Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales people working for commission

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but whenever
    I go into a store that gives its employees a commission for what they sell, there are up to 3 different sales people that ask if I need help finding anything. It's really annoying and I'll tell them I'm just looking so they'll go away..... but I really wanna say "Don't even waste your time with me...I didn't bring any money to spend here so I'm not gonna fucken buy anything today!"
    I really hate it when they interrupt a conversation that you are having with a friend. It just goes to show me how desperate and greedy they are to make more money off of us.

the truth behind customer service...

When I was a teenager living in Oakland, I used to work in the San Francisco shopping center at a trendy shop... We had "10 steps to customer service" and with every customer that entered the store, we had to start with step 1...

step 1. Greet the customer with a "Hello" and smile...
    step 2. Get to know your customer by asking "Anything you're looking for in particular?"
    step 3. Make your customer aware of discounted or reduced prices
    step 4. Give your opinion on what you think would look best on him/her
    step 5. Take the clothes the customers has decided to try on, and hang them on an empty changing room
    step 6. lead your customer to the room, and stay nearby to possibly get her different sizes
    step 7. offer accessories (ex. jewelry, hair clips, nailpolish)
    step 8. Ask her if she already has a store discount card (if not, explain what it is)
    step 9. ring her up, and bag her clothes
    step 10. tell her goodbye and that you hope to see her soon...

... in hell !!

naw, for real... I can't believe I remember those, it's been like 7 years! LOL... it was like our bible, and all the girlies I was working with were always in competition! No matter what kinda morning I been havin' I had to hide my real emotions and follow these shitty rules...

They should make a movie on this... I remember one of my co-workers threaten the other girl's life just cuz she got more points for that day... madness, I tell ya

LOL!

Comment

Clothing stores are the worst, but if it's an attractive sales person who's working, its sometimes cool to receive help because its like... "wow, this hot chick is talking to me and saying I would look really good if I bought this!" Of course you don't know if they sincerely mean it and like with a lot of hot girls, they're only talking to you cuz they want your money.

Comment

for most of my clothes i go to industries and the guy that works there like knows me and shit he dont do shit like that. all he tells me when the willie esco shit comes out and reserves me shit. he dont annoy me or anything
        ::esco

Comment

I know what ya sayin' esco... it all depends on where you're shopping... since I'm older and making some benjis, I only buy expensive brands now... the peeps in the shops around here that I prefer never pester me... plus I get some promotion clothing sometimes :D Usually when I go searchin' for new Sir Benni Miles or Triple 5 Soul for girls... the people know how to act when I walk in... LOL

Comment

Damn

There is a place that are selling books and magazines here. I had like 3 missed calls when I got home one day and it was all from that company so I desided to remember the number and NOT answer. And they found out my mobile number too.

I saw that they called my mobile and didnt answer. They left me a messages on my voicemail, but they didnt even say anything it was just quet - but I could tell someone was there.

Over a period of two weeks they have called me like 30-40 times on my mobile and just as much at my home number.

And today I answered them. And it was a guy offering me a book. I said "NO" and he asked if I would like it if I could pay in it 3 payments, and I said "NO". "But what if you dont have to pay until next year?" I told him that money wasnt the issue and goodvye.

HOW ANNOYING CAN THOSE PEOPLE BE. That was all together like 70 phonecalls!

DAMN
            Here´s my pic.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/61b168db/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/ojojoj---1.jpg?pfNfAR8AUYnd91pp

Comment

yea shit like that happens to me .sum one keeps calling my house my id says unavailable and when i answer the person hangs up. this shit been happening for like 6 years its really pissin me off.
              ::esco

Comment

Caucasian Male

yeah those peeps get annoying sometimes.. but if im bored ill have em help me for awhile then act like you gonna get some expensive shit then just walk off.
                www.norml.org

"Freedom is a state of mind, a mind is a state of being, stay the fuck out of my mind and my being!"

Comment

many of my friend work off of commission. it's not that they wanna make a sale, it's partly that and if they get any bad reports that they weren't helpful, there are many people who would be happy to take their job off their hands. so they have to do it, even if it gets annoying.
                  ------------------------------------
                  "He Who Makes a Beast Out of Himself, Gets Rid of the Pain of Being a Man."
                  ------------------------------------

Comment

It can be really annoying. We don't really get harassed like that in the Uk, except in american chains like GAP.

I don't think it is fair to call them greedy as they are probably badly paid and therefore the commission is really important to them.

I went to New York on holiday four weeks ago. Everytime I went to the counter to pay, the person behind the till asked if anyone had helped me. If someone had I had to point them out to them. Isn't that going a little too far? I couldn't work under conditions like that!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ivanjevans, Today, 12:20 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ivanjevans  
                    Started by vzday, Today, 12:17 AM