Fight Night Champion Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Champion Demo

Any one check this out yet? I've only got a couple fights in, but I'm liking it and without doubt it will be much better than the last game.

The movement, punching, and overall gameplay is much more fluid and I'm so happy they finally got rid of the ridiculous haymakers. The Champion mode also looks like it might be interesting.

It was much better than 4 but it seemed to throw 2 or 3 punch combos when I only wanted to throw 1 punch. Kinda weird.
    Originally posted by Helmz
    This album Is my shit.
    Everybody should download this.
    If you ain't feelin it.
    Then stick to R&B bitches.
    AO kills shit.
    www.myspace.com/sevenmethods
    Get at me

Comment

hmmm, I didn't notice that, but I tend to be a bit spastic on the controller until I get comfortable with the game. I'll probably check it out later and see if that is a problem I run into.

edit: yeah, your right, there are instances when it rattles off a combo when it seems like you should only be throwing one punch. I can't wait for this game to drop though, I'm a huge boxing fan and think this game is going to be the best Fight Night yet.
      Last edited by Mr.Chubbs; 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Yeaj I just played it, it seems okay imo

Dunno whether Im gonna buy it or not

Comment

Is there a big difference from the last one? I'll probably buy it, I have the last 2 and I'm intrigued about the story feature thats separate from the career.

Comment

The gameplay is the only thing you can really compare to the last game from the demo, and yes it is quite a bit different. The way you throw punches with the stick(which is the only way to play imo) has been switched up for the better. Gone are the ridiculous haymakers, instead you have a punch modifier button, which lets you add power to any of your punches. Blocking has also been modified, gone are the days of holding your guard to one side in order to parry a punch, which would momentarily freeze up your opponent, which along with the haymakers were the most annoying and unrealistic aspects of the last couple fight nights gameplay. Much like in real boxing, you'll often see punches slip through, or go around the guard to land. Stamina has also been tweaked for this years game, but in the demo you only fight three round fights so you really can't get a feel for how that will impact longer bouts. Also, damage will accumulate throughout your career, so if your slugging in out in every fight chances are your career won't last too long. I'm a little skeptical of this feature, if done right it could add another plus to the realism of the game, but if its too overboard it could really hamper the career mode.

The thing that impressed me most about the demo is just how fluid the game plays, from the punches to the movement, everything is real smooth.

I'm also interested to see how the story plays out and really hope they have fixed some of the glaring problems with the career mode. In round three you were stuck fighting your "rival" countless times, even if you beat him every time, and in round 4 once you reached the top you were stuck fighting the same opponents over and over because no matter how many times you beat them they would stay in the upper echelon of the rankings and were never replaced by up and coming boxers.

Comment

Yeah that unrealistic shit where you fought the same guys over and over bugged me more than anything.

I'll try the demo out over the weekend

Comment

picking up my copy tonight, can't wait to check it out.

Comment

All I've played thus far is the first few fights in Champion mode and I'm liking it. Champion mode has some cool presentation aspects, such as cut scenes with Brian Kenny in the ESPN Friday Night Fights studio talking about your most recent fight and career progress, as well as the guy who looks as though he will become your rival as the story mode builds over time. So far, so good

Comment

hmmm I might pick this up.

I Love Music.
                    King of the AVE, with the DEF FEMALE

Follow Me..twitter.com/im_classic
                    Jesus loves chainsaws, He'll cut you open something HOLY.
                    I hate a Yankee

Comment

I'm getting fairly deep into the Champion mode and while I like it I wish it wasn't a set path you have to follow. It would of been much better if they would have added options that would have altered the way your career plays out, such as giving you options on who you want to fight. Every fight is predetermined, not only your opponent, but what you must do to move on as more times than not winning is not enough. For example, in multiple fights you have to either knock your opponent down multiple times or knock him out to move on. I did however like the fight where you suffer a broken hand in the first round and you have to win the fight essentially only using your left the rest of the way.

All in all Champion mode was a cool idea and something they will hopefully build on in the future.

Haven't checked out the legacy mode yet, but I'm sure its more of the same from Round 4, which is too bad, but you know EA, they generally don't make big improvements from year to year, especially when they add an all new mode. I'll probably check it out after I complete the Champion mode.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by One_Mic_xxx, Yesterday, 08:36 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post One_Mic_xxx  
                      Started by One_Mic_xxx, Yesterday, 07:22 PM
                      3 responses