ipod Question!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod Question!?

Hey, I'm looking at getting an ipod and just wanted peoples opinions on them, Pro's and cons, Also if any of you have a Zen, would like to know.

May sound stupid question, but can you rip music Cd's on to an Ipod or is it only compatible with Itunes downloads?

Help apprecited
    Signatures are like soooooooooooo last season.

u can burn ne mp3 file on 2 ur ipod...

i got that new u2 colour foto ipod... its sick but it scratches fukin easily man. real easily.
    THEY SCARED TO DEATH, THEY SCARED TO LOOK, THEY SHOOK...
    CAUSE AINT NO SUCH THING AS HALF WAY CROOKS

BATTLES:9
    WON: 9
    KO'S: 9

Comment

Yes u can because when there put on your pc it made into a mp3 file

Comment

I wouldn't recommend an iPod, a lot of problems arise with them, a friend of mine has had 3 replacement iPods in the matter of one week, when I got mine it wouldn't be recognised by my computer.
        Learn How To : Create An MSN Bot, Create Your Own Web Browser

Comment

iPod > *

"Drop the farenheight back down to zero
          Bring Heat to the streets like I'm Pacino and DeNiro"
          - Redman

Milwaukee Bucks - 5-2
          Green Bay Packers - 2-7

Comment

Originally posted by robcarr2
            I wouldn't recommend an iPod, a lot of problems arise with them, a friend of mine has had 3 replacement iPods in the matter of one week, when I got mine it wouldn't be recognised by my computer.
            Ive had 0 problems with my ipod. Ive even dropped it about 15 times.
            BIG PROOF FOREVER

Comment

Seriously...I've had the iPod mini since April and have had absolutely no problem with it.

"Drop the farenheight back down to zero
              Bring Heat to the streets like I'm Pacino and DeNiro"
              - Redman

Milwaukee Bucks - 5-2
              Green Bay Packers - 2-7

Comment

the normal ipods scratch way to easy, so i have a mini which is sturdy and portable. If you want a simple mp3 player that plays music then the ipod is good.

Comment

I posted my opinions in a thread a while back

Originally posted by trex
                  I highly recommend getting an iPod, especially if you're a music fanatic like me. Here are my top 3 reasons:

Incredibly easy to use
                  Ever wish that when you bought something, it "just works"? Then the iPod is for you.

It's only natural that may have heard complaints. Think about it: There are near 20 million iPod sold and naturally, some are defective. Other mp3 have yet to break 4 or 5 million users. It's only natural that you'll hear more about iPod problems since it's most popular.

For each iPod complaint you hear, there are probably hundreds of thousands more users without a single problem. If there were something disasterously wrong with the the iPod, it wouldn't have gotten so popular and you would've definitely heard about the issues by now.

iTunes
                  You can create playlists and they'll automatically be placed on your iPod when you plug your iPod into the computer. You can make playlists based on tons of things including when you added the music to iTunes, how many times you've played the song, or the rating. I've gotten creative and made the following playlists: Top 25 of Fall 2003, Winter 2004, Spring 2004, Fall 2004, Winter 2005, and Spring 2005 is pending. I've also got stuff like, "Top 25 Most Played," "Top Rated," "Songs Not Played," "Songs Not Rated".

I honestly think the iPod would be crap without iTunes. It integrates with the iPod so perfectly. I've never, in my life, seen hardware and software integrate as well as Apple's iTunes and iPod does. As a Software Engineering student, I am in complete awe of this achievement. I highly doubt supporting software for the other music players works quite as well.

My sister bought a generic mp3 player that came with no supporting software. She was so annoyed that she had to copy and paste her mp3's to it manually instead of being able to put the entire playlist on there. So I actually wrote her a program, Playlist Exporter, that automatically puts songs from an iTunes playlists on her mp3 player.

If you haven't tried iTunes yet, I suggest downloading it from http://www.apple.com/itunes. It was probably the deciding factor for me.

Great Design
                  You can easily scroll through thousands of songs in seconds or control the iPod entirely from your pocket. The Click-Wheeel just work so well, it's quite amazing.

Other things like sound quality are generally good in every mp3 player.

Now for the pitfalls:

No radio, video, or microphone
                  But if you've got 1000's of mp3s, why would you need radio? Similarly, if you're going to use your iPod as a music player, chances are you don't need Video. Microphone? That's like saying having a camera integrated into a cell phone is a must have.

To give Apple credit, they recently included Podcasting support into iTunes 4.9. So now you can get free radio shows and music content downloaded daily to your iPod. You choose what content you want to subscribe to. FYI, Podcasting is a fancy word for automatically delivering audio to subscribed users and via the Internet (RSS + Audio = Podcasting, in a nutshell.)

Battery Life
                  Yeah, iPod batteries aren't the best, but they're improving. The iPod Minis now have 18 hours; regular iPods (which are now in color), 15 hours; iPod Shuffle, 12 hours. Sony and other completely obliterate Apple in this respect but fail to provide a mp3 player that's as easy to use as an iPod.

And since I cannot express how much I love iTunes, here's a snapshot of my Top 25 Most Played:

(SP = Smart Playlist, automatically updates. !NI-A = Non-iPod Album)
                  http://www.d12world.com/board/showth...48#post3952748
                  My Eclectic Music Taste

Last.fm Users,
                  How Do You Listen To Music?

Comment

I love my I-Pod mini. I've had it since December and have 0 problems with it. I take it to work, and my husband-to-be walks around the OSU campus with it every day. We love it.

Yay for I-Pod!
                    Matter fact, dawg, here's a pencil Go home, write some shit, make it suspenseful, And don't come back until somethin dope hits you Fuck it! You can take the mic home wit you!
                    D12 7/31/04
                    AMT3 7/8/05

Comment

i have an original ipod wit the four buttons and a regular scroll wheel and its been through so much shit and ive dropped it like 80 times and ive had no problem wit it......but ya it scratches easy but after you used to it you wont even notice them

get an ipod

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by clearviewglases, 12-30-2020, 06:53 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ShadoJz
                      by ShadoJz