Clear All

• "Okay... Just Mosh it" - The taste of pure disappointment

(Taken From a previous Post)

Originally posted by BulletProof
    Flow: White america
    Beat: White America
    Lyrics: Mosh

Overall = Mosh
    ^ I'm not exactly sure how you worked that one out...

It sounds as if you were saying: 1 + 1 = 3

__

"My Take on Mosh"

The lyrics are obviously an important factor, but what’s even more important is making sure that the actual song’s contents (lyrics / beat / flow) somehow collaborate. You can't just have good “lyrics" and bad “everything-else".

If a song’s lyrics are impressive, but the beat & flow are simply horrendous, then the song will have very little replay value. You may get the feeling that it’s nothing more than a public speech; something that many of us have heard a lot of through-out this year.

The song might as well have no beat at all. Why not just drop the beat completely and bust-it like a “freestyle”. It’s not as if the song was meant to be “bumped” in your car anyway.

Even then, the lyrics would still have to be amazingly ill for such a long speech to work well on a hip-hop album; and quite honestly, these lyrics just don't cut it either way. This is the kind of track that I usually end up skipping after buying the CD.

_

I’ve been hearing many people claim that this song is "fire" all day long.

Ladies and gentlemen, even after taking a serious look at the lyrics, this song is still not “Fire”. Actually, it's quite the opposite. If there was an actual fire in the club and this song was played, it would probably put it out. Even after listening to the song repeatedly and reading the lyrics in full, it would be ridiculous for me to classify this song ("Mosh") as being a "lyrical masterpiece".

If the song “Just lose it” was the enemy, “Mosh” would be that enemy’s evil twin. Neither one is even close to being on the level that Eminem has set for himself through past album releases. I’m not going to say that the “bar of expectation” has been set too high either. The truth is, these songs are just incredibly low in comparison to everything else that was released a couple of years back.

Even if the songs were “not as good as his previous songs” but still “not incredibly bad”, then that would be somewhat acceptable.

But if only that was the case here....

__

In a complete assassination of Ronald Reagan’s speech, I must proclaim…

“Mr. Mathers, tear down that wall.”

This “playful yet politically-serious” version of Eminem just isn’t working.

It’s time to bring “The Real Slim Shady” back and stick to rapping about what you know best; Homosexuals and Vicodin.

- S.S.
    Last edited by Sarcastic Sid; 10-19-2004, 11:18 PM.

...............yawn...........
    listen this is the new and improved eminem like it or not slim shady is in the past and its time to move on. in any case i think that 'mosh' and 'just lose it' are equally slim and marshall saying their bit. shady is the front he puts up n basically sells records with and marshall with 'mosh' iz the deeper side which i personally find better cos it shows that there is an actual brain in him.
    but wateva. if u enjoy listening to "hate fags? the answers yes" then thats cool

everyone is entitled to my opinion

Comment

your right this song is just.......FIRE
      If I can kick drugs, I can deliver a baby

Charlie RIP
      LOST

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcastic Sid
        (Taken From a previous Post)

^ I'm not exactly sure how you worked that one out...

It sounds as if you were saying: 1 + 1 = 3

__

"My Take on Mosh"

The lyrics are obviously an important factor, but what’s even more important is making sure that the actual song’s contents (lyrics / beat / flow) somehow collaborate. You can't just have good “lyrics" and bad “everything-else".

If a song’s lyrics are impressive, but the beat & flow are simply horrendous, then the song will have very little replay value. You may get the feeling that it’s nothing more than a public speech; something that many of us have heard a lot of through-out this year.

The song might as well have no beat at all. Why not just drop the beat completely and bust-it like a “freestyle”. It’s not as if the song was meant to be “bumped” in your car anyway.

Even then, the lyrics would still have to be amazingly ill for such a long speech to work well on a hip-hop album; and quite honestly, these lyrics just don't cut it either way. This is the kind of track that I usually end up skipping after buying the CD.

_

I’ve been hearing many people claim that this song is "fire" all day long.

Ladies and gentlemen, even after taking a serious look at the lyrics, this song is still not “Fire”. Actually, it's quite the opposite. If there was an actual fire in the club and this song was played, it would probably put it out. Even after listening to the song repeatedly and reading the lyrics in full, it would be ridiculous for me to classify this song ("Mosh") as being a "lyrical masterpiece".

If the song “Just lose it” was the enemy, “Mosh” would be that enemy’s evil twin. Neither one is even close to being on the level that Eminem has set for himself through past album releases. I’m not going to say that the “bar of expectation” has been set too high either. The truth is, these songs are just incredibly low in comparison to everything else that was released a couple of years back.

Even if the songs were “not as good as his previous songs” but still “not incredibly bad”, then that would be somewhat acceptable.

But if only that was the case here....

__

In a complete assassination of Ronald Reagan’s speech, I must proclaim…

“Mr. Mathers, tear down that wall.”

This “playful yet politically-serious” version of Eminem just isn’t working.

It’s time to bring “The Real Slim Shady” back and stick to rapping about what you know best; Homosexuals and Vicodin.

- S.S.
        thanks for the "evaluation" or "review" of the song... but i think your wrong. and i know alot of people will agree AND disagree with you, i personally like the song.
        Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Heridan, 08-26-2020, 09:00 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Monret
        by Monret

Started by hxihzu3j, 09-24-2020, 07:17 AM