Nintendo Wii Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Wii Thread

Instead of one huge thread we'll have 3 next gen threads i dont want them to become a bitch fest if you dont like the system goto other thread.

HUMIDFREAK

they all look asinine to me but heres the link

http://gear.ign.com/articles/643/643663p1.html
    Last edited by HumidFreak; 08-24-2005, 01:37 PM.

I would hope not...

Comment

Wow i dont know if nintendo is ever gonna catch up to sony or microsoft.
      National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

^???
        catch up?
        nintendo's whole point of revolution is taking a diffrent path.
        they don't need to catch up shit

and btw i the rev controller will be nothing like those mock-ups
        RIP PROOF
        You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
        Check out the site for samples!
        R
        !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

props humid,

btw, I just pm'd you, another little reqeust
          Now, my oral demonstration be like clitoral stimulation
          to the female gender, ain't nothin better
          Let me know when it's wet enough to enter

Comment

Oh God. I certainly fucking hope not.

Comment

Wow. These so-called mock-ups couldn't be more ridiculous. I'm really figuring on a touchscreen with maybe a single analog stick on it. It's the next logical progression for accuracy and control.

Comment

lol don't believe ign, they just are trying stff out....anywhay I asked Humid If he could change the first post...because these f'd up mockups are a little sad to begin the rev thread with

Comment

LOL, that is the worst mock-up I've ever seen. Just listen to what the experts are saying about the RevO controller, not some websites speculations about it.
                  One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

wtf is that?

Comment

Rumour : New revolution info coming wednesday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATE - 2:30 AM Eastern by Chris Playo

The Internet forum, Gaming Age is speculating that further details about the Nintendo Revolution will be made available on Wednesday August 24th. For those who do not know the significance of the date, both the GBA and the GameCube were discussed on that day. However, news regarding the Revolution may have come a little sooner than expected. On the forum, a user posted a French article regarding the graphical capabilities of the console. Apparently the Revolution will utilize a new form of a polygon currently referred to as a NURB or nonuniform rational B-splines. These NURB's are said to be able to generate very detailed graphics within an enormous scope. In addition, NURB's are known to be much more efficient than standard polygons. It is much easier on a machine to generate an image in terms of NURB's rather than traditional polygons. This fact regarding the new type of image formatting fits very well into Nintendo's design for the Revolution. Given the inherent design of NURB curves, the Revolution could be substantially smaller and less powerful than the competition but would still be comparable. Please remember that this information has not been confirmed by any official source. However, for a detailed history of NURB's check out this page. GC Advanced will keep you updated regarding this developing story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2005 by:
                      Chris Playo
                      RUMOR:
                      A fury of internet activity is centered around Nintendo's next generation gaming console. The Internet publication, Computer Games Magazine is reporting that they have the inside scoop regarding Nintendo's next generation console. The site is saying that the Revolution controller will feature a device that provide "resistance to being tilted". It doesn't sound like much, but to accomplish this, the controller would have to generate a sufficient force of inertia. For those who haven't taken AP physics, inertia is defined as the tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in straight line motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force. A practical application of inertia comes from the simple act of riding a bike. As your bike accelerates it becomes increasingly harder to tilt. It is still unknown as to how this application could affect the game play of next generation titles. Please note that this has yet to be confirmed by any official source, and that their could be other details regarding the controller of the Revolution. GC Advanced promises to keep you updated about this developing story as further details are revealed. If necessary the Advanced Media Network will follow this story throughout the night with hourly updates.

Source http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5602
                      Last edited by RapAplaN; 08-23-2005, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Nintendo Revolution - Are we expecting too much?

The Nintendo Revolution - Are we expecting too much?

First of all I would like to say that I may not seem as the biggest Nintendo fan on this site, but thats only because some of you are pretty crazy when it comes to Nintendo so you leave me behind. I appreciate all that Nintendo has done for gaming, especially with it's most recent device; Nintendo DS. People will make the mistake of judging this product too early, like I did, but after you play a couple of games on it you truly realize how wonderful it is. Anyway, enough of this...I'll get to the point of this thread.

