Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RenegadeD12
    replied
    yeah, i don't know why they dropped the Jay-Z track, that's just plain stupid...they need to go back to Bad Boy...they weren't gettin paid as much but they were sellin records and gettin tons of respect

Leave a comment:

• Patrick.
    replied
    Yea I wasnt really feeling the album as much as other 112 albums.. Good reveiw

Leave a comment:

• LoW_RyDaH
    replied
    I'm yet to listen, but good to see someone posting something of some worth, rather than the usual boring threads

Leave a comment:

• d-blockprovider
    replied
    .....ok

Leave a comment:

• ***Renegade's review of 112's new Pleasure and Pain***

This is the first review I've seen on the album, since it has only leaked yesterday.

112 is back with their latest LP titled Pleasure and Pain with a new spirit and a new outlook on their music. They admit the group gave a lack luster effort with their 2003 release Hot and Wet. They vowed that this new album would be better than Hot and Wet and it was 112's greatest work to date.

Well, they were 1 for 2. Although Pleasure and Pain is a return to their roots with an increased number of ballads, this albums falls very short of their own and the music industries expectations. The albums begins with perhaps the album's best song "Let this Go," a pop beat with a catchy hook. Even the album's first single "You Already Know," falls at the end of the list of leading 112 singles. Repetative ballads dominate the rest of the album, with none of them having the creativitiy and inspiration that we saw in their previous albums.

The uptempo songs are the strong points of this album. Songs like Closin the Club, If I hit it, and The Way are all very catchy songs that would have any club packed.

Two tracks that did not make the cut for the album were "Come Over ft. Foxy Brown" and "Touch me, Tease you" featuring Def Jam CEO Jay-Z. Why these tracks did not make the album will remain a mystery.

112 is now 0 for 2 in their quest to produce classic R&B albums under the Def Jam label. Bad Boy needs 112, and apparently, 112 needs Bad Boy just as bad.

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Deborahlanker, 04-12-2020, 11:32 AM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post Gornawil  
Started by Monret, Today, 07:38 AM
0 responses
0 likes