HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weeent to the SHADY NATIONAL CONVENTION last night!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeent to the SHADY NATIONAL CONVENTION last night!!!

I had bought a camera but as soon as I brought it in they confiscated it. But I did go last night, picked up the tickets from David in front of the Novotel and waited on line. If you ever wanna talk about Eminen groupies, wait on line at the convention. There was this grown people jumping up and down for Eminem. Some girl screamed out "EMINEM take my virginity!" and there was this guy who was in front of me who told me he came all the way from Arizona for the show saying how if he died after the show he would die a happy man. They didn't check ID so I got in easily (even some 14 year old girl got in) and put a green/black band around your wrist once they ripped the ticket.

The tickets were for General Admission, so the regular people were on the floor and on the second floor were the VIPs (I saw Dr. Dre, Bono from U2, etc)The space wasn't even that big, at most there were like 100 people so anywhere you stood you would be close. People had signs up (I have some they are gigantic but I'll try and scan some) that they gave away saying "SNC" and "Yes on E". Eminem hats, Shady Nat. Con. shirts...etc

First person who came up was Donald Trump and I was at most like 4 feet away from him. He said a witty speech which I can't exactly remember it all but it was something like "When Eminem told me about the S.N.C I told him that if I came it would have to be the best, and the only way to do it would be to have it in NYC (crowd screams)" He leaves. We all wait a good half hour for them to set up for the next guest, Ed from Crank Yankers. He cracks some jokes about Ashlee Simpson (you'll see the speech on MTV Nov. 18)

Then another half hour wait, next comes Busta, crowd goes wild, he says a funny speech. After Busta comes Method Man. When he comes on stage he drinks a mouth of water and spits it out to the crowd ( I get sprayed)

Finally, after a few hours of waiting, Eminem comes out in a suit. See, when the Post reviewed it, they were taking it all too seriously. Eminem was just making fun of how other politicans speak. He was just acting like Eminem. Seein him in real life is great. When he was talking people started chanting "FUCK BUSH FUCK BUSH FUCK BUSH" which I don't know how they'll edit out. and other shit. So many people were saying stuff that when Eminem said "You know why you should elect me?" everyone started saying a lot of stuff and Eminem said "I'd tell you if you would just shut the fuck up for a second" lmao

I was a little disappointed with Eminems performances though. I thought I'd here a NEW song off Encore, but all he played was stuff I heard. He didn't even really rap live. It was all lip-syncing. He didn't even TRY to lip-sync. He was drinking some Poland Spring and the song was going and then he just joined back in on the rhymes. Not to say the performance was bad, its Eminem LIVE, hot anyway. If I had to pick something I didn't like it would be the lip-sync of it. After Mosh and the "freestyle" Em introduced Stat Quo and as he performed the crowd went QUIET.

I'll continue this later cause I gtg but it was fun. I'm trying to explain it in as much detail since a lot of people wanted to go but couldn't. PROPS TO JASON AND DAVID.

Edit: For pix of Event, FaCt Or FiCtioN took some http://d12world.com/board/showpost.p...6&postcount=18

Edit 2: When Stat Quo came on, people started getting out of it (I guess its cause he raps from the South) but as soon as he left and Obie Trice came, the crowd went wild. He sang the Set Up and "Oh" with Busta Rhymes coming back and rapping with him.

Last song Eminem does was Just Lose It and he talked about the Micheal Jackson controversy. He said something like "And this dude..Micheal Jackson...let me just say..if you can't take a mother fucking joke..." and then he did Just Lose It. I went to get some quiet cause the music was so mo'fing loud my ears were ready to blow. All and all, it was a fantastic show, everyone from Shady Records props.

EDIT 3: MORE PICS from jkerin! http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=142229

!
    Long as one of us from d12world.com went, its like all of us went :P
    Last edited by thergs; 10-29-2004, 11:06 PM.
    EsCo LeT's gO

wish i coulda went

Comment

Thanks for the review.

Comment

Thanks for the story..
        "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
        The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
        Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
        Each pray'r accepted,and each wish resign'd."
        Alexander Pope Dipset Bitch!

Comment

They always play the tape on the background, it isn't lip synching .. just for when you ran out of breathe, so you still hear the song .. and I heard him performing 'Just Lose It' ... I'm glad they played the music in the background, cuz he performed 3 words of the song, he was fucking wasted ..
          Originally posted by midwestwitch
          If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Sweet-as
            But it sounds kinda strange...

Did they go quiet because Stat was so good, or so bad?

