HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistwalker to announce Blue Dragon for the DS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistwalker to announce Blue Dragon for the DS?

Nintendo Rumours | Blue Dragon DS, Space Channel 5 Sequel & More...
    Rumours galore...
    By Adam Riley (jesusraz)
    06.02.2007 17:59

The rumours from the latest issues of popular US publication Electronic Gaming Monthly have now been revealed. Whilst there is talk of another Square Enix MMO based on the Final Fantasy universe for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, plus news of Tekken 6 being pushed back to 2008, Nintendo fans are likely to be more interested in these morsels:

There is a possibility of Mistwalker bringing a DS spin-off version of its Blue Dragon RPG from the Xbox 360;

Q Entertainment's Mizuguchi-san is busy at work on a Space Channel 5 successor, with the platform currently unknown;

EA is readying a children's version of Madden to widen the already booming American Football videogame market;

To tie-in with the Indiana Jones film in 2008, there will be a new game released.

So how close will EGM get it this time? Considering the magazine normally has a high hit rate when it comes to rumours, you would hope the Blue Dragon DS one definitely comes true anyway!

Keep it locked to Cubed³ for more news updates...
    Blue Dragon on DS! Already! I have to play the 360 version still. But man the RPG love is comming at the DS hard. Nintendo is the best.
    One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Just to be sure but dosen't MS own the ip or the fact that they have 3-4 Mistwalkers gamers locked up and are being published by MS?(spinoff may be different). This would be good news for a possiblity of Blue Dragon 2 going multi-platform or some kind.
    Last edited by Apathy; 02-09-2007, 03:40 AM.
    Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
    Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

Comment

^ Microsoft does not own Mistwalker like they do Bungie or Rare. So I suppose they have the rights to do whatever they want with the name, reguardless if there is already an exclusive in the same series on the 360. DS owners are already getting A.S.H. from Mistwalker, this is an added bonus though. It better happen.

Comment

Blue Dragon sequel, spin-off rumored
        Though Blue Dragon didn't turn out to be the be-all, end-all Microsoft titan that many thought was finally going to win over Japan, it did sell very well and pushed many consoles to boot. With this success, Mistwalker Studios may be seeking to continue the series with the hopes of further building the fan-base. Silconera reported two sources that have posted rumors that hint at a sequel pending successful US sales, and possibly even a DS spinoff.

With the way that Square Enix has been attacking the DS lately—an assault that includes the likes of Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate—it seems highly likely that the team of Square vets behind Mistwalker would follow the same path.

I, for one, am incredibly anxious to get my hands on the English version of Blue Dragon. A traditional JRPG that actually takes advantage of all the new tools of this current generation is just what the doctor ordered (sorry Enchanted Arms), and the dream team behind Mistwalker Studios all but guarantees my eventual worshipping of the title. The music and cinematography of the trailer gets to me every time, and the graphical presentation seems to be as much a faithful rendering of Toriyama's work as has ever been rendered—even when compared to the likes of Dragon Quest VIII.

Sigh. Passing the days is the hardest part.
        More press. I hope this crap either is announced or squashed soon! Because I hear Blue Dragon is where it's at. Sucks we have to wait till summer.....

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gornawil, Today, 05:33 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Gornawil  
        Started by Ppanduss, 04-20-2021, 01:29 AM