No announcement yet.

If you've ever been falsely diagnosed, or abused at the hands of psychiatrists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've ever been falsely diagnosed, or abused at the hands of psychiatrists

I have for half my life since I was a little kid until I saw it for what it was recently, and until yesterday I thought I was alone. But I saw this organization at www.cchr.com for people just like me who feel the same way I do. These are doctors and lawyers and experts, they are not a pyramid scheme like Scientology which just gives this movement bad publicity. I can personally testify to the majority of what they are talking about on this website. Are they heavy-handed about this issue? To be perfectly honest I don't know, but the fact is this is my reality and the reality of millions of children in the United States and parts of Europe too. It has no race or class boundries, it's an epidemic across the board and one that nearly ruined my life. If you feel this has happened to you, spread the word about this organization.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

yeah you have to be careful about someone who's supposed to tell you how you think, they are in a very powerful position

Comment

I definitely agree with that. When I went off medicine a few months ago I decided it's time to think for myself. That's why I was wary of Scientology, which is just as guilty of brainwashing as psychiatrists (though at least they don't prey on children). Of course psychiatrists launch a smear campaign against the CCHR because Scientology supports it, but they are not actually a part of Scientology. The reason I support what www.cchr.com says is because I looked at what they said it was almost as if I wrote it myself. That's how identical what that organization says is to my reality, they were saying things I already knew and thought I was the only one who knew. I can finally move on with my life knowing there's a growing group of people that are just like me, and I'm confident they'll have their day. As far as Scientology's support of the anti-psychiatry movement, look a lot of people forget that in the 19th Century a lot of the abolitionists were nutcases and extremists, that didn't mean they weren't right. Eventually normal political figures caught on to anti-slavery, which is what's starting to happen with public awareness of psychiatry. I'm not really a socially conscious, politcal kind of person but this directly affects me and I hope the public and the government catches on to what the CCHR says.
      Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 09-09-2005, 03:12 PM.
      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

i've never dealt with one myself, but my one friend was going to this psychologist and for a while she helped him... but after a while it kinda got stale and wasn't working at all... she like tried to get him to have some meeting with his parents and it made their whole family get into a huge fight...

so he decided he was going to leave so he told her he wasn't going to go to her anymore... and so the psychologist told him that he was running from the same problem if he left, and that it had something to do with some ego complex he had and that him trying to leave was just another symptom and that he had to stay if he knew what was good for him... she said she's seen a lot of people like this and she knows how to help it...

and he decided to stay after that... and i told him what the fuck you can't let her give you advice about your relationship with her as a doctor... obviously if you leave she's gonna convince you you're leaving for some stupid psychobabble reason.. you can't let her use her position like that, it's abusing her position, she's playing on the fact that you think she can help and making it so you have no choice to leave her...

when i think about it... it's pretty scary that someone can get you thinking they know how you work better than you, and that the only right thing to do is stay with them and keep paying them... it's like control and it's abuse of the position of being a therapist... that'd be like if you got pissed at me and said i'm done talking to you and i said but you don't understand why you're saying that, see actually i'm amazing, and you are actually leaving because you know i help you confront your biggest fears...

if someone said that to me i'd think wtf what an arrogant asshole, fuck off... so yeah anyway my friend stopped seeing that lady and did better by himself

i'm not saying though that all of them are bad or that they can't help people... because they really can, they can help in a lot of cases, but also they're in a position where they can almost control their patients and because of that you should always be careful and skeptical

Comment

I was diagnosed with anxiety and insomnia when I was 11, and depression when I turned 12, so I was put on sleeping medicine, and several other types my mom never informed me about. I remember feeling so much like a zombie that I would rather have been sad and crying and not eating, than continue to take medicine. But no one would let me off them, and eventually, i started hiding my pills and spitting them out. And a month or so after I stopped taking medicine, I was pretty much better. But I've never been the same.
          no dough ho, you can't fuck with me!

Comment

I don't know if all psychiatry is bad, but it is not what it's cracked up to be and for everyone it helps there's many more it fucks over. That's what they don't tell you. It's like they say at AA and NA, there's no chemical solution to a spiritual problem. It's one thing if someone has a physical illness, medicine will immediatley help them. But for social problems, using any drugs for that is playing with fire, legal or illegal. The funny thing is, illegal drug dealers are considered monsters for praying on people who should know better and ruining their lives with their permission, but psychiatrists will manipulate parents into making their kids take their drugs (as was my situation and millions of others). If selling H and coke to kids is wrong, than forcing kids to take speed (ritalin), the main ingredient in battery acid (litium), and God knows what else is hella wrong. The legal system needs to get it's priorities straight, psychiatry should be for consenting adults at their own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
              These are doctors and lawyers and experts, they are not a pyramid scheme like Scientology which just gives this movement bad publicity.
              This group was founded by the church of Scientology.

