think about this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think about this

ok i was thinkin about this, if you believe in destiny or fate, how can you believe in free will? think about it, if ur destined to do somethin, then how can you freely choose to live? your choices are already made. and with free will you can be whatever you want, and you can get it by any means. so all i want is what you guys think about this, im not gettin religious with this, i just want ur poinions
    i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

I don't believe in fate or destiny..But I think the people that do understand that they can make their own choices, most little decisions will not affect your end all destiny. That said, you can have a free will, and your destiny that has already been chosen will remain on track.

I'm a swordsman, the apocalypse horseman
    What makes me smile is another's misfortune.

Comment

http://karma.astrology.com/ <-- Here they talk about free will destiny and fate. I don't know if it will help explain it for you but it's just something I found.

Here's something else I found.

FATE AND DESTINY

Your own fate may be said to be determined by the time, date and place of your birth. We may say that in some ways it outlines the things to come.
      When you were born into this incarnation you were given certain traits and it is up to you to decide what to do with these traits. It is believed you can change the outcome of your fate. But remember this will be done within the context of what you were born with.

Remember you have free choice and you should never allow fate to control your life if it makes you feel unhappy. In the end the final choice is yours.

Destiny is in many ways the final calling to resolve past life issues and put these matters to rest. Destiny is about the future.

Your destiny is affected by the time, place and date of birth but you still have free will. Destiny and fate may not always be so easy to explain or understand. The outcome and difference between your destiny and fate will be determined by you and only you.
      Last edited by #1GROUPIEBITCH!; 02-22-2004, 08:53 PM.

Comment

i kind of believe in fate and destiny...mostly because every second spent is just another inch closer to your doom...you could be typing right now, go to sleep in an hour, wake up, go outside, walk past a house, and a falling brick bashes your face in...had you overslept or stopped to tie your shoe outside, maybe this could've been avoided; but you didn't...

i don't buy into free will...you really can't do whatever you want...if thats the case, why would "God" give free will along with guilt and morality?

Comment

^ But you would've still had the free will to over sleep or tie your shoe, know what I'm saying?

Comment

i believe in fate and destiny and free will all at once. all of that never really comes to mind, but if you think about it, free will can intertwine with fate and destiny. because if there is a fate and destiny, then you just think you are doing something upon your free will. i believe god chooses the day you die just like the day you are born and everything has a plan and everything happens for a reason.. hah, anyways, i like to believe that
            Bang-bang when i chitty-chitty

Comment

WOW! ( it'a all overwhelming )

Comment

Originally posted by #1GROUPIEBITCH!
                ^ But you would've still had the free will to over sleep or tie your shoe, know what I'm saying?

not unless, you believe in fate or destiny, in which every thing is pre determined, and free will doesn't exist...

Comment

see the thing that bothers me is we will never know the answer. but like tone riggz said, why would God give us free will if we have guilt and morality? to govern our freewill? if it really is a free will we should be able to do whatever we want with no consequences. i think we're just pawns, and we're just goin through the motions. like even small decisions have already been determined for us. like the old saying, when its your time to go, you go. it's all predetermined
                  i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

I don't really know. But I believe everything happens for a reason.
                    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation... Your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Comment

Some people have the will to choose their fate
                      "To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

yup! i like to believe everything happens for a reason
                        Bang-bang when i chitty-chitty

Comment

Originally posted by Mycall
                          Some people have the will to choose their fate
                          couldnt have said it better myself
                          http://myspace.com/coley1008

Comment

i believe that everyone is destine for good things.. yet they can end up with a seperate fate if they choose a wrong road to lead themselves down. but everyone has choices, they need to make the right ones to lead to these good things.

i just sounded like counselor. i apologize.
                            ------------------------------------
                            "He Who Makes a Beast Out of Himself, Gets Rid of the Pain of Being a Man."
                            ------------------------------------

Comment

^lol

i think the end result of our life accomplishments (ie: having children, building something memorable (maybe salvador dali was destined to construct great works of art), changing mankinds outlook on life and acceptance to impact the masses for generations to came {i DO believe that martin luther was destined to cure america of its social boundaries [he WAS a doctor, right?], as G-d sent moses to free the israelites, He also sent Martin Luthor to free the minds of the Americas!}, impacting anothers life in some profound but unnoticed way; if this other person was to lead a more noted "destiny" than the first.)

i think g-d knows what Hes doing when He creates each and every one of us; like we all have a set "map" of major events. but, the small things are up to us...

i dont feel "controlled".... do you?
                              please delete my old profile (this 1)now that i have found the pass which is spongebmorebob27 or sunshine one of the two thanks

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Smilert, 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by palogames, 04-12-2020, 10:54 PM
                              1 response