Religion & Spirituality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion & Spirituality

I don't understand these preachers and religious followers that tell you they know more about God then you. My thing is that YOU are God also.. and you know, tell that to a Christian and "OHHHH BLASPHEMY YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" You know what... hell is on Earth if you choose that. There's like no worse than Earth level... lol. Pain, disease, poverty, suffering....that's hell. These priests that walk around and wear dresses and tell everyone that they know everything about the invisible man in the sky are probably the ones that cry themselves to sleep at night because they know that they don't know.

I don't mean to offend anyones belief systems but I feel that organized religion is a root of many of the world's problems. I'm looking at it from a spiritual paradigm as opposed to the religious (good vs. evil) and it's a very fear-based way of living for the indoctrinated followers... you look at everything through a net of judgements. Well, I guess social conditioning is involved too... but you can't be truly free of negative emotions and hardships as long as you live grounded by fear and guilt. You can only be truly 'free' and 'enlightened' when you know in your heart that there is no such thing as good or evil. Only then can you be free of judgement and be able to peacefully "let the world do what the world does." All pain is simply the ego's refusal to accept what is happening. Pain is a resistance to reality.

I believe it all comes down to the power within. We've been conditioned to seek 'out there' when the true power lies within you. The world 'out there' is merely a mirror of the world 'in here.' There was a lot of references pertaining to this in the Bible and Eastern philosiphies:

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. And with our thoughts, we make our world." -Buddha

"Look what I can do. And know that these things, and more, shall you also do. For have I not said, ye are Gods?" -Jesus

"Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." -Jesus

"Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ya recieve them, and ye shall have them." -Jesus

I'm not saying this is the way or anything... it's just food for thought. I think that the best we can do is take each piece of information and see how it resonates with us individually, if it does then that's cool... we have to learn to trust our intuition.

You'd make a good Humanist.
    These are the days of anyone being blonde, the days of mind convincing, a time of gold and uncertainty, noise and expensive genetic victory.
    The information age and all its molecular pimping.

Comment

Most probably... but there is still an asshole in me which I'm trying to get rid of.

Comment

Most Humanists are assholes, it's a religion afterall.
        These are the days of anyone being blonde, the days of mind convincing, a time of gold and uncertainty, noise and expensive genetic victory.
        The information age and all its molecular pimping.

Comment

Word man. I fucking totally agree, 100%.

I still get the crazy look when I tell people I truly, honestly believe God is us, we are Gods.

Mind over matter folks, that's all it is.

But honestly Cas, I don't care anymore about certain shit like how other percieve me, or whether they chose to at least let me explain myself or not. People just need to do their own thing spirtually, do their own searching and see what they come with.

Jesus, man. Jesus was a dope dude if he was for real, and I believe Jesus simply reached the pinnacle of perfection every human being can reach and he merely wanted to show others the way. I do find there are small truths in every religion, but overall organized religion is a curse on mankind and people who follow them are cursed.

Now I'll respect you still if you respect my opinion, and that's my opinion.

People are hoping for a saviour, every religion talks about a man who'll save the world when in actuallity, the longer we've waited for our Messiahs to come we've made the world shittier thinking oh, one day suddenly everything will just be good cause our saviour is coming. This mentality is one of the most horrible mindsets I've seen, because no one is coming to help us and if they are they'll expect something in return-of course. The more and more people who believe the end of times is now though, that the second coming is happening- well I do believe then it will happen as part of the way we percieve the world, if enough people feel one way things can go that way.

Most agree we have a soul, most people believe it's eternal. What I don't get is if you tell someone through ones soul they can achieve many things in the physical world for self and an overall betterment of humanity they think it's stupid, very hypocritcal. you believe you've got an infinite soul inside of you but you think it's powerless, give me a fuckin break.

Fo real man, I'm just wondering when humanity is gonna wake up and snap out of this bullshit. It's held us back for so long, we've outgrown religion. We should have anyways, something or someone has held us back from achieving our true power.

It's like this one DZK track, we're smart enough to build a space station in orbit around our planet but we still believe in fairytales.(I'm paraphrasing so I may be a lil off)

Until human beings can begin to let go of their fucking complacency, of their fucking god damn dependancy on some fucking saviour who'll come back and make things better, until human beings as a whole stop being such fucking infantile whining morons and take responsibility for not only our dispicable past, our fucking incredibley deplorable present then we cannot possibly hope for a bright future.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but really. That's how I see it.

Comment

i do agree differences between religions cause a lot of problems, but thats not with just religion but differences amongst people in general.

i am christian, but that doesnt mean i believe in every single thing taught to us. I dont believe anything about the pope being a high power, or not eating meat on fridays, and i am open minded to other peoples beliefs. i think there is a god and a devil, in the physical sense too.
            Last edited by Leatha Face; 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM.
            I think it should be done to you
            Kill furriers, rip off their heads
            Grate their skin, eat their flesh
            Break into a scientists lab
            Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

