Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why

Why is it so hard for a white person to get respect from the black community? I am referring to Eminem but also other things. Look at Steve Nash in the NBA. He's white and a great player but black people are more likely to buy a Staudemire (sp?) jersey. In turn, white kids who emulate black style will do the same. Same goes for NFL jerseys like Payton Manning and Marvin Harrison. I definitley understand why they have a higher respect for black political figures but as far as entertainment figures, I don't get it.

Another question is why is it more accepted for a black comedian to do a white joke, yet if a famous white person does a joke about blacks there would be marches,protests, and angery letters. I just want to get some feedback. Thanks.
    HUSTLE.
    LOYALTY.
    RESPECT.

DOWN SINCE DAY ONE

Originally posted by Omaha17
    Another question is why is it more accepted for a black comedian to do a white joke, yet if a famous white person does a joke about blacks there would be marches,protests, and angery letters. I just want to get some feedback. Thanks.
    According to me, it's because the blacks were the one's who were looked down upon and treated badly a long time ago. So when they say something about white people, people accept them as jokes because thats what they're meant to me.

But if a white person joke's about a black dude, then some may look at at in the sense they're making fun of them, some may take it in the wrong sense.

Eg; You trip and fall on the ground in front of a crowd. You get up and say "Damn I'm a fucking idiot" (makin fun of the incident urself) and everyone laughs with you, it's okay. But if someone else says "Damn, what a fucking idiot" even in a joking sense you may take it in the wrong way and ask him what the fucks his problem...

I dunno I may not have typed what I wanted to say properly....but it makes sense to me in my head.

Comment

You must not watch Comicview, those white people on their say niqqa, and make fun of black people all the time. Nobody cares, everybody laughs, because what they say is pretty accurate. It'd be a different thing if one of them was to be like, "oh, and my boss told that black guy he was fired and to pick his cotton up on the way out" or some bullshit, he mighta got stomped on the stage, but white comedians generally know what lines to cross and what not to cross. As far as I'm concerned about the white basketball players/white football players. When you see somebody wearing a jersey, they're probably black. I doubt I'll ever see a black niqqa sportin a jersey of a white sports player, cuz as people say, black niqqaz stick togetha, blazay blazay.

Comment

Why is it so hard for a white person to get respect from the black community? I am referring to Eminem but also other things. Look at Steve Nash in the NBA. He's white and a great player but black people are more likely to buy a Staudemire (sp?) jersey. In turn, white kids who emulate black style will do the same. Same goes for NFL jerseys like Payton Manning and Marvin Harrison. I definitley understand why they have a higher respect for black political figures but as far as entertainment figures, I don't get it.
        For one reason is that black music as long been imitated by white people and they in turn take it over and the black originators never get the credit like rock and roll with Elvis Presley. Eminem has been very aware of that history had has always acknowledged and admired those before him.

The black community and other races have long been discrimminated against and so to be PC the white community dont want to cross the line and be considered racist. Also the white community does still have trouble accepting the black community and some/most of their jokes are really racist in nature.

Comment

Why is it so hard for a white person to get respect from the black community? I am referring to Eminem but also other things.
          like 5150 girl said i'm sure some of it has to be because hip hop was originally mostly black music and now eminem sometimes gets credit as being "the greatest" and stuff. and if you take eminem's style, his content is pretty original to him. nobody gets as much into their personal life as him and thats not appealing to everyone

Look at Steve Nash in the NBA. He's white and a great player but black people are more likely to buy a Staudemire (sp?) jersey. In turn, white kids who emulate black style will do the same. Same goes for NFL jerseys like Payton Manning and Marvin Harrison. I definitley understand why they have a higher respect for black political figures but as far as entertainment figures, I don't get it.
          i guess as far as amare stoudemire and steve nash, they are both real good players but stoudemire is alot more exciting. steve nash is more known for assists and stoudemire is known for dunks. i'm sure race is a factor too, but jersey can be more about fashion than the actual name these days

urban aka is exactly right
          GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
          You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

Did you just say that peyton manning gets less repsect then marvin harison? And as for the nash thing who cares about jersey sales, everybody knows hes better then amare, and he'll be named MVP.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Deborahlanker, 04-12-2020, 11:32 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Gornawil  
            Started by Monret, Today, 07:38 AM
            0 responses