The Negative Effects of Smoking Weed Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Negative Effects of Smoking Weed Daily

I've always wanted to know how long it normally takes for your lungs/body to feel the bad effects of weed (the tar and all that shit in it not the THC). I play football but dont plan on playing it after high school (im in 11th grade) maybe abit in college if i go. Anyone know the time it takes?
    "I'll Bring The Beef To Your Front Door Like Dominoes"

Enter The Syztim

ive been smoking for like 6 years now, only weed tho, i dont have a smokers cough or anything like that but i have noticed my lungs suck now. So if u plan on playin football you can smoke just every once in a while you will be alrite. if u smoke on a constant basis like i do then dont even try to play football.
    Colombian Heart

New York

State

Of

Mind

Comment

Smoking in general .
      Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

Comment

If you want to fix this problem, buy a vaporizer. It uses hot air to extract the THG. Thus removing all smoke and smell and harmful chemicals that you get when you burn the weed.

Gets you twice as high and is healthy for you.
        49ers

- ALEX SMITH the next GREAT QB

Comment

Originally posted by Obie2005
          is healthy for you.
          i don't think there is a healthy way to inhale smoke...it can only be "less unhealthy" to do it this way.
          in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

I'm a Senior in High School and I'm a starter on the Varsity Soccer Team.

Granted, Soccer and Football are not the same, but both are two sports that really take alot out of you. I smoke pot all the time .. and I've done it 6 out of the last 7 days.

I noticed, that if I do it before soccer, I'm completely out of it. My lungs don't really hurt, but my mind is 100% elsewhere and I can't concentrate at all. But if I take a nap before practice, I feel great, well-rested and I can focus.

The whole lung problem isn't really a factor to me. And I've been smoking for about two years now, playing soccer for about triple that.

I'm sure it's bound to catch up to me one day though lol
            RAJON RONDO = MOST UNDERRATED POINT GUARD IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL

Comment

I smoke weed every now and then, and im the number one reciever on our team. Its not bad when it comes to sports if its just once in a while, but if you smoke everyday its gonna fuck with your lung capacity, and you will become fatigued easily. But just keep it spread apart, once i smoked an hour or so before a game. Stupid idea, i couldn't run full speed without nearly trippin over my own feet.
              Last edited by no good27; 08-22-2005, 11:02 AM.
              National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

Originally posted by MAKAVELI2199
                I noticed, that if I do it before soccer, I'm completely out of it. My lungs don't really hurt, but my mind is 100% elsewhere and I can't concentrate at all.
                ummmm, that's because you just smoked some weed man.
                in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

^ Yea, no shit haha .. I worded that wrong.

I don't mean like RIGHT before .. I'm sayin like if I smoke at 2:00, and I have practice at 6:00, even though I'm not high anymore, I'm just so spaced out that I can't concentrate haha

My bad, shoulda specified what I meant
                  RAJON RONDO = MOST UNDERRATED POINT GUARD IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL

Comment

yeah thats true^

being burnt out + playing sports, DO NOT mix lol

Comment

Actually, THC is a bronchial dilator (opens up lungs), but this probably only lasts a few hours max. Since the effect is caused by THC, not the other chemicals present in weed or the metabolytes of THC. Still though, the mental effects would outweigh the physical effects, as it does reduce reaction time (not nearly as much as alcohol tho), plus your not 100% mentally.

The process of smoking does produce carcinogens which reside in the lungs longer than THC does. If you wanna stick to smokin green, do what you can to get rid of the carcinogens:
                      Like Obie2005 said, a vaporiser would be the best way next to eating it (which could exceed the cost in buying a vaporiser over time).
                      If you can't afford either one, a bong is the next best solution, it removes some of the carcinogens but not as much as a vaporiser. Best thing about a water bong; you can make one for free or next to nothing, and is alot better than smokin joints or through a pipe.

So if anything, at least use a bong.
                      BTW, don't you get drug tested at your school for sports? If you wanna do your best and keep playing, absolute best way is to not smoke at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKAVELI2199
                        ^ Yea, no shit haha .. I worded that wrong.

I don't mean like RIGHT before .. I'm sayin like if I smoke at 2:00, and I have practice at 6:00, even though I'm not high anymore, I'm just so spaced out that I can't concentrate haha

My bad, shoulda specified what I meant
                        I know exactly what you mean.
                        Fuck this username
                        NutzOnYaChin

Bodyrott's Hip Hop Forum

Comment

I play soccer and I don't have great endurance but I haven't ever been that good at it... I don't really run but I should to get a bigger endurance, when I play soccer I don't really run out of breath that much and I don't have a smokers cough and I have been smoking for almost a year and I smoke almost everyday. I smoke bongs mostly tho so that is good cuz it cleans the smoke of tar and some other harmful chemicals but it doesn't clean all the smoke... but it is also good cuz it gets me really high faster so I don't have to smoke as much in it as a joint or blunt which I smoke occasionally. I also smoke pipes but not as often however I did today and I have a lot for the past few weeks.

Mentally I haven't really got fucked that much and I hope for it to stay that way but it isn't that bad... however I hate how I hardly have energy after I smoked before cuz I get so burnt out... which is why when I have games I usually don't smoke on my game days.

If I was smoking spliffs daily then I would be fucked I think but since I do it in bongs I don't do as much and it is healthier... I haven't had the oppourtunity to smoke a vapourizer yet but I have wanted to for a really long time.

If you have anymore questions then just let me kno.
                          +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                          JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Originally posted by bowman_08
                            being burnt out + playing sports, DO NOT mix lol
                            lol word for sure I def know what u mean, I always have to face this lol... and like today when I have to referee I run a lot to keep up with the play when I referee soccer and I have been smoking all day that shit is soooo tiring I can hardly move but it is my job and I have to do it... also on days when I smoke and play a game or go to practise... that just isn't fun.
                            +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                            JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon_General
                              Actually, THC is a bronchial dilator (opens up lungs), but this probably only lasts a few hours max. Since the effect is caused by THC, not the other chemicals present in weed or the metabolytes of THC. Still though, the mental effects would outweigh the physical effects, as it does reduce reaction time (not nearly as much as alcohol tho), plus your not 100% mentally.

The process of smoking does produce carcinogens which reside in the lungs longer than THC does. If you wanna stick to smokin green, do what you can to get rid of the carcinogens:
                              Like Obie2005 said, a vaporiser would be the best way next to eating it (which could exceed the cost in buying a vaporiser over time).
                              If you can't afford either one, a bong is the next best solution, it removes some of the carcinogens but not as much as a vaporiser. Best thing about a water bong; you can make one for free or next to nothing, and is alot better than smokin joints or through a pipe.

So if anything, at least use a bong.
                              BTW, don't you get drug tested at your school for sports? If you wanna do your best and keep playing, absolute best way is to not smoke at all.

When it comes to drugs he gets the final say.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ioddvrea, Today, 04:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ioddvrea  
                              Started by pdmhuqwdghko, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses