Holographic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holographic Universe

'Put another way, there is evidence to suggest that our world and everything in it—from snowflakes to maple trees to falling stars and spinning electrons—are also only ghostly images, projections from a level of reality so beyond our own it is literally beyond both space and time. The main architects of this astonishing idea are two of the world's most eminent thinkers: University of London physicist David Bohm, a protege of Einstein's and one of the world's most respected quantum Physicists; and Karl Pribram, a neurophysiologist at Stanford University and author of the classic neuropsychological textbook Languages of the Brain. Intriguingly, Bohm and Pribram arrived at their conclusions independently and while working from two very different directions. Bohm became convinced of the universe's holographic nature only after years of dissatisfaction with standard theories' inability to explain all of the phenomena encountered in quantum physics. Pribram became convinced because of the failure of standard theories of the brain to explain various neurophysiological puzzles.

The most staggering thing about the holographic model was that it suddenly made sense of a wide range of phenomena so elusive they generally have been categorized outside the province of scientific understanding. These include telepathy, precognition, mystical feelings of oneness with the universe, and even psychokinesis, or the ability of the mind to move physical objects without anyone touching them. Indeed, it quickly became apparent to the ever growing number of scientists who came to embrace the holographic model that it helped explain virtually all paranormal and mystical experiences, and in the last half-dozen years or so it has continued to galvanize researchers and shed light on an increasing number of previously inexplicable phenomena.

In the last several decades a remarkable body of evidence has accrued suggesting that our current understanding of reality, the solid and comforting sticks-and-stones picture of the world we all learned about in high-school science class, is wrong. Because these findings cannot be explained by any of our standard scientific models, science has in the main ignored them. However, the volume of evidence has reached the point where this is no longer a tenable situation.

To give just one example, in 1987, physicist Robert G. Jahn and clinical psychologist Brenda J. Dunne, both at Princeton University, announced that after a decade of rigorous experimentation by their Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Laboratory, they had accumulated unequivocal evidence that the mind can psychically interact with physical reality. More
    specifically, Jahn and Dunne found that through mental concentration alone, human beings are able to affect the way certain kinds of machines operate. This is an astounding finding and one that cannot be accounted for in terms of our standard picture of reality.

It can be explained by the holographic view, however. Conversely, because paranormal events cannot be accounted for by our current scientific understandings, they cry out for a new way of looking at the universe, a new scientific paradigm. The fact that the paranormal cannot be explained by our current scientific worldview is only one of the reasons it remains so controversial. Another is that psychic functioning is often very difficult to pin down in the lab, and this has caused many scientists to conclude it therefore does not exist.

An even more important reason is that contrary to what many of us have come to believe, science is not prejudice-free. I first learned this a number of years ago when I asked a well-known physicist what he thought about a particular parapsychological experiment. The physicist (who had a reputation for being skeptical of the paranormal) looked at me and with great authority said the results revealed "no evidence of any psychic functioning whatsoever." I had not yet seen the results, but because I respected the physicist's intelligence and reputation, I accepted his judgment without question. Later when I examined the results for myself, I was stunned to discover the experiment had produced very striking evidence of psychic ability. I realized then that even well-known scientists can possess biases and blind spots.'

I can post more on this if any of you are interested..
    Last edited by Cryptic; 08-19-2005, 02:01 AM.

I'd be interested in reading more if you could post it Payne, thanks in advance.

Comment

I read the title and just knew it would be one of Payne's threads Nice read

Comment

that was interesting, but isnt holographics just images? so why is it then i cant go through a tree, if its just an "image" i always holographs were made by manipulating light.
        I think it should be done to you
        Kill furriers, rip off their heads
        Grate their skin, eat their flesh
        Break into a scientists lab
        Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

Comment

Perhaps if you impliment that thought into your brain enough, you CAN do it :P Afterall we only use 10% of our brains.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRainbowSplash
            Perhaps if you impliment that thought into your brain enough, you CAN do it :P Afterall we only use 10% of our brains.
            Im implenting having my hand go through my desk. Its not working.
            Banned by Ian for pissing him off. 07/02/06

Now banned permanently. The previous ban was for two weeks but this idiot just HAD to re-register when I told him not to.

Comment

Use the force...

Comment

Originally posted by DJRainbowSplash
                Use the force...
                LMAO!

Comment

more on this later... i'll upload a few books

Comment

its weird how this scientific explanation has existed in the name of "faith" in certain indigenous cultures for 10s of thousand of years ........... its almost as if the West doesnt know where its heading...it doesnt show any grounding in anything but the need for facts of Western science etc to prove & challenge ancient knowledge, and somthings just are wisdom, cosmic & life order and just are......but that all comes down to beliefs....but some things just are have been & will be with or without evidence of Western science.
                    Last edited by elemental; 08-24-2005, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Mind of matter...

That was a good read, repped. Id like to read more.
                      To the British, I'm Ghandi/
                      To the Japanese I'm an American pilot flyin over Nagasaki/
                      To the AIDS patient I'm your last antibody/
                      Sittin and waitin for a cure from modern biology/

-Canibus

Comment

interesting
                        Build Big Muscles Fast

Foods That Will Kill Your Appetite

Comment

You need Acrobat Reader to view .pdf files which you can get here: http://www.acrobat.com

First few chapters of the book Holographic Universe: http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...50EECTLOF8P5MN

Interesting book called Creating Your Reality:
                          http://www.astralvoyage.com/ebook/cr...y-download.php

David Icke - Infinite Love is the Only Truth Everything Else is an Illusion (CRAAAZY BOOK):
                          http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...21JIPXC2BAIS4S

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
                          Last edited by Cryptic; 08-25-2005, 05:24 PM.

Comment

^Thanks for thosel inks, except my Adobe is expired so I cant read them .
                            To the British, I'm Ghandi/
                            To the Japanese I'm an American pilot flyin over Nagasaki/
                            To the AIDS patient I'm your last antibody/
                            Sittin and waitin for a cure from modern biology/

-Canibus

Comment

i had no clue that it expires... i'm sure you could get a crack or something from limewire or emule

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:04 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oneshotc0  
                              Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:01 AM
                              0 responses