Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo III

Plot

It has been twenty years since the events of Diablo II. Of those who faced the Lords of Hatred, Terror, and Destruction in the battle over the fate of Sanctuary, there are few still living who can bear to remember the horrors that the Prime Evils wrought upon the world. And of those who did not witness the terrible events firsthand, most believe the stories to be little more than myth. But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain.

What's New?

Exciting new classes like the witch doctor bring new gameplay options to the table. Returning classes, like the barbarian, have been completely redone with new skills to give them a feel unique to Diablo III. New customization options will provide for an even greater level of character specialization than the previous Diablo games, allowing the player to create unique characters brimming with power.

Diablo III is powered by a new graphics engine that can display characters and hordes of monsters in lush, fully 3D environments. Powerful special-effects systems and Havok-powered physics allow the player to lay waste to the Hells' minions in spectacular ways.

Also, Diablo III builds on the random environments of the previous Diablo games by introducing a host of new ways to create random scripted events throughout the game. This creates a dense and exciting world alive with quests, NPCs, dynamic encounters, and viciously challenging new monsters and bosses. Diablo III's environments add a great deal of interactivity to the game, including destructible elements and environmental obstacles that can be turned against your enemies.

In addition, Diablo III will benefit from Battle.net upgrades that will provide some exciting new features for players. Cooperative online play remains a primary focus, with multiple enhancements being planned to make connecting with your friends easier and cooperative gameplay even more fun. We'll have more details on all these aspects as well as other exciting new features at a later date.

Screens

Gallery:http://www.actiontrip.com/features/diabloiii.phtml
    Last edited by AK; 06-28-2008, 02:57 PM.
    LastFM

damn, i remember playing Diablo II that shit was crazy. This might possibly be the first game i've bought since Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Comment

Diablo is fun for a few months then hackers find ways to ruin the games. Screw diablo, just bring out SC2 for christsake.

Comment

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

Website with both cinematic and gameplay trailers.

Graphics don't look like that big of an upgrade since it's been 8 years since DII.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSwing View Post
          Diablo is fun for a few months then hackers find ways to ruin the games. Screw diablo, just bring out SC2 for christsake.

indeed. both games were crack.
          Rhyme & Reason
          Follow me on Twitter: @Eyerone
          #classreunionmuzik
          Check out my newest freestyle: Eyerone "Can't Tell Me Nothin" http://bln.kr/14VV/

Comment

Im psyched for Diablo III. Best replay value of any game series on the market.
            One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

we should all play together once this game comes out and see who gets the best
              Originally posted by Tanner
              at least youre not hungover and have to sneak out a fat 30 yr old white bitch who you were banging in your parents house last night.

Comment

I think it looks amazing and loyal to the previous Diablos, they managed to not to turn in into a fucking overcolored cartoon like warcraft 3.

Diablo II is my favorite game ever, and i think this will be an excelente follow-up.
                RIP Keith “Guru” Elam: July 17, 1966 – April 20, 2010: Your voice will not be forgotten

Comment

Diablo II was the fucking shit. Sorceress ftw!

Is ths going to be computer only?

Comment

This game is going to be fuckin amazing
                    Real homies help ya get through,
                    And coming new, he'd do the same thing if he could
                    Cause in the hood true homies make you feel good

Comment

Diablo isn't about graphics lol, it seems like that's all people care about in games anymore. Diablo II was in 2D for christ sakes, and they obviously could've made it better.

LOVIN' the destructible environments... game looks great.
                      Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

^^ Werd. I want a 2d game in the same effect of the original Diablo's. Cutscenes have always been great for the series and give you that graphical boost that carries Blizzard games. I love Blizzard for their focus on gameplay over graphics for the core game.
                        One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

^Same, I love Blizzard because they always make great games, and focus on gameplay instead of graphics. They also always release games for Windows AND Mac which is great because I use a mac for my PC Gaming.. if the game doesn't run on OSX, I just switch over to Windows and run it on WinXP (like Guildwars for example). But I like how they've moved to 3d- it keeps the simple style of D2 but with a definite graphical overhaul and I think the game simply looks gorgeous. I agree about the cutscenes, they made D2 so awesome to play and gave it a definite cinematic edge. I'm slightly disappointed that the game probably won't have randomly generated maps this time around, because of the switch to 3d, but they haven't released anything about it so I'm keeping my hopes up. That was half of what makes D2 so fun, imo, because no area is the same each time you go back.

As for the Hackers mentioned... they only existed on Open Battlenet. Closed Battlenet is impossible to hack, because the characters are stored in the online database. I never experienced hackers on Closed Battlenet and I've honestly played this game on and off for a good part of the past 8 years...

Open Battlenet was hacked to shit of course, because the characters were stored on your own computer and people released the character editors (most popular being Jamella). But it was a constant struggle, and anytime a new version was released, you saw hackers disappear for awhile until they cracked the new version. I didn't mind it, it certainly didn't ruin my experience at all since I just left any game that hackers were in (unless they were selling awesome items for mad cheap haha).

I hope they make some sort of big town where a lot of players can gather in one game this time. The most annoying thing about Diablo 2 was that games had a limit of 8 players per server, so trading games were always full and getting in became difficult. Plus, even if you got in once you checked all 7 other players' items and didn't want any, you had to either sit around waiting for new players to join or start the whole process over again. So I really hope they make some way to make trading easier, perhaps just a town that's a wide open space that you can have a whole lot of players meet and trade, but there's no outside world to go fight enemies. That seems the easiest fix for me.

Anyway I'm definitely gonna reinstall D2+LOD and start playing again, who's with me?
                          Last edited by -Sil-; 07-01-2008, 11:43 AM.
                          Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

^Im in
                            Real homies help ya get through,
                            And coming new, he'd do the same thing if he could
                            Cause in the hood true homies make you feel good

Comment

^ id be in if my comp didnt go to shit...

but wtf... im so stoked that they are finally releasing this... theres been hints and shit throughout the years of DIII and its finally here.

edit: i hope this is free like DII was
                              "Step into my dojo, mofo..."

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Glenedelstein