw away on an overheating piece of shit.
                1. 50/50 chance? Do some research before even contemplating a reply. This shows your utter fanboyism. Blu-ray is utterly obliterating its rival. Universal are looking to jump ship to Blu-ray which would end the race as of that announcement. 80/20 maybe?

2. There hasn't been that many issues regarding reliability compared with say, 360's launch. Did you remember that launch with a lot of overheating issues? PS3 has been a fairly robust machine from any neutrals point of view, and not really that many problems compared with what 360 had with its launch. The general consensus is that it's been robust from U.S through to Japan since its launch(Europe looks ok too). Not even dissing the 360 here, but are you saying PS3 has had more problems with reliability than 360,lol. Seriously i hear there may have been some PS2 problems with disk read errors but you got to be honest and give credit you stupid trogodyte. There's been minimal PS3 break-down faults.
                Last edited by Apathy; 05-14-2007, 01:56 PM.
                Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
                Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

Comment

Honestly, who cares anymore?

Comment

Uh, PS2 was recalled due to fire hazard. Same deal with Xbox. So it wasn't just a few disc read errors. Sony is a known fire threat. Period.

Honestly though, I'd feel bad for people who pass up the Wii because it doesn't have a DVD player or HD graphics if they weren't living in a crippling mental prison of their own design. Games are for playing, last I checked.

Comment

I think these GAMING COMPANIES are forgetting what the fuck theyre ment to be doing.... EVERYONE has at least 2 DVD players anywhere in their house... why do you need one built into a console just to pay more money for?

Comment

LOL, when have graphics ever mattered in a console war?

PS2, PS1, Snes, Nes, GBA, GB, DS. None of these systems we're the most powerful but they each won there respective war.

Comment

I don't agree with this article at all.

So, is Nintendo disrupting things for you, or were you surprised to see them?

I'm actually not—the product has gotten more broad-base acclaim that I would have expected. It's a very nice product, but it actually has a relatively specific audience and a fairly specific appeal, frankly, based on one feature, which is the controller itself. And the rest of the product is actually not a great product—no disrespect, but … the video graphics on it aren't very strong; the box itself is kind of underpowered; it doesn't play DVDs; there are a lot of down-line components [that] aren't actually that interesting.
                          This is a vague description of Wii.
                          "the box itself is kind of underpowered" ?
                          "there are a lot of down-line components that aren't actually that interesting." ?

Strong arguments..

In the casual space they're going to do very well, because the controller is pretty intuitive and the game experience is pretty simple, and Nintendo can produce a lot of those simple game experiences themselves.
                          This is simply not true. Third parties make up most of the Wii's top selling games: Tiger Woods, SSX Blur, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Madden, Red Steel, and Call Of Duty to name a few.

And Twilight Princess is no "simple game experience." lmao

The challenge they have is that third parties aren't going to make much money on this platform because Nintendo is going to make all that money, and their ability to compete with something like a Halo or produce an experience like Madden on their system is going to be tough. They don't have the graphics horsepower that even Xbox 1 had. So it makes sort of the comparison set a little bit difficult.
                          Madden has been a huge success on Wii. And I need something more substantial than "They don't have the graphics horsepower that even Xbox 1 had." to convince me.

So the challenge for us is how do we drive to more casual users, and how do we bring more casual experiences to Xbox and Windows?
                          You do what Sony did with HOME, except they took everything great about XBL and pushed it to the next level.

And the challenge for them is figuring out, "Hey, how do I broaden beyond a casual demographic?" We'll see how that plays out.
                          I think this depends largely on Nintendo's ability to grasp the importance of online gaming. Super Smash Bros. Brawl better be locked at 60fps while online, and it better come out this year.

It's interesting to note that a year ago if somebody had said, "Hey, we won't be discussing Sony," that's an interesting statement, and I think something that frankly hasn't been written about very much.
                          Nice little shot at Sony at the end
                          Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

To the people that say power means NOTHING - your just being arrogant.
                            This is 2007 for Christ's sake. Don't even try to argue that.

I compare the Wii to DDR. Simply a fad. DDR was the most amazing
                            thing when it first came out, and as of now its dying out.

Don't get me wrong, the unique controller is brilliant, genius,
                            and whatever other adjectives you wanna use to decribe it...
                            but are you still going to be bragging about the
                            controller in 2-3 years? I dont think so. And honestly, the controller
                            is what makes the Wii what it is. Aside from the controller, correct
                            me if I'm wrong, but I dont see anything else going for the Wii.

Comment

ooooooo microsoft made tha blow!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jerrystom864, Today, 07:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes