HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Square IP for DS may possibly liquify your mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Square IP for DS may possibly liquify your mind.

Square Enix spooks Nintendo DS owners with new game

by Adam Riley on June 9th, 2008 at 1:50

Square Enix may be most well-known for its traditional role-playing game efforts that stem from the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest franchises, as well as the numerous remakes of previous entries into both series, but the Nintendo DS is seeing its fair share of brand new Intellectual Properties from the Japanese behemoth developer. Following the successful release The World Ends With You and revelation of Sigma Harmonics, Square Enix is about to introduce a horror game called ‘Game With No Name’.

Due for release on 3rd July in Japan, a month already filled with the long awaited release of Renegade Kid’s horror First-Person Shooter ‘Dementium: The Ward’ for Nintendo DS and Tecmo and Nintendo’s joint venture for the ghost-filled ‘Fatal Frame IV: Tsuki Hami Kamen’ on Wii, Square Enix’s ‘Geemu no Nanatsu DS’ (to give it its original Japanese moniker) appears to be a mixture of point-and-click gameplay with an extremely scary Japanese horror theme.

Players hold the DS like a book, similar to how Hotel Dusk: Room 215 was played, with the gamer looking through the eyes of the protagonist to increase the sense of fear throughout.

“The main game uses the vertical Brain Age-style orientation, with the actual game view stretching across both screens. The use of first person is apparently a design decision, with the intention of making you feel like you have no idea what’s behind you. It also uses some kind of 3D sound programming to be even more immersive.

“Geemu no Nanatsu DS is about a student who becomes a sort of hero to his peers by bravely playing an old game that is supposedly cursed. When he goes home, he finds — a portable copy of that same game! The title screen of this retro game is even all glitched out for extra creepiness.”

The latest trailer from the official website can be seen below, whilst the original ’story’ trailer is under that:

In addition to this, there is a very brief demo hidden away on the website. To get to it, readers will have to click the third of the links at the bottom of the website, then the blue DS image above the pink icon on the left. Should you click the pink icon, it gives an overview of the creepy NES-style game, complete with 8-bit haunting music. On top of this, in a similar vein to Eternal Darkness’s Sanity Meter, the game sends random messages and aims to trick gamers at certain points, mimicking the DS menu screen, for instance. Players also seemingly have to unravel the mystery behind the game and its curse, investigating details related to the game’s creator ‘UTA Soft’.

Stick around for more details on this and much more here at Nintendic…

Click for trailers: http://www.nintendic.com/news/2492
    Definitey check out the trailers. This looks to be an awsome concept. I am so glad to see Square absolutely taking over the DS still. Square has more invested into the DS than Nintendo does by a longshot. If they keep it up, they will be known as the first company to out preform nintendo on its own system. Multiple Dragon Quest remakes and originals, Chrono Trigger remake and multiple Final Fantasy remakes and originals. now this title.

Konami as well is doing very good with the DS. The Lost in Blue series is classic. Castlevania has gone to another level on the DS, to a point where most people could care less if it comes to a home console but foam at the mouth for the next DS sequel. Lunar Knights was a classic. Contra 4 is nothing short of a classic.

The DS is the best system ever made. What could nintendo possibly do to make a better system? This one has been on the market forever and still has yet to peak IMO. DQ9 could be the biggest game ever, with the number of DS's on the market and the number of Japanese with the system added to being the first game on a 2 gig card in North America. it will be HUGE. Im hyped.
    One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Looks pretty fucking cool to me. Too much Square shit coming out right now to even hope to keep up. I just buy the games and hope that there's some kind of world ending event on the horizon that will leave me with enough time to actually finish all this crazy shit.

Comment

I finish a DS game a week usually, so the insane numbers of games has been keeping my not bored on the subway every day. When there is no decent DS game available I bring a book. But I prefer the DS by a longshot. The new Castlevania game is somthing to be excited about as well.
      One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Deborahlanker, 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Glenedelstein  
      Started by Omaha17, 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
      1 response