Tone's Dentist's Office: The Murder and the Followup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone's Dentist's Office: The Murder and the Followup

im posting this because it hit close to home...there was a murder last thursday at the very dentist's office that i go to...the day right before the murder, i actually went there for an appointment...So, to hear that this went down the following day is really fucked up...i mean, of course i've known people and seen things as terrible as this, but the fact that it was a mother who was killed in front of her kid and the fact that i have been going there for years shows that there is no place of innocence...who knows? i could've had my appointment that very day and been caught up in the crossfire...so R.I.P. to the lady who was killed; the guy that killed her, apparently shot himself to death and his body was found today...just a really fucked up story all around...so here are the news reports courtesy of yahoo news...

i also know Dr. Anderson Huang; he's not my dentist but ive seen him every single time that i have had an appointment there...matter of fact, i saw him the day before the murder, when i had my last appointment...

Dental office horror

BY OREN YANIV and ROBERT F. MOORE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

A woman was shot to death in the crowded waiting room of a Queens dental office yesterday - allegedly by her ex-con former boyfriend - in front of her horrified daughter.
    The 13-year-old girl stood crying among the chaos, with blood on her jeans and hands, as her mother, Xian Quian Cheung, took her last breath, witnesses said.
    "My mother got shot!" Rish Cheung screamed through tears.
    Cops were searching for suspect Michael Hicks, 51, last night. More than 30 years ago, Hicks was charged with murder in the death of another woman he dated, cops said. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 1974 and served four years in prison before being paroled.
    Witnesses said there were several children in the Flushing waiting room when the gunman walked in just after 4 p.m.
    A law enforcement source said the killer asked if he could talk to the 41-year-old victim. When Cheung declined, he pointed a handgun at her and fired twice, fatally wounding her in the chest and neck.
    "I heard two shots," said 11-year-old Liza Kola, who was having her braces adjusted in Dr. Anderson Huang's dental chair at the Golden Garden Luxury Condominiums when bullets started flying. "I went to the waiting area and saw the daughter. There was blood all over her."
    Liza said she put her arm around Rish, who is not Hicks' child, and tried to calm her.
    Responding police found Cheung, of Briarwood, dead on the floor at 42-31 Colden St. about 4:15 p.m.
    Nervous parents rushed to the building to check on children at the dentist's office and at a nearby day care center.
    "I was driving really fast to see if my son was okay," said Eddie Garcia, whose child was in the waiting room.
    Police said Cheung had not taken out a protective order against Hicks, but she reported a verbal dispute involving him in November.
    Hicks was described as 5-feet-8 and 160 pounds, wearing a black sweatshirt and dark pants. He may be driving a green 1995 Saturn with New York license plate AMD-7401.

Originally published on March 11, 2005

here's the news report from yahoo news, that was released today...it's about the killer and about how he shot himself...

Dental slay suspect
    kills self in chase

BY SCOTT SHIFREL
    and ROBERT F. MOORE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

The ex-con wanted for shooting his former girlfriend to death in front of her daughter last week turned the same gun on himself and committed suicide in a Queens park yesterday, cops said.
    Police had been looking for Michael Hicks, 51, since he walked into a Queens dental office and blew away Xian Quian Cheung on March 10.

Two detectives assigned to the 113th Precinct spotted a man later identified as Hicks crouching near 116th Road and Barron St. just before 4 p.m. yesterday, law enforcement sources said.

When they went toward him, Hicks took off running toward a fenced-in handball court at Baisley Pond Park in South Jamaica. Police said the officers briefly lost sight of the man as he ran behind the concrete handball wall.

Then they heard a loud pop and found Hicks on his back with a gunshot wound to the right temple. A 9-mm. handgun was recovered at the scene.

"The vacation is over," a law enforcement source said.

A police source said Hicks' mother lives a few blocks from where he killed himself. Last night, three women placed votive candles near the bloodstained latex gloves left behind by paramedics after the body was removed.

"Don't believe anything you hear," one woman said before driving away.

Hicks had demanded to talk to Cheung, 41, in the dentist's crowded waiting room last week. When she refused, he shot her in the neck and chest.

Cheung is survived by two daughters - Vivian, 10, and Risa, 12. The older girl was in the waiting room and was covered with her mother's blood in the shooting.

Hicks had stalked and terrorized Cheung since the couple split up about two months ago, sources said.

Hicks was convicted of stabbing his wife to death on a Bronx street in 1974. He and the 23-year-old woman had been arguing on Westchester Ave. and Bruckner Blvd. He was charged with murder, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and served four years in prison before he was paroled in 1978.

City Councilman John Liu (D-Flushing) has led an effort to raise money for Cheung's daughters.

Contributions from businesses, individuals and foundations have topped $20,000. Liu spoke with the girls' guardians yesterday after Hicks killed himself. "The Cheung family is incredibly relieved," he said. "This has been a week of terror with the killer still at large."

Now the girls can go back home and return to school. "They'd been in hiding," he said.

With Alison Gendar

Originally published on March 18, 2005

Comment

Correction: the news reports are from the NY Daily News; i used yahoo to find them...

Comment

Damn. That's a crazy situation especially seeing as you were just there.

That whole story is tragic.

RIP.
        Last edited by Rog; 03-18-2005, 03:28 PM.

Comment

that sucks.

this happened about 1 minute from where i was at the time.(apartment building on fire, stand off with swat team)

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/...305teargas.htm

and this is about 10 minutes from the house i lease...

http://www.local10.com/news/4287471/detail.html
          Last edited by TheMan; 03-18-2005, 03:54 PM.
          My other aliases:
          justp1ayin
          West
          Masai
          On The Shelf

Originally posted by Nasen
          i seeth for a minute
          Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
          i have no clue who was de-re whatever

Comment

Sad story. Makes you think.
            Love, live life, proceed, progress

Comment

Bastard only servin 4 years for the first murder. Fuckin selfish people have to ruin it for others, destroying lives in the process. Very unfortunate.
              "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

unless they cancel it, i have to go back in two weeks...it's going to be extremely awkward and its going to feel completely different, especially knowing the halls i once walked before recently became the site of a murder and were filled with blood...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                  unless they cancel it, i have to go back in two weeks...it's going to be extremely awkward and its going to feel completely different, especially knowing the halls i once walked before recently became the site of a murder and were filled with blood...
                  Damn, this guy should of got more than 4 years for his prior murder.
                  Laughing how dreams ain't dreams no more
                  Used to dream of keys 'til the triple-beam was sore

- Pusha T "You'll See"

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPantha23
                    Damn, this guy should of got more than 4 years for his prior murder.

yea he should of...but then again, where he's at now he's probably making up for that...

i actually won't be surprised if i have seen this guy before...i saw his picture on the news but he didn't look like some one that i remember seeing...then again, i have been going to this place for years, so there is still that possibility that i have seen him before...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                      yea he should of...but then again, where he's at now he's probably making up for that...
                      Word but instead of him being in jail, a woman is dead and a girl has no parents
                      Laughing how dreams ain't dreams no more
                      Used to dream of keys 'til the triple-beam was sore

- Pusha T "You'll See"

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPantha23
                        Word but instead of him being in jail, a woman is dead and a girl has no parents
                        yeah, that's the saddest part. it just doesn't affect him, it affects everybody. and the child/ren is the one affected the most.
                        glad ur okay tone. be safe. i think i would re-think the check-up.

Comment

shit like this makes me so sad. I fucking hate it.
                          "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
                          - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

for real that shit is fucked up..

RIP
                            Back like Cooked Crack

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 11:22 AM