I think Tom Cruise gives this movement bad publicity.

I understand where they are comming from--I've been to psychiatrists/psychologists since I was 14 years old up until this day. However, this site seems to be a bit too biased to give me any substantial factual information.

Can you find me something better???

PS I recently bought this huge book on Luciano at a discount bookstore. One interesting mother fucker.

Comment

Go to www.szasz.com, he's a psychiatrist himself who wrote books about this. He himself was a main founder of this group, which has been smeared because the Church of Scientology put up a lot of the money for it and still does. Hopefully in the future more mainstream people will catch on to their message, but Scientology is where all the money is, as far as I'm concerned the CCHR's message is true so who cares where the money is coming from? It's not like they actually promote Scientology. If I was rich I'd give psychiatry awareness a new sponsor independent of Scientology but I'm not so I can't.

Comment

shit mahn im skitzo i already kno that i dont need a phsychitrist to tell me. nevr met one in my entire life.

sumtimes i feel realy different n wierd.
                  dont hate on ur dad juss cuz u never met him. he might be me.

smackin' da enemy wit akward agility, then attack ya facility, then its back to my killing spree - proof

Comment

Psychology is a myth. I believe it to be a bourgeois pseudo-science as it was rightfully coined by Soviet Scientists decades ago (where it was banned).

I believe medical practioners are handing out all sorts of drugs solely out of the profit mode of health care in our countries. I'm skepticial about any drugs being given to alter ones mind state (unless in severe cases). That needs to be abolished and alternative treatments should be used.
                    Last edited by | K Y L E |; 09-10-2005, 12:57 AM.

Comment

aww lucky
                      das sad...

I'm the Mujahideen and I'm making a scene! now your gonna feel what the boom boom mean like tupac said when i die i aint dead we are the matyr's you are squashed tomatoes

Comment

I've myself have been wrong diagnosed for more then 10 years!!
                        I always had troubles with my hip's, feet/ankles and knees.

First they said, because I grown so fast,
                        then it was because the sport I did. (so I stopped with it)

They gave me crutches, and walked on those fucking things for years,
                        I still need them now and then, in bad periods

Finally at age 24 they found out I had Rheumatisme,
                        which sux also, but atleast NOW I know what I have,
                        but now it's even worse, and there is no medication,
                        so that you can get rid of it.

I live with it, and accepted it (for the most part).
                        ...ALLES IS KUNST...

Today there will be no remorse at all,
                        Come what may.....!

Comment

I noticed my doctors particulary psychiatrists always prescribed me extra bullshit that I didn't need and it's because they get paid money by the companies, and it also influences what brand they give you even if it's not the best choice for you. Say zoloft has less side effects than strattera but strattera pays psychiatrists every time they prescribe it...you may end up with something that isnt the best for you. Scientology pisses me off. I was in the mall and i saw this "free stress test" i took it, obviously when i started talking about my problems the stress meter went way up, and the guy tells me about the books hes selling (the guy is involved in scientology) and the books are about self analysis and dianetics, basically saying your reactive mind causes you to react certain ways that are uncontrollable unless you learn how to reverse it and read the book. Well I noticed this guy was putting an unbelievable amount of pressure on me and my friend to buy this shit... i said i just wanted the dianetics book, thats all i was interested in...but hes all up in my face staring in my eyes trying to intimidate me telling me why I need to get this other book... im like "no i dont want it , fuckin drop it" then hes telling me that I need to buy the dvd to go along with the dianetics book because the dvd shows how to do the exercises or whatever, visually... im like look man im fuckin broke all i want is the 6 dollar book! hes like are you sure? And hes doing this shit while holding my fuckin credit card in his hand, im like give me my credit card back this is some bullshit, and i look over at my friend who is talking to another salesman for the scientology books and hes like "hey david can I borrow 20 dollars?" im like WTF? My friend never read a book in his life. See not only are they selling these books about how to take control of your reactive mind but they're also taking ADVANTAGE of your reactive mind by intimidating you and pressuring you and basically gaining control of you, to get you to buy their product but it didn't work on me.
                          Last edited by XDavidX; 09-20-2005, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Doctors never wanna tell you about natural cures, or natural ways of dealing with a disorder and controlling it...they'd rather give you medication after only asking you a few questions about what your problem is, then have you walking around fatigued like a zombie, having orgasms/ejaculation way out of sync, chest pains, diarrhea, trouble sleeping and a whole lot of other shit that ends up being worse than your original problem

Comment

I know from someone, that she first had to take med's
                              before they wanted to help her, because otherwise she
                              wouldn't get a good treatment, thats the lamest excuse I heard
                              from a shrink!!!!
                              ...ALLES IS KUNST...

Today there will be no remorse at all,
                              Come what may.....!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrankCobalt, 11-25-2020, 11:33 PM
                              1 response