X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Open Letter & Apology to the Board

SORRY TO ALL! LETS MOVE FORWARD!

First I want to apologize for the length the board has been down there has been down, it has been a rough few years for everything. There is no excuse to have a website gone for this long. ANd if I was a fan of the website I would be terribly pissed off too. I understand.

Regardless I owe you guys some answers, so lets touch on a little about 'why' the board shut down to begin with. There was a few different reasons all working towards this.

1) SOPPA Act that shutdown onsmash.com/rapgodfathers/etc we were worried we were going to get targetted next because of the 'spontaniouse' members on our board.
    CURRENT ANSWER: SOPPA Act is dead, are not doing these raids anymore and they have given back the ceased domains in 2015.

2) DDOS attacks - Everyday for the last month we were getting brutally attacked that kept crashing server HD's (corrupting) them and having to bring back backups every few days was not an easy task
    CURRENT ANSWER: Servers have come along way and are now using AWS Cloud based servers with the correct firewalls/security in place and they are set to scale when needed.

3) Music Laywers due to Leaks - Our board was being used by some members to promote their music 'leaks' which was then leading everyone to believe 'Rap Basement' was leaking the songs instead of members of Rap Basement. So we were getting pressure from labels and their lawyers to stop.
    CURRENT ANSWER: With the music industry learning how 'streams' work we are now in a better position as we would only be posting streams/youtube/etc now.

4) Advertisements - At the time you were only getting paid for about the first 3 views a viewer was viewing the website (after that it would show cpc ads and no ones clicking) So we were actually losing money each month on the amount of bandwidth the board would take vs the money being brought in.
    CURRENT ANSWER: Servers are cheaper and we wont be as big as we were so that cost shouldn't effect us. Plus there is many other ways to get advertisements/donations now. If we are ever running low we will open a 'donation' announcement saying how much $ we are trying to raise for server fees.

5) Jason's Death (RIP Jason I miss you everyday) - Jason and I were actively making plans on relaunching the board prior to his death. However after Jason died I got depressed when thinking about Rap Basement, so it was tough for me to push forward to relaunch the Board. No excuse i apologize to all.
    CURRENT ANSWER: I don't want the board to go away forever. I am bringing the board back so the memory of Jason & Proof can still be alive. As well I know lots of people had had a connection to this board and community and I want everyone to enjoy it again.

I dont want to focus too much on the past (happy to answer or address anything) as we cant change the past and I see lots of improvement I can do now and in the future.

I want everyone to know that I am focused on making this a great non-toxic community. We are not wanting to start 'beef', 'steal members', 'be the best' we just want to be. We are down to collab with any sites/people. With that said, lots has happened in the past years since the board has been down. So i want to give EVERYONE a chance to enjoy the board again. I will be REMOVING all bans/ips or other infractions that might of happened in the past. If your account/ip is banned please send me an email or a message and we will give you another shot.

One of the things that always surprised me about the early days of the board was the members that treated each other like friends & family. From Proof to Slickjesus, They would offer each other support, good bowling locations in there cities, news before it dropped, original world star first mother fucker type shit. Lets create something great together guys.

P.S.: I left all the posts and aftermath how it was so everyone could enjoy and feel 'nostalgic' when looking at the board. I had long thoughts if i should archive all the old posts, lock everything or what. Enjoy the aftermath and some of the funny shit that was happening when the board was having to close. Please give everyone another shot, lots has changed since 2011
    Dirty Head Dave - Dizerty Dave - Dave Dirty
    Rap Basement
    The One and Only

Feels great to be back! Thanks for all that you're doing to make this place great again bro!

Comment

This is awesome. I never thought I would see the return of Rapbasment. I have a quite a history/legacy on this forum. I joined in 2007 and was hooked (My account was deleted and recreated in 2011 before it was shut down). I became very active and spent a lot of time on here interacting with the great community. I did some trolling and became well known for it but it was all fun and games and everyone had a good time. There is a long history here way before me though and im just glad we have the chance to relive all of it. Thanks to Dave for bringing this back and I look forward to helping getting this forum back on top.

R.I.P Derty Jason. Long Live Rapbasement.
      i fell asleep and i had a dream.. it was all white.. everything.

Comment

Apology rejected
        Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
        Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
        Originally posted by Syko Squidge
        ^
        fuck off you gay piece of cunt
        Originally posted by Otto
        That shit is fuck,

Comment

Do you know what the fuck I've been through because of this
          Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
          Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
          Originally posted by Syko Squidge
          ^
          fuck off you gay piece of cunt
          Originally posted by Otto
          That shit is fuck,

Comment

Originally posted by franc34 View Post
            Do you know what the fuck I've been through because of this
            Lol :D
            Dirty Head Dave - Dizerty Dave - Dave Dirty
            Rap Basement
            The One and Only

Comment

It's good to see the board. It definitely held a spot in my e-heart, being my first forum, and it even surprises myself that after so many years of being down I would occasionally check back to see if this day would ever come round.

I'm glad it did =D Thanks for bringing it back <3

Comment

Good to see the board finally back! Thanks Dave

Comment

Just don't let it happen again . . .

Comment

Keep this motherfucka alive this time around goddamnit, I've lost my entire social media interactions because I didn't plan ahead for the death of this site and now I gotta Facebook stalk them scottish bitches to find the one wit the perky tits and self doubt, IT WAS SO FUCKIN' EASY BACK THEN *insert Mr. T emoji*
                    ^he's from austria, without stereotyping most central/eastern europeans are sexfiends where nothing is taboo.
                    -MidwestSwing

Comment

I forgot about this place but have been putting together a Proof tribute video today and was thinking about Derty Jason so thought I'd Google it. Maybe I did stop coming because it was closed, so long ago I don't remember.
                      "This here's my space, my space, my space, myspace"

"I can't believe you people,
                      Y'all actually like him?
                      The ***** so wack
                      He makes Master P sound like Rakim."
                      Proof

Comment

holy shit ... we back in this Bitch ... dreams come true ...
                        ... Rapbasement Demon ...

Comment

Good to see the old board is back up Dave

Comment

Can't believe this site is back up! This was where i spent most of my childhood back before being online 24/7 was cool...
                            I missed the days when people would speak about D12 and be excited for their next releases... now everyone just laughs every time their name is brought up ... how times have changed.
                            Wish i could change my username though. "sniper" is so lame now. Good thing Firefox remembered my details...
                            I hope the site picks up for you Dave. RIP Proof and Jason
                            One Be Lo / Discography
                            Proof Discography
                            Bugz
                            VISHISS

Comment

I haven't been on this forum in probably 5 years, I just had some random urge to come on here today. It's cool to look back and see all your old posts and topics, great feeling. I'm glad yall brought the board back though.
                              To the British, I'm Ghandi/
                              To the Japanese I'm an American pilot flyin over Nagasaki/
                              To the AIDS patient I'm your last antibody/
                              Sittin and waitin for a cure from modern biology/

-Canibus

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Runcrurge, Today, 09:48 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes