This scares me Beyond belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This scares me Beyond belief

I know people who knew this girl. She was so young. I don't personally know her, but it makes me so sad thinking about a 16 year old girl dying in a car crash on her way home from a party that so many people that I know cared about.Something else about it that bugged me was I found out her father found out shortly after the accident that she died and he wouldnt even tell the girl's mother himself because he couldnt stand her. So the mom had to find out at 3am by a bunch of cops.

Wrong-way drive on Interstate still a mystery

Last update: 29 April 2003

DAYTONA BEACH -- The Florida Highway Patrol was still working Monday to determine what caused a 16-year-old Ormond Beach girl to drive the wrong way on Interstate 95 , leading to a series of crashes that killed her and injured several others.

It will probably be days, perhaps weeks, before investigators can determine what contributed to Saturday's accident that claimed the life of Melodie Lynn Dehaven, said FHP spokeswoman Kim Miller.

Results from toxicology tests will determine whether alcohol was a factor, Miller said. Investigators will also examine whether construction in the area or sleep deprivation contributed, she said.

Witnesses said they saw Dehaven's car veer into the median several times before the crash.

Dr. Joe Estwanik, an orthopedic surgeon from Charlotte, N.C., was headed north on I-95 from Miami when he saw the car driven by Dehaven "weave multiple times."

"It slowed down to 25 and then sped up," said Estwanik, who called 911 to report what he believed to be a drunken driver. "It was weaving so much, cars in all lanes were slowing down." Just before the crash, he said the car weaved onto the median and appeared to get stuck in the grass, coming to a stop. "I was hoping sombody was coming to their senses," he said. Then, the car sped up and crossed into the oncoming lanes, striking two cars.

Dehaven was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 11 p.m. near the Interstate 4 overpass, troopers said. She was not wearing a seatbelt.

Dehaven was driving alone north on the interstate when she crossed the median and continued north in the southbound lanes, troopers said. Dehaven's car sideswiped a car with three people, who all suffered minor injuries. Dehaven then collided head-on with a car driven by Robert Jenkins, 20, of Hobe Sound, troopers said.

Jenkins was listed in serious condition Monday in the surgical intensive care unit of Halifax Medical Center. His passengers, 20-year-old Adam Wolf of Port Orange and 19-year-old Shannon Phillips of Ormond Beach, were listed in satisfactory condition Monday night.

-- Eileen Zaffiro and Jay Stapleton

Rest in peace.
    Its ashame that she died that young.

Re: This scares me Beyond belief

Originally posted by DaytonaSky
    Its ashame that she died that young.

so true, too many peepz be dyin young thez dayz, itz fuckd up.
    ... it's no surprise, that I got lost in your brown eyes ...

Comment

Rest in peace, and it's sad she died, but that's life... you can't drink and drive and think you're going to get away with it without some sore of repercussion... and sadly in this case, it was death... :-\
      This board deserves a better class of poster...

Comment

Thats true.
        Also recently someone I knew was drinking and driving and Killed a 64 year old lady.

Comment

Drinking and driving is one of the stupidest things you could EVER do...

Drinking period is idiotic, but when you get behind the wheel, do you even realize how many innocent peoples' lives are at stake? Shit is so rediculous... I almost wish all of these people DO get hurt just to let them know exactly how serious it is... I do know that if I was in charge, penalties for offenders would be about as tough as they come... there is NO excuse for that shit.
          This board deserves a better class of poster...

Comment

Oh wow, Thats sad. So young.. Shitty. Rest in peace-
            I think I got a generation brainwashed
            to pop pills and smoke pot til they brains rot
            Stop they blood flow until they veins clot
            I need a pain shot, and a shot of plain scotch
            Purple haze and acid raindrops
            Spike the punch at the party and drink pop
            Shaved my armpits and wore a tank top
            Bad Boy, I told you that I can't stop
            You gotta make em fear you 'fore you make em feel you
            So everybody buy my shit or I'ma come and kill you
            -Eminem

------------------------------------------------------
            Toppdoggkyles #1 Fan
            ----------------------------------------------------
            Yes, I am a female

Comment

I agree with you completely Kory.

Comment

aww thats sad
                AIM: watch dees81

http://www.myspace.com/famousandflame

Comment

damn, whoever she is, may she rest in peace...

Comment

I've been drunk enough to talk the dumbest shit, drunk to where I coudn't defend myself (which is why I don't drink that much anymore), but I can't imagine being faded enough to think it's a good idea to get behind the wheel.
                    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

R.l.P

Comment

too bad...

but she drank and drove... how sad can we be?
                        fun facts about canada from real experts!

Originally posted by TheRealAshland
                        if you didnt know canada has laws against cursing i do belive
                        Originally posted by PlasticSturgeon
                        gotta love the 80% of each dollar being taken from you and not being able to own gun's.

Comment

Originally posted by Y-Rok FFolohCiN

Drinking period is idiotic, but when you get behind the wheel, do you even realize how many innocent peoples' lives are at stake? Shit is so rediculous... I almost wish all of these people DO get hurt just to let them know exactly how serious it is... I do know that if I was in charge, penalties for offenders would be about as tough as they come... there is NO excuse for that shit.
                          it's sad but a lot of people that drink and drive end up injuring/killing other people than themselves. i have known so many people in my community, even back in college that have been injured or lost their lives to drunk drivers. there's no excuse for it, none at all. people think they can handle driving drunk, and some may even be able to, but i think it's stupid.

sorry about your friend Crystal hopefully she'll R.I.P
                          If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions

Comment

Wow, thats really sad. R.I.P.

Drinking and driving is not cool... drinking is not even cool.. grr. A while back.. like last fall or something, some girls at my school were coming back from a party. I'm not real sure what happened, I think that some of them had been drinking, but I'm not sure if the one driving was or not. Anyways, I've heard that they hit a deer, dunno if that's true or not, but there were 5 girls in the car, and two died, one was seriously injured, and two were fine. The one that was driving... was perfectly fine. Its so sad...
                            Be more concerned with your character than your reputation... Your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Y-Rok FFolohCiN

so true i lost my dad to a drunk driver.....RIP....
                              Trust me nobody is touching me..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Bookman, Today, 09:23 AM