This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Review Thread

Starting up some new shit, every game you play.. feel free to come drop your honest review on it. Put the title of the game, the pros and cons and your overall rating of it. Feel free to question and debate other peoples reviews. But in the end, your opinion is yours.

Title:

Pros:

Cons:

Overall Rating:

I'm gonna start with Street Fighter 4, and Resident Evil 5.

Title:
    Street Fighter 4

Pros: Next gen 2D graphics brings back the series fresh, plus keeping the original controls and adding a easily accessible online mode keeps the replay value high.

Cons:
    Only thing that really sucks is the lag in online fights if one of the players online connection isn't as good.

Overall Rating: 9/10 easy.

Title: Resident Evil 5

Pros: Next gen without a question, definitely a step up graphically from the past games. Fun boss battles, great weapons. Bringing back mercs was another plus. Great story. Alot of replay value.

Cons: Surprisingly alot. I agree that the control's are a little dated for an action game. It's not as good or difficult as RE4, but basically RE4 with a fresh paint job. The A.I can be quite retarded at times. Plus 2-Player. Lol.

Overall Rating: 8.5
    lol@followers.

Title: Silent Hill: Homecoming [I know this game is somewhat old, but the reviews don't give it justice]

Pros: The storyline is engaging; the monsters are creepy; and the atmosphere is intact, albeit different from other games in the series. While the game is linear, it doesn't hold your hand. You're actually forced to think for yourself every now and again.

Cons: Like I already said: the game is linear. The joke ending is achievable on your first play-through. I could see this turning fans off if they didn't know about the inside jokes. The combat is unbalanced; once you learn how and what weapon to use, you'll have no trouble killing the common enemies.

Overall Rating: 8
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

Comment

Title: Madworld

Pros: Unique art style, brilliant voice acting top game-play & one of the most fun games I've played in ages also one of the best this gen.

Cons: Not very long, camera can be an annoyance & the multi-player could have been a lot better.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Pros: Fantastic looking game best I've seen since MGS4 good story & lots of replay value mercs is a lot better this time round & co-op works, returning characters.

Cons: Its no longer survival horror just a non-stop blow the shit out of everything action game, felt more like i was playing a game of one of the movies rather than a Resident Evil game & stupid A.I also
      Spoiler for Spoiler:
      Jill should have got her own side mission like Ada did in 4

Overall Rating: 8/10

Comment

Title: Ninja Gaiden 2

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Pros: Good non stop action, smooth as butter controls, very bloody and dismembering violence, cool bosses, good weapons and enemies

Cons: Sometimes awkward camera angles, Ryu sometimes does things you do not want him to do, WAAAAY to fucking hard!

I'm up for a challenge and I'm a decent gamer. But I couldn't even beat this game on easy (got stuck at chapter 11 couldn't even make it to the boss) and I know many people and have read numerous magazines who couldn't even beat this game. It's such a good game it feels like a waste to make it unbelievably hard. Playing this game on easy is like playing Devil May Cry 4 on Hard (Son Of Sparda Mode). And crazy thing is there are 4 more difficulties after easy. They really should balance out the difficulty levels.

Title: Mirror's Edge

Overall Rating: 9.7/10

Pros: One of the most creative and unique games I think I've ever played, PERFECT controls, great creative character and level design, good story, good fighting and GREAT acrobatics, fun time trails

Cons: WAY too short, no online play.
        Last edited by AlpHa_OmegA; 03-30-2009, 03:27 PM.
        Originally posted by Helmz
        This album Is my shit.
        Everybody should download this.
        If you ain't feelin it.
        Then stick to R&B bitches.
        AO kills shit.
        www.myspace.com/sevenmethods
        Get at me

Comment

Title: Dead Space

Overall Ranking: 9.5/10

Pros: Terrifying experience amplified by excellent use of ambient sound and lighting. Addictive gameplay, satisfactory game length and difficulty. Very well executed use of written and audio logs immerses you in the game's storyline entirely and leaves you wanting more

Cons: Not much reply value aside from playing through again with all of your guns

NEPatriots 3x World Champions
          UNC Basketball 5x National Champions
          Charlotte Bobcats UHHHHHHH

Comment

Title: GTA Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)

Pros:
            - Great use of touchscreen.
            - Feels fresh for a GTA game.
            - Very nice visual style.
            - Large destructible city. Lots of random clutter to run into.
            - Social Club integration.
            - Hyper addictive drug dealing. It's like Drug Wars except you have to do the work yourself.

Cons:
            - A bit short.
            - Few interior locations.
            - Comic book style cutscenes (which I liked but some may hate)

Overall Rating:
            9.4/10 - Would have been a perfect score if it was longer.

Comment

Pros: The graphics are amazing, as is the story. Almost feels like a movie at certain points. I really enjoy the individual game play and controls, and playing split screen with someone or online is an absolute blast. Mercenaries is hard as hell and a lot of fun, I haven't even got that into that mode yet.

Cons: When playing the solo campaign, Sheva is an absolute idiot at some points. There should be more command options, and sometimes she runs around stealing ammo and I just want to chop her head off. There also isn't as much problem solving as in past games, but it doesn't bother me that much, other parts of the game make up for it. The only other minor complaint I guess I have is not being able to move when you shoot, but it's been the same for all Resident Evils so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Overall: 9.0
              NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
              sigged

Comment

Title: Mass Effect

Pros: Great story telling, great presentation and voice acting, decent gun play especially for an RPG, great characters, loads of side missions, good mix and balance of combat categories, amazing dialog/conversation wheel, great use of choices

Cons: A shit load of bugs including pop in, clipping and significant frame rate drops, long elevator load times, sometimes stupid AI, Mako controls need an adjustment, not enough interaction with NPCs around the world that aren't linked to quests/side quests, Can't go to earth, repetitive secondary worlds

Overall Rating: 9.2/10

I know that's a lot of cons and the bugs are very tedious but it really is a good game regardless and I look forward to the next one.
                This album Is my shit.
                If you ain't feelin it.
                AO kills shit.
                Get at me

Comment

AO, now you got me even more pumped for Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to PS3, i was shocked when that was a 360 exclusive, I beat the first on Normal. And that was a challenge. I can't wait to try 2.. think if I can beat hell and hell mode on DMC4 i'll be alright?

