• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flu (H5N1)

Are you worried?

Discuss...
    Hi old school d12world!!

nah not really, gotta die sometime... One of the reasons most people who get it over there die from it is because they don't have modern medicine there. If it happened here you would just end up in the hospital not dead.
    ~*And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back I promise to never go back on that promise*~

Comment

Originally posted by Stick137
      nah not really, gotta die sometime... One of the reasons most people who get it over there die from it is because they don't have modern medicine there. If it happened here you would just end up in the hospital not dead.
      lol...

No.

If 2 people contract it at the same time, within 24 hours one is dead. This is why scientists are rushing for a vaccine for Bird Flu, which I think they actually got one recently.

Canada is stocked up on it, so I'm not worried at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick137
        There isn't a vaccine... and the worry is that a pandemic could wipe millions of lives.

The Spanish flu that wiped millions of lives back in the early 20th century was pretty bad... there wasn't transatlantic, or world travelling then, like there is now. Think how quickly it could spread...

I think it's pretty serious. I know that my hospital are going to desperate measures to prepare themselves in case...

I'd be panicking...
        Hi old school d12world!!

Comment

well it isnt that serious yet... there are like 2-3 "versions" of the virus ... and only one is like really aggresive and deadly.... but i think it could change really quick it the dont find something in the next weeks....

what worries me is that the first case of the bird flu accured in my city today... they are actually testing which virus it is...

@stick137: no america doesnt have the cure for everything....
          i grip the heat so tight,
          my right hand feel like if i squeeze i make the whole clip ignite!

- Xzibit

Comment

I'm not going to be worried until it hits close to home. If someone I know or someone close to me gets it, I'll start worrying.

I'm not constantly worries about dying in a car crash or falling and breaking my leg so I'm not worried about this.

I do realize it's a different situation than breaking a leg or dying in a car crash but until it gets real big or hits close to home I won't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_els2000
              There isn't a vaccine... and the worry is that a pandemic could wipe millions of lives.
              The Spanish flu that wiped millions of lives back in the early 20th century was pretty bad... there wasn't transatlantic, or world travelling then, like there is now. Think how quickly it could spread...
              I think it's pretty serious. I know that my hospital are going to desperate measures to prepare themselves in case...
              I'd be panicking...

Theirs a Vaccine for every thing they have it in large quantities trust you just dont have enough money to pay for it. If you keep your body real healthy your bodies ammune system alone can cleanse your body from that shit. Medicines arent really needed if you take care of yourself.

Kansas
              City Chiefs: 5-3

Los
              Angeles Lakers: 7-0

Comment

I'm not really worried, it's close tho. It hit Germany and other countries pretty close to Holland, but we don't have it here yet ..

I doubt it will go from human to human, because they discovered it's different. This virus hides deep in your lungs, and not in your nose or mouth, so a sneeze or a cough won't affect you as fast [or won't at all] as it normally would if it spreads from human to human ..

I saw a seagul die a few days ago, it just fell from the air and died a couple minutes later ..
                Originally posted by midwestwitch
                If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

I'm not worried, Im young and healthy, and i have an incredibly strong immune systm. Obviously tho, im worried about it for other people, hopefully they can keep it from getting out of hand, like that other disease that was around a couple years ago, i forget what it was called tho.

Comment

Sars? ^
                    Originally posted by midwestwitch
                    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

ya thats it

Comment

Originally posted by S-DOT
                        I'm not worried, Im young and healthy, and i have an incredibly strong immune systm. Obviously tho, im worried about it for other people, hopefully they can keep it from getting out of hand, like that other disease that was around a couple years ago, i forget what it was called tho.
                        You're wrong, bird flu is most lethal in those who are young and healthy. So you'd be fucked
                        Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

really? i didnt know that. I thought old people and little kids had the worst chance of surviving it. Either way im still not worried at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizfit_Monstar
                            Theirs a Vaccine for every thing they have it in large quantities trust you just dont have enough money to pay for it. If you keep your body real healthy your bodies ammune system alone can cleanse your body from that shit. Medicines arent really needed if you take care of yourself.
                            Aww, friendo, if only that was the way. People vary in immunity.. take me for example who can die from a cold!! There aren't vaccines for everything.. that's fact. There isn't a vaccine for menigitis, well not for the worst types anyway.. and there aren't vaccines for many lethal diseases.

Vaccines, anyway, do not mutate along with protozoa... or virus' ... therefore a mutation would throw the system.

The body has a limit to its defense, and that, as i said before, depends on the individual.. it's easy to say.. "if you're healthy everything will be fine", because sadly not everyone is born with a tip-top working order body...
                            Hi old school d12world!!

Comment

Originally posted by S-DOT
                              really? i didnt know that. I thought old people and little kids had the worst chance of surviving it. Either way im still not worried at all.
                              Yea I think that the greatest fatality rate or deaths or some statistic was within the age range of 21-31 for the 1918 epidemic.... and the avian flu keeps getting compared to that
                              E A G L E S

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by granitemale, Today, 07:02 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post granitemale  
                              Started by granitemale, Today, 07:01 AM