What's with Eminem impersonating Ashlee Simpson with the backing track shit? That's a lil lame...
            But three cheers anyway for his attempts to dislodge that scary fuckwit Bush...

Hip hip?
            "Quotes are for gaylords" - daftony '03

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel
              They always play the tape on the background, it isn't lip synching
              true..all big rappers do that
              [While filling out job application]
              Loc Dog: Name: Loc Dog, baby.
              Height: Six-deuce!
              Father's name: mmm... I dunno.
              Sex: hell yeah, ni99a!
              Salary desired: 3 million dollars! Cash!

Comment

Yea the show wuz ridiculously good i thought. Props 2 David and Jason they were kool guys when i met em.

The tickets didnt really do shit tho. But the line wit the ticketholders, o yea, groupies indeed.

The performances were all good, Eminem performed LIVE but i think he had sum mic problems cuz everyone else wuz performin live and at one point even Bizarre tried 2 put his mic in Em's face cuz we could barely hear him.

I wuz more 2wards the front stage then the side stage.. P Diddy did sum shit on screen too, not live.

But Em Performed, d-12, Stat Quo, Obie, 50 Cent, Yayo, B-Real from Cypress Hill, Busta and Spliff, it wuz the best show i ever seen..

Busta did Give it Away like One verse and bounced, he wuz hypin the crowd up huge... then Green Lantern wuz like "give the guy props he jus came out and he had mouth surgery and 2 teeth removed 2day"

I hated all the delays and shit at the beginning, but the show wuz dope. props 2 shady/aftermath 4 puttin on a hell of a show.

*o yea i got heated when we were tryna smoke sum shit up and the security kept yellin at us..
                Last edited by FAcT oR FiCTiON; 10-29-2004, 08:44 AM.
                8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

so i guess it wasn't a "historical event"...
                  "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
                  The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
                  Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
                  Each pray'r accepted,and each wish resign'd."
                  Alexander Pope Dipset Bitch!

Comment

i hate it when they play the tape (with the raps on) in the background..just use the fucking instrumental..back in 99 when i saw eminem he didnt do it..none of the artist (except mobb deep) i saw did it
                    djf

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel
                      They always play the tape on the background, it isn't lip synching .. just for when you ran out of breathe, so you still hear the song .. and I heard him performing 'Just Lose It' ... I'm glad they played the music in the background, cuz he performed 3 words of the song, he was fucking wasted ..

oh..my bad then...I couldn't hear the real Eminem voice thats why
                      EsCo LeT's gO

Comment

Originally posted by FaCT oR FiCTiON
                        Yea the show wuz ridiculously good i thought. Props 2 David and Jason they were kool guys when i met em.

The tickets didnt really do shit tho. But the line wit the ticketholders, o yea, groupies indeed.

The performances were all good, Eminem performed LIVE but i think he had sum mic problems cuz everyone else wuz performin live and at one point even Bizarre tried 2 put his mic in Em's face cuz we could barely hear him.

I wuz more 2wards the front stage then the side stage.. P Diddy did sum shit on screen too, not live.

But Em Performed, d-12, Stat Quo, Obie, 50 Cent, Yayo, B-Real from Cypress Hill, Busta and Spliff, it wuz the best show i ever seen..

Busta did Give it Away like One verse and bounced, he wuz hypin the crowd up huge... then Green Lantern wuz like "give the guy props he jus came out and he had mouth surgery and 2 teeth removed 2day"

I hated all the delays and shit at the beginning, but the show wuz dope. props 2 shady/aftermath 4 puttin on a hell of a show.

*o yea i got heated when we were tryna smoke sum shit up and the security kept yellin at us..

Lmao, yea when everyone was getting out of it, Busta came on and flipped it up with the verse from Give it away. People were goin NUTS. Then 50 cent came out and he through his jacket into the crowd and people were fighting like dogs for that shit. He did "In Da Club" and people went insane. Shit it was fucking fun. I WISH I had a camera . Damn.
                        EsCo LeT's gO

Comment

Originally posted by thergs
                          oh..my bad then...I couldn't hear the real Eminem voice thats why
                          I also heard that he had problems with his mic and voice .. don't know for sure ..
                          Originally posted by midwestwitch
                          If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

ok.
                            complete Eminem Discography

Eminem's gotta cuss in his raps to sell records, well me too, so fuck Will Smith. - Jimmy Pop, BHG

Comment

sounded amazing, props on news..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mhukgkophmgu, Today, 02:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes