D-12 and Esham, and other points of info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-12 and Esham, and other points of info

This D-12/Esham fued is all good fun, but if D-12 is seriously claiming something over Esham, I have trouble believing it. Sure they have out-sold Esham just on Devil's Night alone but look what Esham has done:

He's put out more cds than any other rapper (all with little or not help on production)

He was (allegedly) the first rapper to put out a double cd

He has influenced all the following Detroiters: Kid Rock, ICP, House of Krazees, Eminem, and yes of course D-12, and many other less known groups

He's got about 20 different styles of rapping, not just an "eazy e" style as I have read on this board. You can't just listen to one cd and judge rather or not Esham is a dope rapper. You can't do this with two, three, or even four of his cds. You have to listen to a wide range of his shit, from Boomin Word's to Hell, Detroit Dogshit, and the newer shit like Mail Dominance, Natas's WWW.Com, and Tongues.

He started doing his own shit when he was around 13 years old. Not just rapping, but producing!

Esham is famous for doin the wicked shit, but his music is not only political, it's also very mind opening to the ways of detroit life, and fucked up shit in the world.

He's now hooked up with Kool Keith, a legendary figure just like Esham. You can say you hate Esham after listening to him, I can understand that for his style is not for everyone, but you have to respect everything he's done for the game, and continues to do.

What about when Proof saw Esham in the house, and pointed him out, Proof knew (and still does) that Esham is the father figure of Detroit rap. There is a whole world out there of haters, bitches, and biters, why the beef in your home town?

Also, on another topic, what up with the recycled verse on Devil's night. Was D-12 thinking that most of their fans had not heard the chance to advance cd, and decided to use the verse about "malice greenin 'em and gasolinen 'em with premium" on fight music? Just curious to what other dirty heads have to say about this one.

plus, a friend of mine who is a die hard ICP fan threw in a cd by them the other day from way back in like early 90's where Shaggy goes "sippin on a blunt, puffin on a 40". Does this sound familiar? I told him though that D-12 wasn't bitin, they don't listen to ICP, it was just a case where they were rapping about the same thing. But it does go to show you that while ICP are doing their own thing totally different, they and D-12 aren't as different as what most people think in my opinion.

Another thing I find weird is this: Most of my friends are straight to the core hip hop lovers and have been for the longest time, and most of them laugh at the thought of including Eminem in the group of real hip hop. They call him "cliche rap" or "hyper modern hip hop" and then they play what they consider "true hip hop". I have trouble disagreeing with them, but I tell them not to get caught up with what labels there are, and listen to music and like it on it's content.

I'd love to hear what any of you dirty heads have to say about any of these things, wether you agree with me, or think that my shit is totally off, just remember that this to debate, so no need to instigate, or come back with a flame post. If you don't agree, let what you know back you up, instead of name calling and shit talking. This is a message board, not the streets. And if this was the streets, I wouldn't even scrap for this shit, this ain't beef, this is just our views on music. to quote Biggy, "Beef is when you need two guns to fall asleep". Beef is about life, and unless music is your life and nothing but your life, no need to beef, and on this board, there is no need to beef at all.

Oh yeah, "Pistol, Pistol" is my favorite track, it reminds me of that old G shit, like NWA.
    Last edited by Fladlien; 07-09-2001, 11:20 AM.

esham is dope, icp is garbage, twiztid is aight...kool keith is godly, but i don't see why he would side with esham; their styles are very different...however, "spankmaster," was a dope album...

Comment

most cds?

how many cds did esham put out cuz pac put out like10 or 12 disc (cuz double cds can be considers as one cd there own) and that was pretty well thought out not like mos esham fans here who juss talk shit bigg up.

one
      Tha Hoodlum
      http://media.ign.com/games/image/fable_040804_160.jpg

Comment

Re: most cds?

Originally posted by D-Burna
        how many cds did esham put out cuz pac put out like10 or 12 disc (cuz double cds can be considers as one cd there own) and that was pretty well thought out not like mos esham fans here who juss talk shit bigg up.

one
        Tha Hoodlum
        What's up d-burna,i still remember your other post when i ask why is proof and esham beefin'? As i said before me,proof and esham all went to school together and i told esham to put shun on back then but i never got to introduce them 2 each other,i still feel it's my fault that they are beefin,cuz if i would have pursued the situation like i started out maybe none of this would be happening,and i already told you that deshun was like a brother and esham was a good friend and i don't want to see anything happen 2 either one of them,but they are grown men and i wish that they would stop hating on each other and make this paper together,but if i ever see either one again i will bring it up and tell them to stop this bullshit!!!And to Fadlein i'm glad you didn't start anything and just came out stating facts,esham does have more records out than any rapper in the world and he did it all own his own,that's dedication to music and he has many differant styles of rap.Just letting all heads know a little truth about the matter!!!!!!-------------------------------------------REV?
        Last edited by revdaalkaholik; 07-09-2001, 11:46 PM.
        mr. poop chute banger says....
        Homeland Security Advisory System
        http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/progra...ease_0046.shtm
        is wrestling fake?
        http://www.wimp.com/fake/

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by foufikam, Today, 01:11 AM