Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oliver Stone: "Media Slanders Politically-Minded Stars"

Contact Music | April 4 2006

Movie-maker OLIVER STONE has blasted media groups who "slander" celebrities for their political comments - because intelligent stars have every right to question their leaders.

The Vietnam veteran, who is a fierce opponent of the US leadership, is appalled every time a celebrity is rudely mocked for making his or her thoughts about PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH and the war in Iraq public, and he urges journalists to be more supportive.

The NATURAL BORN KILLERS director says, "We're Hollywood wackos and all that stuff, left-wing... (It's) an easy and facile dismissal.

"I'm still a citizen, I've served my country as a veteran, I've had many jobs before the film business. I know something of life, having lived to this age.

"We have a right to speak and every time we speak: 'You're an actor, a showbusiness director,' we're making it up! "This is not a way of dealing with people. This is slander."

What i've always found funny is that the media immediately attacks anyone in entertainment who has a political opinion...constantly saying they don't know shit cause they're just entertainers but how fucked up is that? People are people...we all have opinions and can see shit just like the next man can.

But this is where it gets funny...the media has always done this like any entertainer should stay out of politics...because they don't know enough yet everyone forgets that Ronal Reagan was a BIIIIIIG time actor way before he became president. Also...look at how far Arnold boy has come.

People also act like nobody in hollywood had the ability to go to school and get a degree..when many have. Which actually makes some of them more qualified to argue if something is true or not more than the person in the media judging them that doesn't know shit or have a degree or training in the topic at all! lol
    Last edited by E-WiQ; 04-05-2006, 11:38 AM.

Comment

they're attacked because nobody ever knows for what reason a celebrity is doing and/or saying ANYTHING.

they usually always have alterior motives for most everything they do, which is usually spreading publicity for an upcoming project they're working.

they cannot be trusted for having honest intentions, because they often abuse their power for their own benefit.

that is why they are constantly ridiculed when speaking out against any major issue(s) .. first, you must check to see if they have upcoming projects, and then, and ONLY then, can you make a decision as to whether or not what their actions can be construed as honest.
      in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

CNN = works for government

FOX = ^^ ditto

Case closed.
        Originally posted by Splackavellie
        one chick was bangin!!! hot as fuck but crazy..she was obsessed with me..every weekend at the club she buy my drinks and i'd take advantage of that...but i never hit it cuz i was scared

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalP1mp
          CNN = works for government
          FOX = ^^ ditto
          Case closed.
          only agree with you on the cnn part.

fox news is the only honest news station out. they don't twist stories around like cnn/abc/cbs/nbc does.

celebs who use their "fame" to talk politics is the stupidist thing ive ever seen or heard in my life. they think people will actually listen to them (some do though) just because they are on tv.

atleast we still have bruce willis.

Comment

Originally posted by #1GROUPIEBITCH!
            Contact Music | April 4 2006
            Movie-maker OLIVER STONE has blasted media groups who "slander" celebrities for their political comments - because intelligent stars have every right to question their leaders.
            The Vietnam veteran, who is a fierce opponent of the US leadership, is appalled every time a celebrity is rudely mocked for making his or her thoughts about PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH and the war in Iraq public, and he urges journalists to be more supportive.
            The NATURAL BORN KILLERS director says, "We're Hollywood wackos and all that stuff, left-wing... (It's) an easy and facile dismissal.
            "I'm still a citizen, I've served my country as a veteran, I've had many jobs before the film business. I know something of life, having lived to this age.
            "We have a right to speak and every time we speak: 'You're an actor, a showbusiness director,' we're making it up! "This is not a way of dealing with people. This is slander."
            I don't think he liked Team America much.

Comment

Celebrities are rich and worthless. No one should listen to what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pukin Dawgs

fox news is the only honest news station out. they don't twist stories around like cnn/abc/cbs/nbc does.
                MY GOD! YOU POOR CHILD!

Comment

Originally posted by #1GROUPIEBITCH!
                  MY GOD! YOU POOR CHILD!
                  LMFAO!!!!! see...fox is the worst actually, the most honest so far i have to say is cnn but that is in pockets..not nec. all the time but a lot more...they even took sheens side on one of their programs.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ultraketoxusa, 11-30-2020, 12:16 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post noahharry  
                  Started by sharklea3, Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                  0 responses