And Un-American, i've been hearing great things about GTA chinatown for DS. When it comes to handheld games the nes is running shit.

Rich, did you like RE4 better?

Title: Braid

Pros: First off, being independent game makers isn't easy at all. But these guys fucking killed it. Great story, great music. Cool puzzles. A sort of old school feel to it, but with sharp graphics and colors. I play this game on my friend's 360 all the time.

Cons: It's only for 360, coming for PC, than MAC.

Overall Rating:
                  Last edited by diP; 03-31-2009, 10:09 PM.
                  lol@followers.

Comment

This is the best review of RE5 I've seen yet.

(sorry for breaking the "mold" of title, pros, cons, rating)

Believe me, watch it. It's great.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...esident-Evil-5

The thing he says about putting your armor in a pocket of your own armor had me laughing out loud.

Comment

in gta china town are u a triad?
                      No regrets, nicca no regards
                      I know the bar, raise mine, yall can lower yalls
                      What I lack in talent, I normally show in heart
                      Prolly why they want the encore before the show can start

Comment

^ Kinda. But you're mostly working for your own agenda. Which includes helping the Triads out.

Comment

Originally posted by dip View Post
                          AO, now you got me even more pumped for Ninja Gaiden 2 coming to PS3, i was shocked when that was a 360 exclusive, I beat the first on Normal. And that was a challenge. I can't wait to try 2.. think if I can beat hell and hell mode on DMC4 i'll be alright?
                          Oh yeah if you beat DMC 4 on Hell & Hell you'll be fine. I got about half way through DMC4 on Son Of Sparda I just kinda got bored but I plan on at least beating it on Dante Must Die Mode. I think the only reason I got bored is that there is a lack of unlockables compared to DMC3 (which had some bad ass costumes especially Virgil's Costume that turns him into his character from DMC1 in Devil Trigger ) I beat DMC1 & 3 on Dante Must Die. But the best way to explain playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on easy is like playing DMC4 on Son Of Sparda (hard). It really is a kick ass game and there's not many action games fucking with Ninja Gaiden to be honest. It's just so damn hard lol. I beat Part 1 and that was hard enough. I couldn't make it past Chapter 11 on part 2. But my neighbor let me borrow it and I picked it up from the beginning and hopefully I can beat it this time. If so I'll give you guys all an updated review.

BTW did you ever unlock the original Ninja Gaiden Games in part 1?
                          Last edited by AlpHa_OmegA; 04-01-2009, 12:01 AM.
                          This album Is my shit.
                          If you ain't feelin it.
                          AO kills shit.
                          Get at me

Comment

Originally posted by dip View Post
                            Rich, did you like RE4 better?
                            I did like 4 better but i preferred the characters in 5 mainly the returning ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpHa_OmegA View Post
                              Oh yeah if you beat DMC 4 on Hell & Hell you'll be fine. I got about half way through DMC4 on Son Of Sparda I just kinda got bored but I plan on at least beating it on Dante Must Die Mode. I think the only reason I got bored is that there is a lack of unlockables compared to DMC3 (which had some bad ass costumes especially Virgil's Costume that turns him into his character from DMC1 in Devil Trigger ) I beat DMC1 & 3 on Dante Must Die. But the best way to explain playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on easy is like playing DMC4 on Son Of Sparda (hard). It really is a kick ass game and there's not many action games fucking with Ninja Gaiden to be honest. It's just so damn hard lol. I beat Part 1 and that was hard enough. I couldn't make it past Chapter 11 on part 2. But my neighbor let me borrow it and I picked it up from the beginning and hopefully I can beat it this time. If so I'll give you guys all an updated review.

BTW did you ever unlock the original Ninja Gaiden Games in part 1?
                              Nope, i never unlocked the original Ninja Gaiden games in part 1, and I also never beat the first DMC on DMD, props for that shit. What I didn't like about DMC4 is all the back tracking, the same damn bosses again and again. But surprisingly, Nero is who i'm the best with. Not Dante. Have you heard about the game coming out called Bayonetta? The same director of the DMC series, but he's working with Sega. Game look's nice, but doesn't look that improved from DMC4. And yeah, when it comes to Ninja Gaiden, i don't think all these crazy action button mashers can really touch it. Reminds me of this fan Art i saw in a Game Informer last year, of Ninja gaiden EASILY slicing through the big statue DMC4 boss, was funny but a definite shots fired lol. Anyway, gonna keep the discussion relevant to the thread somewhat.

Title: Devil May Cry 4

Pros: A fun stylish action game, with next gen graphics and a over the top storyline that keeps it up with the series, It's the only DMC that can stand to the first one in my opinion. Some would say not using Dante the entire game could be a flaw, but I love Nero's fighting style. It's sick.

Cons: Fucking backtracking like crazy, you fight the same bosses like 3 times. And the PS3 version has a slight faster load time but kills like 4.9GB's of HD space.

Overall Rating: 8.0
                              lol@followers.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sumpjuip, 02-01-2019, 11:15 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Michenldlsan