!FALLOUT 3 THREAD! ----- *Disscusion, strategy, info etc.*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !FALLOUT 3 THREAD! ----- *Disscusion, strategy, info etc.*

Yeah I made this because if the game is popular on the board, then this is definitely one that requires peer discussion. feel free to post pics, release & random info, videos, what have you.

Fallout 3 is an action role-playing game currently under development by Bethesda Softworks. It will be the third major game in the Fallout series, which has also spawned the spin-offs Fallout Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Fallout 3 will take place in the year 2277, 36 years after the setting of Fallout 2 and 200 years after the nuclear war that devastated the game's world.

GAMEPLAY: Initial previews of Fallout 3 revealed that the game will feature both first-person and third-person perspective. Main character creation occurs as the player experiences the character's childhood. The character's mother dies in labor in the Vault 101 hospital, immediately after which the player decides the character's Traits and general appearance through a DNA analysis conducted by the father. Afterwards, the father removes his surgeon's mask to reveal a face similar to the one chosen by the player for the character. As a child in the Vault, the character receives a book titled "You're SPECIAL," whereupon the player can set the character's seven primary aptitudes. The character receives training weapons and a PIP-Boy 3000 later on during childhood, and the player's performance in various tests determines the rest of the attributes. Additionally, several quests inside the Vault will be able to influence the player character's relationship with his or her father. Skills and Perks are similar to those in previous games: the player chooses three Tag Skills out of 14 to be the character's specialties, and the character will gain a Perk every other level. Four skills have been cut out from the game (Fallout and Fallout 2 had 18 skills) but it is unknown which skills have been removed. The maximum level the player can achieve is level 20.

PLOT: Similar to previous Fallout games, Fallout 3 takes place in post-apocalyptic United States. The player character is a member of Vault 101, a fallout shelter serving Washington, D.C. The player character lives with his father (his mother having died in childbirth) until, one day, the player wakes up finding that his father has left the vault and ventured into the wasteland for unknown reasons. The vault overseer becomes suspicious that the player had something to do with the father's disappearance, and the character decides to go out into the Capital Wasteland in search of him.
    My Detox review could still be EPIC

Already have my preorder in for the limited edition i really hope it does ship with a pip boy bobble head! i think they changed it to a clock though.. lol

I got a bunch of pics and articles etc, ill post them up tomorrow.
    LastFM

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GrAJVRqZQ04

trailer
      My Detox review could still be EPIC

Comment

the choices for the reply dialogues were fuckin' classic in all of them...they better dont fuck this series up
        ^he's from austria, without stereotyping most central/eastern europeans are sexfiends where nothing is taboo.
        -MidwestSwing

Comment

Fallout 3 Refused Classification In Australia

And by "refused classification", we really mean banned, since without classification it's illegal for retailers to sell the game in Australia. In an unsurprising move, the Australian Office of Film & Literature Classification have, hands bound once again by Australia's refusal to allow games to be rated R18+, deemed elements of Bethesda's upcoming RPG a little bit much. There's no word yet on just what the board found unsuitable, but seeing as the game involves drug use (Blitz) and extreme gore (Soldier of Fortune) - two things games have previously been refused classification for - you could probably take your pick.
          LastFM

Comment

Won't get banned in the U.S... I mean fuck, they allowed GTAIV, so I can't see a sci-fi game like this having trouble.

Australia is crazy for banning this.. its fucking FICTION for fucks sake. (Repeated use of the F word is because I hate censorship in all forms)
            Last edited by -Sil-; 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM.
            Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Deborahlanker, 03-14-2021, 09:03 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Heridan
            by Heridan