PS3 and Dragon Quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 and Dragon Quest?

Yoichi Wada is one of the most outspoken industry figures in Japan, often sharing his thoughts as one of his two identities: chairman of the Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association or president of Square Enix. In a recent interview with Japan's Nikkei BP, Wada assumed the latter form as he discussed Dragon Quest and the future of the PS3.

With Dragon Quest IX coming out for the DS, Wada fielded a question about this meaning a shift in Square Enix's development strategy towards the platform. This isn't necessarily the case. "Following portable machines, we see the market for the PlayStation 3 and other next generation consoles taking off, so we will develop for that."

In fact, nothing has apparently been decided for the next Dragon Quest. "Aside from the Dragon Quest titles that have been announced, nothing has been decided. We're not thinking about fixing [the series] on the DS."

The Square Enix president seems to have a lot of faith in the PS3. "We have expectations from the PS3. However, it's still early. For us to do business [on the platform], it will take a bit more time."

Wada expects a shift to the PS3 to begin first with a more pronounced shift to high definition television sets. "Once the television environment is in place, at last the true game business will form. I see the PS3 market taking off starting around 2008."

"Some journalists don't understand that there's a difference in the amount of time hardware takes to spread and have taken the tone of 'the world of high vision, high quality gaming has come to an end.' However, once you see the world of high vision, there's no going back."

Closing up, Wada offered his vision for how gamers will split across all the various systems out there. "I believe casual gamers will go to the Wii, DS, or even PSP while those who want to have a fuller experience will go to the PS3 and Xbox 360."
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/763/763512p1.html

hmmmm,hopefully 10 will start production soon.
    Ready to pop you like the cork and wine
    Ready to pop you like the cherry on a gorgeous dime

There's really nothing you can say other than the PS3 lost out on the next exclusive version of this game to a handheld system. And it wasn't even the PSP.

Comment

PS3's not missing much with DQ9 anyways, sounds kinda gay
      ------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
      I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

word around the campfire is that the DQ9 cart willbe the largest of the new carts being made for the system. Over twice the storage of what FFIII used. But lets not forget about Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. Squares other DS game comming. it looks AWSOME! But just because 10 is not on the DS does not automatically mean it's comming to the PS3. This article is just hopeful speculation by the Playstation magazine.
        One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20 View Post
          PS3's not missing much with DQ9 anyways, sounds kinda gay

Sounds better than DQ VIII to me. You said Rocket Slime was gonna suck and it ended up being one of the best RPG's made. EVER. LOL @ ethanpinions. You also said the DS would fail, and it's the most popular system on the market. You suck at this game swimfan.

Heres a better article on the same subject by the guy who actually runs the square enix company. I think the fanboys shall find it enlightening. http://www.cubed3.com/news/6783/1/Sq...ull_Transcript)
          Last edited by gdillinjah; 02-13-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

So you guys don't even find it slightly troubling that Sony is losing exclusive games to HANDHELD systems? Not even next-gen competitor a fucking handheld that's equivalent to the N64.

I wonder if that opinion would hold true if Mario came to PSP. Doubtful.

Comment

^ Doesnt bother me.
              Originally posted by BIZZY BONE
              Puttin' a pistol to my brain, one second before I squeeze,
              since I'm A gangster, I'm a put myself on my knees.

Comment

If I spent $600+ on a console only to find exclusive games heading to the $125 DS I might be a little pissed off. As it is, it's fucking hilarious to me.

Comment

Honestly though Dragon Quest IX is sounding better and better the more I hear about it. The game takes the "pokemon" battle arena syle of side quest from Dragon Quest VIII a step further and turns it into an "Animal Crossing" style of side quest where you build your own KINGDOM. And it's gonna be Wifi and the Kingdom will be completely customizable and interchagable from plants to wildlife to people and populations. All just like animal crossing and all as a side quest in the new Dragon Quest for the DS. it is shaping up to possibly be the best Dragon Quest ever and SwimFan is trying to slight it over slightly better graphics and only one screen and no touch capabilities. I cannot even comprehend such completely blinded fanboyisim. The makers of the game are not bringing it to DS because they "have to", they are doing it because they want to and because it will be a better game because of it.

Comment

im pretty sure if it runs on the DS it will be a slightly different game than the one on PS3... and by slightly I mean increadibally

but this donsn't apply to me since I have not, nor will I play a dragon quest game.
                    New old song of mine Dedicated
                    Dedicated

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by touhidfiver1, Today, 06:51 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes