HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockstar Working on a Wii title and its.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockstar Working on a Wii title and its.......

MANHUNT 2

Heres the announcement.

Rockstar Games announces Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and the Wii™

New York, NY – February 6, 2007 – Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation 2 system, PSP system, and Nintendo's Wii™. Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. The Wii™ version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto. Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

For more information on Manhunt 2 please visit www.rockstargames.com.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox® and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™ and Game Boy® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick Duo™ may be required (sold separately).

TM and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

SOURCE: http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDeta...leaseID=228854

Lets just hope they dont do a crappy port and actually use the Wii-mote.

I wanted GTA

Wasn't this the game set in a prison and banned?

Comment

There was level in a prison and it was banned in some stores but it was still a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        There was level in a prison and it was banned in some stores but it was still a great game.
        What type of game is it? Stealth?

Comment

Stealth/Action type game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Stealth/Action type game.
            Cheers, just been watching it on Youtube. It looked like Resident Evil.

Comment

It has the earie dark factor of resident evil but its all eople no monsters.

Comment

so this maybe the first step for nintendo to get the childish look out of the way?
                hope so
                "YALL WAS TRYING TO RAP YOU WAS MAKING ME PROUD NOW YOU FUCKED UP DOWN ON YOU LUCK RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!!!!"-NAS-50 DISS
                PROPS TO T & T FOR THE AVY

Comment

Hopefully it's done right. But I am not a fan of Manhunt. It's boring as fuck.
                  Nintendo News | Manhunt Sequel Comes to Wii
                  By Jorge Ba-oh (jb)
                  06.02.2007 20:02

In a shock announcement, Rockstar Games have announced the sequel for the controvesial Manhunt for Sony Playstation 2, PSP and surprisingly, Nintendo Wii as well.
                  The announcement, details the sequel for the three consoles - with the Wii version in development by Rockstar Toronto for release in summer 2007.
                  "With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward. We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."
                  Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games.
                  Certainly an interesting title for a Nintendo platform which could hopefully pave the way for a broader range of genres for the Wii.
                  Thanks to C3 reader AmazingJanet for the tip.
                  At least it's being made in Canada. So we know it's gonna be quality. Rockstar North >*

Manhunt 2 for Wii
                  Rockstar comes aboard with a Wii sequel to one of the goriest, most violent franchises ever created. And we've got the teaser trailer!
                  by Daemon Hatfield
                  February 6, 2007
                  - Today Rockstar Games announced Manhunt 2 for Nintendo's Wii console. The title will also be coming to PlayStation 2 and PSP. The newly-formed Rockstar London will be handling the PS2 and PSP versions, while Rockstar Toronto is heading up the Wii incarnation.

The original Manhunt was the ultra-violent action game that revolved around creative kills such as bashing faces with a crowbar and wire stranglings. The game attracted attention from media watch groups and was fairly well-received by consumers and the press.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.

We've posted the first-ever teaser trailer of Manhunt 2 in our media section. See it for yourself below.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/883/883115/vids_1.html
                  Last edited by gdillinjah; 02-06-2007, 07:23 PM.
                  One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

gdil, the gameplay did get boring but I have a feeling it won't when using the Wiimote/Nunchuk to mimick killing dudes.
                    Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

I only felt the gameplay got boring and similar when u got to the last few levels and it was just guns and like the odd piece of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Silmaril View Post
                        gdil, the gameplay did get boring but I have a feeling it won't when using the Wiimote/Nunchuk to mimick killing dudes.
                        True. I re-thought it out. And taking a chainsaw to some fuckers head using the Wii-mote could be pretty cool I guess. Like I say if done right it could be really good. I just hope it's done right. I know nintendo is trying to attract a larger "mature" theme audience this time around. Seeing that Resident Evil was probably the biggest Cube seller last gen. They know where the money shots at.

Comment

on a completely different but yet simliar note..does anyone else besides me dislike Hitman? I tried playing Hitman 2; silent assassin the other day and I couldn't get into it....I dunno if just takes a while to get adjusted to the controls or I was dying wayyyyyyyy to easily and quickly (on normal) or just wasn't in the mood but I always thought the Hitman series kicked ass (reviews, etc)..but I didn't like it that much...I even put it up. I'll end up trying it again but...i dunno.
                          "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Silmaril View Post
                            we think alike.
                            And England shall admit a Jew
                            You think this strange, but it is true
                            The Jew that once was held in scorn
                            Shall of a Christian then be born.

Comment

Originally posted by unown23 View Post
                              on a completely different but yet simliar note..does anyone else besides me dislike Hitman? I tried playing Hitman 2; silent assassin the other day and I couldn't get into it....I dunno if just takes a while to get adjusted to the controls or I was dying wayyyyyyyy to easily and quickly (on normal) or just wasn't in the mood but I always thought the Hitman series kicked ass (reviews, etc)..but I didn't like it that much...I even put it up. I'll end up trying it again but...i dunno.

For the record I HATE the Hitman series. Possibly the most boaring game ever made in the last 2 generations of consoles. It's the worst stealth game. OK storylines but tedious and boaring gameplay for it's genre.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:27 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 04-23-2021, 09:32 AM
                              6 responses