Cell Phone Twilight Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Twilight Zone

they're everywhere...if i'm in class, they go off...if i'm in a public bathroom taking a piss, i hear chingy ring tones nearby...if i'm in the bank, some one is talking loudly on one of them...if i'm on the street, some one next to me is talking on one, with disgusting breath to boot...if i'm riding on public transportation, numerous conversations about non sensical crap and failed social gatherings are saturating the air...when i die, people will be using them at my wake...

the worst part of all....

i have one...

they are excellent tools for emergency situations, but the truth of the matter is cell phones are used to run our lives...we use them to call people whether for business, chilling, appointments, etc...we use them to remember important dates...we give them theme songs (most of the time annoying ass pop tunes)...we clothe them in different styles (think about it)...they feed us music...they send emails...they take pictures of us...and it has gotten to the point where people go insane if they lose them (one recent story, was about a girl in nyc, who jumped on train tracks after her phone fell on the tracks...she never made it back on the platform)...

whats next? nuclear warfare on cell phone? cloning using cell phones?

those wonderful days when 5 people on the street had cell phones are long gone...now, only remains, the cell phone twilight zone...

i doubt anyone else feels the same...
    Attached Files

yep, sounds like cell-phonomiac disease (CPD)
    hehe you didnt lose your phone did you? :D
    Bang-bang when i chitty-chitty

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
      they're everywhere...if i'm in class, they go off...if i'm in a public bathroom taking a piss, i hear chingy ring tones nearby...if i'm in the bank, some one is talking loudly on one of them...if i'm on the street, some one next to me is talking on one, with disgusting breath to boot...if i'm riding on public transportation, numerous conversations about non sensical crap and failed social gatherings are saturating the air...when i die, people will be using them at my wake...

the worst part of all....

i have one...

they are excellent tools for emergency situations, but the truth of the matter is cell phones are used to run our lives...we use them to call people whether for business, chilling, appointments, etc...we use them to remember important dates...we give them theme songs (most of the time annoying ass pop tunes)...we clothe them in different styles (think about it)...they feed us music...they send emails...they take pictures of us...and it has gotten to the point where people go insane if they lose them (one recent story, was about a girl in nyc, who jumped on train tracks after her phone fell on the tracks...she never made it back on the platform)...

whats next? nuclear warfare on cell phone? cloning using cell phones?

those wonderful days when 5 people on the street had cell phones are long gone...now, only remains, the cell phone twilight zone...

i doubt anyone else feels the same...
      Naw Tone I agree..simply put we all depend on cell phones far too much. The majority of people sadly feel lost without them...
      My Eminem and D12 collection for sale

Comment

i didn't have a phone for about 6 months and it was fine in dandy

Comment

It's official... I am the only person living in America who does not own a cell phone. 20/20 did a piece on me.

Comment

cellphones rule
            people with ringtones suck tho
            putt that shit on vibrating

Comment

Although I've got a cell phone I don't use it. I only bought it because my brother got a new one so he sold it me for about 10% of the price he originally paid for it.

Comment

Word. These new phones are like damn spy cameras, or they're gigantically huge like and look like a fucking old school handheld sega.
                Attached Files

I'm a swordsman, the apocalypse horseman
                What makes me smile is another's misfortune.

Comment

word that crap sucks
                  all i care for in a cellphone
                  is to have a telephone book
                  speaker function
                  and conference call
                  wtfs up with those ringtones like you wanna dance to em
                  games
                  internet on a 1 inch screen, cameras and all of the other useless crap that comes with these new phones like those laserpointers

Comment

Although my phone has a color screen, that's about as hi-tech as it gets. I don't get the point of having IM or a camera or a crazy pad with a bunch of crap on it. I like a small, basic phone. I think ring tones are cool, but I laugh at stuff like that Cingular commercial when the dudes are walkin down the street actin all hard to that 50 ringtone, and when the guy is dancin to Dirt of Your Shoulder.
                    If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions

Comment

my phone is so low tech compared to most people. i just laugh at idiots who spend all their savings on a stupid phone with a camera, color screen, polyphonic ringtones and internet shit. all i say is as long as it works and calls and messages, im fine. my phone is worth shit but it works and that satisfies me enough

Comment

I WILL NEVER OWN A CELL PHONE...I feel every word your saying Tone Riggs...but i have a deeper hatred....i hate the way people act like they are big shit when they get a call around people(especially in college)or when they make a call at 7:30am!!!!!! Who you gotta call at 7:30am?????? But anyways, I always ask people, Why do you have a cell phone?? And they ALWAYS answer, "Incase of an emergency, like if my car broke down".....How many times does your car break down and you NEED a cellphone...plus if your getting attacked in a parking lot, I dont think you have time to dial 9-1-1 on your cell phone....I didn't know it was an EMERGENCY to use your cellphone at Blockbuster to call your loser ass boyfriend and read the movie titles for his lazy ass........I hate when people call me at home...shit i hate talking on the phone more than 5 minutes...I survived my 21 years with an answering machine and I think im doing pretty good.....And Tone, the ringing during classes happens EVERY class, fuckers just laugh..but i think it shows the ignorance in our society....I mean I cant even go to the movie without some dumbass 12 year old on a cellphone talking to his friend in the other theatre.....but oh well
                        Too much..I'm tired..In the company of...those that fear

Comment

gone are the days when zack morris was the only kid in school to own a cell... unfortunately he needed a suitcase to carry the bitch

Comment

Originally posted by copacabana
                            And Tone, the ringing during classes happens EVERY class, fuckers just laugh..but i think it shows the ignorance in our society....I mean I cant even go to the movie without some dumbass 12 year old on a cellphone talking to his friend in the other theatre.....but oh well

i hate the ringing in class...and it's always some 50 cent ringtone or some corny baroque period ring tone...

but worst of all; the fucking walkie talkie cell phones...i don't know the correct terminology for that horrible piece of shit, but there is nothing worse than having to hear two people having the same loud and boring conversation...

the phone in theaters...i think that if they allow it to continue, then they should allow for other people in theater to fuck them up (the cell phone users)...it's like, "your talking on your cell; we reserve the right to fuck you up"...these idiots don't let it vibrate, they leave the loud ring tones on...

it really is a twilight zone; no matter where i go, cell phones are everywhere...it's ridiculous...every body has it; it's like a detachable organ...

Comment

Originally posted by umassgirlee
                              I think ring tones are cool, but I laugh at stuff like that Cingular commercial when the dudes are walkin down the street actin all hard to that 50 ringtone
                              Lol that's my favorite commerical, I think it's so cute! Haha they have their little walk aww! Made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it. Yep...

I feel lost without a phone tho, I'm so afraid the one day I don't have one is the one day we're gonna have some huge thing and I won't have a way to get ahold of family or something. I go through them fast as hell tho, I can never seem to keep track of one long enough tho or I break it, and I usually have it on vibrate because when it rings hald the time I never notice it's my phone ringing so I carry it in my pocket or something and a few times I've left it in my jacket or jeans and it gets washed. heh... there's my post of the day.... yep.
                              Anyway...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by serrywar, 08-21-2019, 12:12 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kareeinsjuriya  
                              Started by Monret, Today, 03:10 PM