Comment

Hey good post... you brought up a lot of good points which I wanted to address. It's true that religious people dwell on a savior of some kind... which makes them feel powerless. Now I know there is a lot of warm spirited Christians but on a global scale... religion injects the people with heavy doses of guilt (I'm going to hell) and other fear-based emotions which spiritually drain them. But you can't worry about other people... you're burning energy by doing that which you can use for beneficial purposes like going about your goals. You can only change others by changing yourself. Not the other way around. Same with the world... you can only change the world by changing yourself. Society is engineered like a fucking matrix to keep the people frustrated and on the tab to BUY happiness! Fuck that.... happiness comes from within.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptic
                I don't understand these preachers and religious followers that tell you they know more about God then you. My thing is that YOU are God also.. and you know, tell that to a Christian and "OHHHH BLASPHEMY YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" You know what... hell is on Earth if you choose that. There's like no worse than Earth level... lol. Pain, disease, poverty, suffering....that's hell. These priests that walk around and wear dresses and tell everyone that they know everything about the invisible man in the sky are probably the ones that cry themselves to sleep at night because they know that they don't know.
                I don't mean to offend anyones belief systems but I feel that organized religion is a root of many of the world's problems. I'm looking at it from a spiritual paradigm as opposed to the religious (good vs. evil) and it's a very fear-based way of living for the indoctrinated followers... you look at everything through a net of judgements. Well, I guess social conditioning is involved too... but you can't be truly free of negative emotions and hardships as long as you live grounded by fear and guilt. You can only be truly 'free' and 'enlightened' when you know in your heart that there is no such thing as good or evil. Only then can you be free of judgement and be able to peacefully "let the world do what the world does." All pain is simply the ego's refusal to accept what is happening. Pain is a resistance to reality.
                I believe it all comes down to the power within. We've been conditioned to seek 'out there' when the true power lies within you. The world 'out there' is merely a mirror of the world 'in here.' There was a lot of references pertaining to this in the Bible and Eastern philosiphies:
                "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. And with our thoughts, we make our world." -Buddha
                "Look what I can do. And know that these things, and more, shall you also do. For have I not said, ye are Gods?" -Jesus
                "Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." -Jesus
                "Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ya recieve them, and ye shall have them." -Jesus
                I'm not saying this is the way or anything... it's just food for thought. I think that the best we can do is take each piece of information and see how it resonates with us individually, if it does then that's cool... we have to learn to trust our intuition.

Well, I've been studying Sanatana Dharma for a good year now, I'd call myself a hindu. But I really know nothing yet, I haven't read nearly as much as I should, and many times I don't do my best to abide by the moral rules of religious doctrine.

But I see many of your points, Cryptic, you've actually described two basic Hindu principles in your post...

First, you said that we are all a part of god, and that is also what I believe, I believe god is omni-present in all beings, and we are all part of god. God is a collective being that transcends anything within the confines of human understanding. He is part of us, and we are part of him, as is everything in our universe.

The main principle in Hinduism is Ahimsa, which means non-violence. Fore you see, hurting other humans and beings will only hurt ourselves in the long run, through the principle of Karma and also through the principle of an all encompassing, communal higher being. We are only hurting a piece of god...

Your second point was that hell can be right here on earth, which I also believe, because I possess a basic acceptance of the concept of reincarnation, wherein socio-economic status, physical appearance, family, and place of birth are all pre-determined by your actions in a past life. I do not fully grasp the concept yet, but reincarnation makes sense in a way...

We live in a universe that was perfectly designed as a prison to house souls within the hellish and brutal world that life has built here. All living beings are doomed to a cruel and sad earthly experience. Animals with inferior intelligence are held back by their instincts because they do not know better... Humans are held back by the nature of human kind, violence, hatred, ignorance, and a survivalist mentality... The only way to leave this prison is to advance spiritually.
                Last edited by role model; 04-26-2006, 10:59 PM.

Comment

That's cool. You know if I had to choose between mainstream religions I'd probably be a hindu. I like hindu's not just because they share some of my ideas but also because they have many Gods to choose from. They have like a supermarket of Gods. And I know that people who are worshipping Zeus are not out killing people who are worshipping Shiva. It seems that there's something built in to many western cultures: if you disagree with us, we'll have to fucking kill you!

Comment

Well, I believe in Christianity and I agree with most of the shit you said. I believe some people may read the bible a LOT more than I've ever touched it and I respect that. But I quote from "Dogma":

"When are you people going to learn? It's not about who's right or wrong. No denomination's nailed it yet, and they never will because they're all too self-righteous to realize that it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains need to wake up."
                    I'm pre-disastrous, I fuck shit up before it happens
                    Like blown engines of Airplanes with snorin' captains

Comment

The smallest that we have found like electrons ,photons etc. are strange in the way that if they act both a particle and a wave depending on whether a human observes them or does a certain experiment with them or not. If they're being observed they act like a particle, if not they act like a wave. Keep in mind that these are the building blocks of our whole universe and WE HUMANS have the means to make them switch their nature.
                      If that's not Godlike, I don't know what is.

Here's some shit from wikipedia.

In some respects a photon acts as a particle, for instance when registered by the light sensitive device in a camera. In other respects, a photon acts like a wave, as when passing through the optics in a camera. According to the so-called wave-particle duality in quantum physics, it is natural for the photon to display either aspect of its nature, according to the circumstances. Normally, light is formed from a large number of photons, with the intensity related to the number of them. At low intensity, it requires very sensitive instruments, used in astronomy or spectroscopy, for instance, to detect the individual photons.

In many cases, people may say a photon "sometimes acts like a wave, and sometimes acts like a particle". This is slightly misleading, because a photon always acts like both. For example, when shooting single photons through a slit, a detector can detect each photon when it hits - but over time, the detector will detect the same diffraction pattern as it would if the photons were given off all in one burst. This is because any given trajectory the photon could take has a certain probability that is dictated by the properties of an electromagnetic wave.

Comment

payne, you's a gay motha fucka.

Comment

us human beings aint nothin but cheap ass organisms of the universe
                          FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

Originally posted by TheRapGame
                            Thanks for the insightful contribution to the thread... now go on and resume your AIM cyber session with your butt buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRapGame
                              ''truest shit you ever wrote''
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                              I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Zavylon, Today, 04:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Zavylon
                              by Zavylon

Started by Deborahlanker, 03-28-2021, 10:50 AM