Procrastination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procrastination

Who else does this? I mean to the point of racing to the last minute on doing things.

I have this project I locked myself into, deliberately. If I hadnt, Id have never started. Anyways, I have to be ready for this function by 6:30a tomorrow morning. And what is it I do? I fuckin wait and wait till the last possible moment to get motivated. I dont do this with all projects, just the ones I really dont want to do i guess. And the crazy thing is I decided to do this on my own, was my decision.

Whats also bad is I'll find the lamest things to keep me distracted from doing the actual project. Like, I went upstairs to my office, on the way up I see a plant is dying. I start picking at it, then decide to pick at all the plants in the fricken house, but on the way I notice a spot on the pool table
    felt. Ive ended up with like 6 other half done projects, all to avoid the one big project. Fuck me. (arguingsm

Sorry, needed to vent. Im off to avoid another task.
    "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Errr ADD?? Just kidding. LOL I do that same thing in mundane everyday life. It takes a lot of motivation to not get distracted when you have to accomplish something you would rather not do.
    Props to NoFear for my avatar !

Comment

i haven't worked for a single minute yet today...been just surfing/watching tv. i have shit i HAVE to get done before the weekend, but i just can't get focused (ADD for sure...lol).

looks like i'm staying in tonight
      in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarett
        Who else does this? I mean to the point of racing to the last minute on doing things.

I have this project I locked myself into, deliberately. If I hadnt, Id have never started. Anyways, I have to be ready for this function by 6:30a tomorrow morning. And what is it I do? I fuckin wait and wait till the last possible moment to get motivated. I dont do this with all projects, just the ones I really dont want to do i guess. And the crazy thing is I decided to do this on my own, was my decision.

Whats also bad is I'll find the lamest things to keep me distracted from doing the actual project. Like, I went upstairs to my office, on the way up I see a plant is dying. I start picking at it, then decide to pick at all the plants in the fricken house, but on the way I notice a spot on the pool table
        felt. Ive ended up with like 6 other half done projects, all to avoid the one big project. Fuck me. (arguingsm

Sorry, needed to vent. Im off to avoid another task.
        Sounds like my life. I know what you mean by getting distracted by the most pointless things. Tha'ts what I do. Once I stop something that I feel is an obligation, it's hard to get started again. It's hard to get started on anything in the first place, and then every time I stop something it's really hard to get started on it again. One thing I did read somewhere is that procrastination isn't necessarily putting off doing something, it's putting off starting something. And when you stop and can't start again, it's the same thing. It's a really hard problem to get rid of (I of course am not even close to doing that), but sometimes it takes one moment to really take the plunge and get back into something and then it's never as bad as you thought it was going to be (except when you REALLY put it off to the last minute then you know the whole time you're not doing a good enough job). Anyway hang in there Ama. Good luck with your project, you'll be able to loaf a tiny bit when it's over at least

Comment

Originally posted by mrMarcus
          i haven't worked for a single minute yet today...been just surfing/watching tv. i have shit i HAVE to get done before the weekend, but i just can't get focused (ADD for sure...lol).

looks like i'm staying in tonight
          I really do think ADD makes it 100 times harder to focus on something to start working. And it makes the internet like the best place ever, you can go from site to site - whenever you get bored of one thing there's another. I say this because I most likely do have ADD myself.

Comment

I procrastinated A LOT in skool work this year... cuz I always got other shit to do and put it off all the time... I am getting better and I am trying to not do that with things I wanna do... I always try and get my goals done on time
            +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
            JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Originally posted by SlamboS
              I really do think ADD makes it 100 times harder to focus on something to start working. And it makes the internet like the best place ever, you can go from site to site - whenever you get bored of one thing there's another. I say this because I most likely do have ADD myself.
              it's funny 'cause i was actually talking with one of my buddies about this last night and how i waste so much time doing shit that has no relevance to what i'm supposed to be doin', ie. surf those "Time Killer" sites.

it's like i need to put parental control on my computer during the day so i can get some work done...lol. i'm actually bein' serious about that.

Comment

Story of my life. Well, I don't do school work anymore but, when I would always fake sick that day and plan to do the project all day. That never happens. I sleep all day and start my project that night. It actually depends on what the project is on. If its something I like, I'll do it. But, ah..cleaning my room is a big issue for me. I hate my room extremely messy but I can never bring myself to clean it. Its usually just clothes on my floor and a few papers. It would probably take me 30 minutes tops to clean it. Instead I end up going out or going on the computer. Me having to make supper and feed one of my dogs is worse. One of my dogs is outside and if its cold oh boy..I wont wanna get up.

About ADD, I was tested for it but apperently I don't have it. I don't believe them. In mid sentence I'll always just start talking about something else. And, someone could be talking to me and I could stare at a dust particle and completely miss everything they say. Plus, the actual way they find out if you have ADD is gay and could be easily inaccurate.
                I <3 JMart.
                "The Craig Machine"
                ^Buy it.

-Justine
                Props to Kali for the avatar. RIP Proof.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEyes71304
                  And, someone could be talking to me and I could stare at a dust particle and completely miss everything they say.
                  hahaha...my kind of girl.

i haven't been tested for ADD, but all the symptoms are there.

Comment

I have 6 exams left and final paper and I am done with college... didnt touch anything for 3 months now... terrible... and I just know I will do it all at once around summer, when I will have 3 months time to finish college.. and I could have done it easily... last year, I was on the roll... now people are catching up with number of left exams
                    /-\narchy.

Lilith Entertainment Wallpapers

Comment

i alwasy procrastinate makes my life harder lol
                      Based

Comment

"procrastination is like masturbation--it feels good while your're doing it, but in the end you're just fucking yourself."
                        What I'm Listening To

Comment

Originally posted by mrMarcus
                          hahaha...my kind of girl.

i haven't been tested for ADD, but all the symptoms are there.
                          lol.

Well, alls they did when they "tested" me was as all my teachers to watch my habits for a week and write what I did during the class. Thats it.
                          I <3 JMart.
                          "The Craig Machine"
                          ^Buy it.

-Justine
                          Props to Kali for the avatar. RIP Proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarett
                            Fuck me.
                            Okay.
                            ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

hey...i've been meaning to buy that book we talked about...not gonna do that until someone stabs me.(which should be tomorrow)
                              My other aliases:
                              justp1ayin
                              West
                              Masai
                              On The Shelf

Originally posted by Nasen
                              i seeth for a minute
                              Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
                              i have no clue who was de-re whatever

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse