Sin City to get a series of games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin City to get a series of games

Basin City is about to be cracked wide open. I never imagined when I first read a Sin City story near 16 years ago that one day someone would want to make a video game about it, but here we are. Red Mile Entertainment has acquired the worldwide license to develop and publish games based off of Frank Miller series of gritty graphic novels. You might know Red Mile from Gripshift and Heroes of the Pacific (both published by Ubisoft) or even Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge, in which case I am pretty sure this game won't be for you. Miller himself seems confident enough in their skills.

"Taking Sin City into the world of video games is very exciting - games offer a whole new way to bring audiences into Sin City," said Frank Miller. "The Red Mile team has impressed me with its dedication to creating Sin City video games that will remain true to Sin City as I've always seen it."

If all goes well we'll be getting the black and whitest game we've ever seen. I'm trying to image what genre would fit Sin City well, and all I can think of is something in the vein of Indigo Prophecy or even Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Either that, or do the game in chapters using whichever genre seems appropriate. Armchair game designer Fahey, at your service. Michael Fahey

Red Mile Entertainment Announces Exclusive Worldwide Video-Game License Rights to the Sin City Graphic-Novel/Comic-Book Franchise

SAUSALITO, Calif., May 23, 2007 - Red Mile Entertainment, Inc. (OTCBB: RDML), a worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software, today announced it has entered into a multi-year, worldwide license agreement to develop and to publish video games based on the Sin City series of graphic novels by writer/artist and film director Frank Miller. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The winner of multiple awards in its original comic-book and graphic-novel forms, the Sin City property achieved even greater public awareness with the 2005 release of the successful Frank Miller's Sin City live-action theatrical feature film.

"Sin City enjoys a broad and devoted following. Its crime noir settings, richly detailed characters, hyper-real action sequences, and engaging stories provide an outstanding groundwork for video games," said Chester Aldridge, CEO of Red Mile Entertainment. "Red Mile is enthusiastic about working with Frank Miller to create a franchise that is worthy of this great property."

"Taking Sin City into the world of video games is very exciting - games offer a whole new way to bring audiences into Sin City," said Frank Miller. "The Red Mile team has impressed me with its dedication to creating Sin City video games that will remain true to Sin City as I've always seen it."

Union Entertainment and Law Offices of Harris M. Miller II repped Frank Miller on the deal.

About Red Mile Entertainment, Inc.
    Red Mile Entertainment, Inc. is a worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software that is headquartered in Sausalito, California. Red Mile creates, incubates and licenses premier intellectual properties and develops products for console video game systems, personal computers and other interactive entertainment platforms.

---

I'm iffy on this cause the games they've made aren't exactly good.

Who knows.
    Last edited by MRG; 05-24-2007, 04:49 AM.
    -M

idk about this either....im just waiting on the other movies to come out already
    i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

It has potential. Sin City is one of my favourite films.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

Ah Sin City...i never cringed so much during a movie.

Comment

^why
          i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

Cuz im weaksauce...jeeze lol. I watched it when i was a freshman

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Bynarden, Today, 10:57 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes