I'm sick of all these antiwar people questioning our intelligence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of all these antiwar people questioning our intelligence

You notice how these anti-war people always try to sound more intelligent than those they disagree with? They love to dismiss anyone who's not an ultra-liberal globalist as "ignorant." They like to accuse people like me of not knowing about the issues or being illiterate. If I donít read, then how do you think I came up with all this Maltese cross shit? I read the newspaper, and a lot of important nonfiction and history, so you can go read your little Michael Moore books and think youíre smarter than everyone else. Sorry Iím not as enlightened as you are because Iím not a pacifist pussy.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

You know, it is interesting that you say this because I am not pro-war per se but I also don't entirely disagree with some of the reasoning of my more conservative friends. I think alot of people don't like to look at more than one side of an issue and just choose to decide that they are either Pro or Con instead of thinking about the ramifications of making a judgement call. I get really aggravated with all of the extremely liberal people that I know and their virulent anti-war diatribes...but then I see vivisected little kids on the news and get sick. So, how exactly does one determine a grey area and choose their own perspective without adhering to someone else's rhetoric?
    Reloading Random Thoughts. One post at a time.

Comment

I feel you there. I'm not a mindless Bush groupie like those talking heads on the Fox News Channel, but I have reasons for my views on this war based on reading history and evaluating the circumstances.
      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

unfortunately, we aren't really going to know what the reasons are behind this war for another 10 years.

Comment

I don't think that those that are protesting this war think anyone is less intelligent than them or even less able to read, but maybe they question the information they have been getting. I think what the message is they are trying to get across is that the government party line which is being spoonfed to America may not be the whole story or even the reality and they are simply urging people to seek alternative sources of information than the mainstream media. There also is a sense of urgency as they see their fellow Americans being murdered and held prisoner when they feel they shouldn't be there in the first place. Maybe these people just care about not seeing lives being sacrificed in the name of lies and misdirection. This shouldn't turn into anti-war and pro-war fighting each other, but Americans demanding to know the real reasons why their brothers and sisters are at risk. No one wants to see Americans die, but if they are going to fight the reasons should be clear-cut. We aren't even officially at war, but rather deploying military force to enforce a UN security measure that even the UN never got a chance to vote on. Also I think a lot of these protesters are aware of the diversionary tactics being used to steer the media and America away from delving deeper into many of the measures this Homeland Security is trying to enact which in effect are stripping away our rights and stepping all over the constitution. We should fear the enemy at home before we attack the enemy overseas. Bush's government is using fear and the most basic emotional propaganda to gain support for an illegal and unjust war. Oops, there I go again, it just makes me angry.

T
          "I will go down with this ship
          And I won't put my hands up and surrender
          There will be no white flag above my door
          I'm in love and always will be "

Dragonweed T"aka Miss Buttersuckel,the sexiest woman north of the Tennessee River

Comment

Well spoken and I think that you have a right to be angry. Bush's legitimacy as a President is more than dubious. And we are uninformed. Fortunately we have internet access. However, my frustration with much of the anti-war protest has more to do with feeling like I am informed and am capable of finding alternate media sources and the individuals in the protest movement that I speak with talk at me like I am intellectually incompetent because no one else is listening to them but their own chorus. After a while that sort of political dogma turns into white noise and listeners dissipate. Further, the media does an incredible job of finding the stupidest and most insane people out there protesting and then interviews them. Which denegrates the people who are capable of standing up for their opinions.

A good friend of mine recently said to me..."The political right in this country holds their crazies close, while the left splinters off into groups and becomes marginalized."

I think that the evidence of this is running the U.S.

Comment

Kill the Hippies!!!!!!

Everyones got the right to protest a war but its easy to do when your not the one fighting it.

Comment

I agree with you especially about the media always finding the dumbest person to interview-lol. But anytime you have any group that refuses to acknowledge diverging opinions and a willingness to look at all the information it is simply propaganda. That is why I try to stay open-minded and have a willingness to at least listen to all sides.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is war is going to solve anything. That is my biggest problem with it. I don't think getting rid of Hussein is going to settle any of the mideast problems, which have been going on for centuries, or is it going to end terrorism. I am afraid that all it will really do is inflame anti-US feelings in the Islamic community and other countries around the world. If I believed that getting rid of Saddam would solve anything then I could get behind it. As far as freeing the country, their are plenty of dictatorships out there and people being treated inhumanely. Are we really prepared to start going around everywhere freeing people, at what cost, in both human lives and financially. Also what right do we really have to tell other countries what their government should be? That is so anti-American. Oops, there I go again.

T
                "I will go down with this ship
                And I won't put my hands up and surrender
                There will be no white flag above my door
                I'm in love and always will be "

Dragonweed T"aka Miss Buttersuckel,the sexiest woman north of the Tennessee River

Comment

I'm sick of all these pro war/anti war/ war threads in general. Lets try not to dwell on it...its practically a war forum instead of a d12 forum anymore.
                  Be more concerned with your character than your reputation... Your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by wildflowerT
                    I agree with you especially about the media always finding the dumbest person to interview-lol. But anytime you have any group that refuses to acknowledge diverging opinions and a willingness to look at all the information it is simply propaganda. That is why I try to stay open-minded and have a willingness to at least listen to all sides.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is war is going to solve anything. That is my biggest problem with it. I don't think getting rid of Hussein is going to settle any of the mideast problems, which have been going on for centuries, or is it going to end terrorism. I am afraid that all it will really do is inflame anti-US feelings in the Islamic community and other countries around the world. If I believed that getting rid of Saddam would solve anything then I could get behind it. As far as freeing the country, their are plenty of dictatorships out there and people being treated inhumanely. Are we really prepared to start going around everywhere freeing people, at what cost, in both human lives and financially. Also what right do we really have to tell other countries what their government should be? That is so anti-American. Oops, there I go again.

T
                    I don't think the U.S. actually cares about gettting rid of Hussein. I think that the purpose of this is to make a point about military might to the region and to reconstruct the country using U.S. funds in order to generate new money for the economy. Their is too much going on that we don't hear about. And Genesis, sorry that I am keeping this thread alive. I know you are sick of war threads. I am too. But people keep saying compelling stuff and I can't help but post.

Comment

i agree with pretty much everything wildflowerT has said in this thread, and to Lucky Luciano u sayin that ur sick of anti war ppl questioning ur intelligence is like me sayin i'm sick of all the pro-war ppl calling me a liberal, ur generalising not every anti war protester said ur illiterate and not every anti war protester is a liberal

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Heridan, Today, 07:20 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Heridan
                      by Heridan