Anyone every think of buying a gun?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone every think of buying a gun?

I got a knife, but I never thought of buying a gun to protect myself.

Went up to NorCal this weekend, long story short some asshole snatched my mom's purse after dinner right before she got into the car. Almost caught him, but didn't. I had my butterfly on me and I wanted to open and throw it at the dude since I was within arms distance of him, but using it is a felony so I didn't.

Basically, I thought about buying a gun not to protect myself, but those I love after this incident happened. Any arguments against that? Does anyone here own one?

Aren't you supposed to know karate

you have disgraced your famiry
    I'm pre-disastrous, I fuck shit up before it happens
    Like blown engines of Airplanes with snorin' captains

Comment

I wouldn't buy a gun so you can chase down petty thiefs and shoot them. That'll get you life.

But if you want a gun for home defense you can't go wrong with a shotgun. In fact for home defense I would ONLY recommend a shotgun. They are pretty cheap too.
      I'm known to have a hottie open, I keep the shottie smokin
      Front and get half the bones in your body broken

Comment

It's like you could have shot him, he wasn't threatening you.

I've thought about getting a gun, but because I wanted to be as hard as 50 Cent.
        ..Watch The Throne

Comment

I had a gun before...Key word, had..

Long story short, cops eventually took it from me (even though it was legally mine) and said I could get it back later..I tried a few times to get it back later but they were pulling some bullshit and I could tell it was gonna be a long complicated process, so i said fuck it..I just wanted it back so I could sell it anyways, cuz it costs me $383...Plus I was in some legal trouble at the time, so yea, I knew they weren't gonna give it back to me at the time...Damn I hate the whole legal process so much..

Comment

They're illegal here.

Comment

^^Really Squidge?? I didn't know that about "the down under." That's awesome. I really see NO reason why they should be legal here. So some dudes can dress up and shoot some birds?
              Phillies.....Greatest rotation in history

1-0

Comment

I agree. They definitley shouldn't be legal.

Wayyy too easy to get..I literally went to the county offices, filled out a little form, got a card in the mail a week later, and then was able to purchase a gun anytime for the next year..(I think there was some kinda limit, but I dunno..only bought one.)

and even after the year is over, you can just get it renewed..

also I was pretty surprised that there was no fee to get this permit..Thought there woulda been something. It was free.

Comment

It's not hard to get illegal guns, which is what I'd do if they were illegalized.

Comment

Edit: To Kon

^^ Agreed ... it's such an outdated Amendment right here in the US that all these NRA fucks and rednecks go screaming "It's our right to bear arms!"

Yeah, jackasses... in 1776 when you didn't know if some Native Americans or the guy down the street was going to come into your house in the middle of the night and rape your wife.... THEN it made sense. Now....not so much. The result? A bunch of illegal guns and wannabe gangstas running around.
                    Phillies.....Greatest rotation in history

1-0

Comment

Im absolutly going to get a gun, or 2 actually.. Not for protection or anything, but just to have and shoot. I got a couple pellet guns, and I have fired over 5,000 rounds in the last few months, its fun as hell but I think im good enough to step up to a real fucking gun now.. I wanna get a rifle of some sort, like for some serious fucking distance shooting, and a pistol.

Comment

Try out a gun that fires '30 ought 6 rounds'. It's badass shooting shit with them because they're so powerful. The rounds can be costly though, but if you've got some spare money it's great.

AR-15s are dope as hell too, they're cheaper rounds and still pack one hell of a punch. Or you could go cheap as fuck with a 22 rifle lol.
                        Last edited by Baydestrian; 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

lets be honest, ur not gonna do shit even with ur gun..............
                          Originally posted by McWannaBe
                          Yesterday, me and my girl were making out and shit like that. When
                          I sucked on one of her boobs, fucking MILK CAME OUT!!

Project certifiedô

Comment

Originally posted by Baydestrian View Post
                            Try out a gun that fires '30 ought 6 rounds'. It's badass shooting shit with them because they're so powerful. The rounds can be costly though, but if you've got some spare money it's great.
                            AR-15s are dope as hell too, they're cheaper rounds and still pack one hell of a punch. Or you could go cheap as fuck with a 22 rifle lol.
                            Yee, I actually fired some HIGH powered rifles at my uncles farm before (a shotgun too) Fucking badass.

Comment

Guns aren't illegal in australia, but handguns are. To own a firearm you have to go through a lot of effort to become licensed and i dunno what else. There's a holding period of like 6 weeks on all gun purchases too. All guns have to be kept in a safe as well. They would be useless if you needed one for self defense as you'd never get a chance to grab it.
                              It is a very well known fact that people are more likely to be harmed with their own gun than harm someone else. Guns will never keep you safe, but if you really want one, go ahead. I can see them justified for hunting etc, but the self defense argument is generally stupid. The amount of children out there hurt by guns in the house is very alarming.
                              If you had one would you use it? could you live with yourself for killing someone over a handbag? Fuck, I don't condone stealing but given the extreme poverty in america which the government and citizenry do nothing to stop, he was probably justified.
                              You have to think about all aspects before jumping to the conclusion you need a gun.
                              "I just dance the way I feel"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X