Fathers Getting A Bad Wrap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers Getting A Bad Wrap.

I respect mothers and everything they do...Giving birth is a pain no man will ever know of nor could probably handle...much respect to mothers for their labor pains...

but...

in my experience, a lot of mothers bash their child's father endlessly...yes, there are many deadbeat dads; yes, there are many dads that abuse their wives and/or cheat on them...however, what about the good fathers? the ones who bust their ass everyday, who care for their families, who don't fuck around, who have to be the cohesive force in the family if the mother isn't? do these women think that it's helpful telling their children, "your dad doesn't do anything?" "all men are dogs?" As if, mothers themselves can't be dirtbags, as if they can't cheat themselves (as the saying goes, "only a mother really knows that the child is hers")...

Blatant, consistent disrespect from a father should never be tolerated, but that also works the other way around...this thread isn't about dirtbag fathers, but about the ones who get the job done and still have to deal with a bunch bullshit...

I guess my father is neither..he gets the job done but has no bullshit to deal with, unless it's from me I guess.
    Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

I agree, from my experience mothers are much worse than fathers as parents. But that's just from what I've seen, and that can't speak for everyone.

But I do agree that fathers are stereotyped as the lazy parent.
      Originally posted by The Un-American
      Rap music is way more fake than wrestling ever has been.

Comment

Thankfully, my dad is what I'd consider to be pretty much close to a perfect dad. But I have to agree that the stereotypes on fathers are ridiculous; even when people don't mean to say things (like why didn't you ask your mom to pick you up or something like that).
        E A G L E S

Comment

You dont know the pain untill you have a child like i have. When you decide to go against the mother they hold that against you. In order to be a man, I respect the mother of my child, hired a lawyer, and am fighting back. Fathers will always come through if they really want it. I was right there when my daughter was born. I cut the cord, i held her and fed her before anyone else did. Women just turn straight nuts after awhile so i did what i did and i left, i lived with my ex for two years and my daughter is going to be two on fathers day this year. Im after whats mine and we go to court on may 2nd. I will get my half that i deserve and i will not quit till i get it

Comment

its gettin so bad that these days mothers kidnap their children, take them to another country, and dont allow the father to see them.

then while the kids are growing up, they make up a bunch of crap to them about their father and brainwash the shit out of them, and the kids grow up hating their father.

i know a specific family im talkin about here.

not to turn this into a male vs. female thread, but this disgusting phenomenon is exclusive to women.
            Last edited by ll renegade ll; 04-23-2006, 09:02 PM.
            Originally posted by Made N Hell
            you cant be born with a disease idiot
            - LMAO wtf? how do people like this even find their way to this message board? 2;-{}2

Comment

I'd consider my pops to be on the negative side of the spectrum... alcoholism and negative talk just didn't cut it when I was raised... he was just one of those people that would make you want to feel fucked up, in order to feel better about himself even if you were a little kid... and I always used to fight with him over it as I got older but lately I guess I matured in a way and came to a realization over that he's behaving in a fear-based manner because he probably hates himself. So instead of talking shit back like I used to when I was growing up, I just feel bad for the guy...

Comment

Originally posted by JayDilla
                I agree, from my experience mothers are much worse than fathers as parents. But that's just from what I've seen, and that can't speak for everyone.
                But I do agree that fathers are stereotyped as the lazy parent.
                Oh please...get the fuck out of here. Fathers are WAY less likely to give a shit about their kids. My father never wanted a damn thing to do with me unless it gave him a chance to look better to the world and thought that paying child support (only because it was court ordered) made him father of the year. As fucked up as my mom was with alcoholism she never abandoned me and made sure I had everything I needed and put her kids needs first before her own. I sure can't say that for my dad. Men are generally worse at raising kids than women. Are all men irresponsible parents? No. Theres a lot of good fathers out there that take care of business and I have a lot of respect for that but it's definitely a worse problem with men than it is with women.

Comment

Did I nut in you? oops, my bad
                  Don't get mad 'cause we just some dead beat dads
                  Starring at the world through my rearview

Comment

Originally posted by JayDilla
                    I do agree that fathers are stereotyped as the lazy parent.
                    The south ain't lyrical? Naw it aint that,
                    sumtimez you just don't understand wtf we sayin

Comment

Originally posted by ll renegade ll
                      its gettin so bad that these days mothers kidnap their children, take them to another country, and dont allow the father to see them.

then while the kids are growing up, they make up a bunch of crap to them about their father and brainwash the shit out of them, and the kids grow up hating their father.

i know a specific family im talkin about here.

not to turn this into a male vs. female thread, but this disgusting phenomenon is exclusive to women.
                      Are you kidding me? There are so many dads that kidnap their kids, its a really big problem, because they take them to countries where women basicly have no right at all to their children and so mothers cant even fight it in court or do anything.

Unfortunatly I guess there are more dads that abandon or dont do anything for their kids than mothers. Although sure there are moms like that too. I agree moms shouldnt bash their father infront of their kids though and especially shouldnt teach them that all men suck. But Im sure dads also can feed their kids with bullshit about moms, especially after divorce these things can get ugly.

I have a great dad and my parents are happily married so thank god I never had to live any of this.
                      AIM: watch dees81

http://www.myspace.com/famousandflame

Comment

Yeah I am like watch dees. My parents have been married for almost 35 years and I have always considered myself blessed to have parents that are still married. Almost 35 years and they are still IN love with each other. I have always had so much compassion for children of divorced parents. But I do not agree that parents should talk shit about each other in front of their children. That is not heathly for kids to hear when they are already in a situation that is hard enough on them. I also think that fathers usually come out on the short end of things and a lot of the times do get bad wraps. But it is up to the father to do the right things by their kids and gain the respect of their children. Their are a lot of great fathers out there and mothers too. In a perfect world there would be no broken homes. I am sure that it is hard on children from broken homes.

It is wrong for mothers to talk shit to their kids about their fathers. They should never involve the kids in their personal fueds with kids father. Same goes for the fathers. It happens way too much and is very sad for the children. Sad that both mothers and fathers resort to shit talking about each other in front of their children. Regardless that is the kids parents and nothing good comes out of it.

Comment

my dad might not be the best father in the whole world. but he tries.. hes there when i need him or when i need to talk.. but he also has his bad side.. he gets mad a lot and drinks a lot.. but he'd never hurt me.. but I dont think all fathers get a bad wrap.. there are some out there that are fantastic parents and would do anything for their children! I guess it all depends on the situation!

Comment

All I'm going to say is to the fathers that are actually providing, loving their wives and kids, much respect to them. Unfortunately, in my case, my father isn't one of those fathers that deserve good credit. He's done just about all the bad things on the list that a dead beat dad can do: not be there for his kids (me and my sister, and half brother from another previous relationship), getting arrested for hitting a woman, beating my mother, cheating on my mother. You name it.

So whenever i see a guy that has a kids and I see that he spends time with his children, and busts his ass at his job to provide for them. I truly admire that. Whenever I see that, I always think, "Now THAT is a man right there."

Comment

a father is just as important as the mother!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 04-07-2021, 12:32 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Morris12  
                              Started by Fanter, 10-25-2021, 03:55 AM
                              1 response