Sure, Nintendo has always delivered in the past when it comes to quality gaming. So why should things change for the Revolution, right? Here is where I'm confused. Are we all expecting too much this time around? I mean, we have no idea (I repeat, and this time in caps and bold..NO IDEA) what the controller for the Revolution looks like...yet we are absolutely convinced that it will revolutionalize gaming.

I'll post a little something I read on IGN, in the mailbag section;

"...Right now, we're all psyched about what the Revolution could be. Speculation is out of control. Just look around you. Theories about why the machine is so revolutionary are all over the Internet. Hell, some seriously overzealous IGN message board readers spent hours last night and hours more this morning dissecting a screen grab of my computer desktop because they thought I was hinting at Revolution secrets. Point is, the lack of information makes people go nuts and it also drives unwarranted speculation. It creates buzz in the short term, sure, but when everything is said and done, there is no chance that Revolution can live up to the hype that fans have generated for it. The controller is likely to be cool, but is it going to levitate in the air and emit a laser force field around your house? Anything short of that will probably be disappointing to fans, which is very real drawback to Nintendo's notorious secrecy. If you recall, Nintendo told the world that the mechanics in Super Mario Sunshine were so fantastic that they could not be shown to the public. When they finally were, and it was just Mario with a water pack, loads of gamers felt let down.

I sort of agree. Dont you all think that we are expecting too much? I mean, Nintendo's policy to remain secret has created a monster in us which I fear even they wont be able to battle. I for one truly hope that the controller rocks the gaming world. The X360 and the Playstation 3 seem cool, but in the end they will just be new consoles with buffed up graphics and same gameplay. Nintendo promises something different and for that I respect it.

Ask yourself; what exactly are you expecting from the controller? The hype created in us is greater than anything I could ever imagine. I hope Nintendo lives upto it, but the question is...is it actually possible? Half of the gaming world (including me) is convinced that the Nintendo Revolution will change the way we play games. We have no idea what the controller looks like. We dont even know what final design of the console is. Hell, we're not even sure what the console will be called, 'Revolution' is just a codename. Yet, we are convinced.

As each day goes by, my expectations for Nintendo's next generation console keep increasing. What are your thoughts? Will Nintendo be able to live up to the hype that it has created? Do you actually think it will change the way you game? And by 'change' I mean actually revolutionalize it? What exactly are you expecting from Nintendo?

Comment

i really dont care what the revolution will be like, as long as it can play games, im happy

Comment

I'm expecting exactly what nintendo has delivered from the beginning.
                            fun and innovate games.
                            maybe the rev isn't gonna be as spectacular what people are thinking... but nintendo also doesn't want people to think like that.
                            anyways i'm not worried about expecting too much. I'm convinced that they'll deliver more than enough what i'm hoping for

also this should be moved to the revolution thread
                            RIP PROOF
                            You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
                            Check out the site for samples!
                            R
                            !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the Revolutionary aspect can be something as simple as a tighter controller design and more focus put on new ideas.

However, I'm really expecting to see a touchscreen controller on the Revolution. It's the next logical step.

I would agree that Nintendo can't live up to the hype for a lot of people. Fuck em. Many hate the DS because it's "too difficult" to control. That's insane fucking nonsense and not even a valid complaint.

I think that if they deliver what they always deliver (great games, great controller and great hardware), they'll do just fine. I don't see MS or Sony creating a game series so great that it WON'T show up on PC. But I DO see Nintendo providing us with some GREAT software that simply will NEVER show up anywhere. Who isn't waiting to play Prime 3 on Revolution?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tarzan, 03-13-2018, 02:56 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Tarzan
                              by Tarzan

Started by nehasharma16, 11-29-2021, 02:26 AM