The effect of Shady on the election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The effect of Shady on the election?

So we have just heard " Bin Laden " a track my Immortal Technique featuring Mod Def off the Shade 45 mixtape.

What effect do you think this will have on the Election?

Personally, I think this very well could be the end for Bush. We all know the number of those who vote decline every year, and perhaps those who rap appeal to care less about politics and could be a large percentage of those who do not vote. This can be said by how rap has always been again the law, but with Shady/Aftermath - arguably the most influential hip hop label in the world right now - not only will these tracks make people aware of the situation, but may likely get many people out to vote against Bush.

" Bin Laden " is a very powerful track in my opinion and will provoke a reaction from people, I assume Mosh will even more so. Eminem has a massive amount of power and as it stands, Bush best pack his belongings and leave the keys under the mat for the next President to take over.

What do you think?
    I don't need the hype, the words are right they'll sell themselves

i'm sorry but a musician/actor isn't getting me to change my vote, if your base your opinion on the election from a musician/actor's point of view then thats just as bad as not voting. you need to look at how president bush or kerry would help you out the most. don't just follow someone because everyone else does.

Comment

Good point .. but although a musician can't change your vote .. by making you aware of certain things, much like a documentry could or even a newspaper, I think the influential potential is certainly high ...

Comment

I do think think this will make some people want to vote Bush out but I do not think it will affect the outcome of the election what so ever.

An Eminem track should not persuade anyone to make a vote though, I have heard Mosh nor do I know if it's been released or not or whatever but I'm sure the content will not be factual and persuasive enough to make a vote from.

If someone were to decide on their vote based on an Immortal Technique track it would make alot more sense. Immortal Techniqe has actual facts about politics in his lyrics, and the majority are attacking the way Bush runs the country.

People keep comparing Mosh to White America, White America was just a track about himself, how he is affected by "White America" if Mosh is like that, and people voted against Bush because of Eminem talking about how he is personally affected by the Bush Administration then I would find that ridiculous. People like that shouldn't even bevoting.

If youdo vote because of that you are voting based on someone else's opinion, that defeats the purpose of voting. People should vote for who they persinally want to vote for, not whoever Eminem may or may not vote for.

Comment

Good post Roq, agree with most.
          With regard to your point about White America and how this may compare to Mosh. If Eminem does give his personal view, it's the reasons he gives why he feels such a way that may make others aware.

Your right in saying it won't effect the outcome of the voting ... but I think definetly there will be those who after hearing more of the Shade 45 bush related tracks will read up more and may have a change of opinion.

Comment

i would never let a "highschool drop out" influence me in any not even in fashion..
            *raises 1 eyebrow* and that's the bottom line
            Joop Gruis is my supplier

PS Fuck a middle man, I'm Columbian I am the connect

Why u coppin him bathin apes, cuz he the type to work in a zoo bathin apes

Comment

This song will have 0% effect.
              Why?
              First of all, the people who get influenced by this most-probable subjective song
              are not old enough to vote (thank god). Remember that 80% of Eminem's fanbase consists of youngsters not older than 16.

Also this song will have no statements with factual information, it will be more of the likes of the lines we already heard on other songs, like Outro
              "I aint bush I dont send my soldiers to war I fight there in the middle of the shit with them"

From a ideallistic point of view this song might make sense, but it's totally unreal
              and won't have any impact. It will only feed the Bush-bashing which is popular nowadays.

If you want to decide whether to vote for Bush / Kerry follow their debates and analyze their political behaviour in the past, instead of listening to some hip-hop star.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomlaars
                This song will have 0% effect.
                Why?
                First of all, the people who get influenced by this most-probable subjective song
                are not old enough to vote (thank god). Remember that 80% of Eminem's fanbase consists of youngsters not older than 16.

Also this song will have no statements with factual information, it will be more of the likes of the lines we already heard on other songs, like Outro
                "I aint bush I dont send my soldiers to war I fight there in the middle of the shit with them"

From a ideallistic point of view this song might make sense, but it's totally unreal
                and won't have any impact. It will only feed the Bush-bashing which is popular nowadays.

If you want to decide whether to vote for Bush / Kerry follow their debates and analyze their political behaviour in the past, instead of listening to some hip-hop star.
                True, exactly what I was gonna say, thanks for saving me some typing time. But, let's even pretend that Eminem's fanbase consists of mature individuals who are old enough to vote, do you think they would make a difference? Do you know what's the percentage of people who actually listen to rap, actually let me rephrase that, mainstream, 'pop'ish-angst shit? Hell, even if every single Eminem fan voted for Kerry, it would barelly make any impact. So, to answer your question, I don't think 'Shady' has any effect on the election, perhaps on the teenie girls who'll wet their panties because he hasn't released another 'Just Lose It'.
                ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

I don't like Shadys involvement in this election..over 50% of Eminem fans will vote against Bush ONLY for the fact that eminem dosent like Bush..but presidential elections hurt people like us more than it will the Eminem's and the Dr Dres of this world...so stop fucking relying on pop stars to make up your mind on who to vote for..YOU make up your mind on what your options will be if a president is elected and make sure your future is sucure and that your life will be as friutfull as possible under him.
                  Last edited by B-zar; 10-18-2004, 08:57 AM.
                  Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984

ITS THAT GLASGOW/BREDA CONNECTION

Comment

I agree with Boomlaars

Originally posted by komacyde
                    Hell, even if every single Eminem fan voted for Kerry, it would barelly make any impact.
                    I actually think that it would make some impact if you count every fan.
                    But fortunately, those, who can be influenced by Eminem's or of any other artist's preferences aren't old enough to vote. I would like to believe that the other part is smart enough to make its own choice.
                    Natalie
                    What is madness, but our ability to see other people as they see themselves but not as other people see them?

Comment

Also

The only Positives i can see of eminems involvement in it is

1.It is gettin young voters (weather they are doing it only cause eminem hates bush or not) into a voting routine

2.Gettin people to vote period.

Comment

This is a good reason why the voting age is 18... if younger people were allowed to vote, some would vote soley based on somethin a musician or an actor has done or said to make them vote that way. I think there are a few ppl around here (none that are voting... at least I hope not anyways) that jumped on this "Buck Sucks" bandwagon after hearin about this song. But for the most part, I think the ppl who have been Anti-Bush were that way b4 the talk of Eminem and his song came about.

Comment

You forgot that (thankfully) most Eminem fans arent old enough to vote.
                          Originally posted by ethan20
                          There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                          Originally posted by reservoirGod
                          Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by poste restante
                            I agree with Boomlaars

I actually think that it would make some impact if you count every fan.
                            But fortunately, those, who can be influenced by Eminem's or of any other artist's preferences aren't old enough to vote. I would like to believe that the other part is smart enough to make its own choice.

yup.. exactly!
                            -GiNa :]

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                              You forgot that (thankfully) most Eminem fans arent old enough to vote.
                              Old enough or Smart enough?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 05-06-2020, 03:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes