Yeah, Another Proof Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Another Proof Thread.

I was cruisin through the news section, and out of anybody that could have died it feels really weird to see all these threads about Proof not bein alive no more. A lot of people who have never even heard Proof spit are talkin about him bein the greatest and it's sickening that someone has to die to be recognized. But for some reason, I can't wrap my finger around it. I was never really emotionally attached to dude, and I sure as hell never met with him, but for some reason, out of all rappers he's one that I would have liked to see not die to something this unnecessary. I can't tell you why, because I don't know.

I just wanted to have my own R.I.P. thread for Proof.
    No comments needed, jus wanted to post suttin about it.

Rest in peace, Proof.

Cause it wasn't his time man. Dude died before he got a chance to make the imprint on hip hop that he wanted to make.
    I'm pre-disastrous, I fuck shit up before it happens
    Like blown engines of Airplanes with snorin' captains

Comment

too true man

i cant beleive it
      over some bullshit pool game too,

fucked up shit
      THE CAKE IS A LIE
      THE CAKE IS A LIE
      THE CAKE IS A LIE
      THE CAKE IS A LIE

XBox Live-De4dly R4pture
      Ill SHIT on you!!!!

Comment

He has so much unreleased shit and he was one of a kind...one of the main people who stood out besides swift and Em in d12...his album was fucking sick and i was surprised when i reached the last track of his album at how different and good he was. SHit is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban AKA
          I was cruisin through the news section, and out of anybody that could have died it feels really weird to see all these threads about Proof not bein alive no more. A lot of people who have never even heard Proof spit are talkin about him bein the greatest and it's sickening that someone has to die to be recognized. But for some reason, I can't wrap my finger around it. I was never really emotionally attached to dude, and I sure as hell never met with him, but for some reason, out of all rappers he's one that I would have liked to see not die to something this unnecessary. I can't tell you why, because I don't know.
          I know EXACTLY what you mean, maybe b/c it was just so unexpected?

I dunno, but like you said, for some reason his death saddened me more then I would've expected.

Never thought I'd feel this saddened at the news of the death of a person I never knew.
          Last edited by Dr. Greenthumb; 04-12-2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I never bothered to peep dude out, but you can always tell when a dudes real and he most def looked real as fuck, always fucked up seeign a good person go.

Beign real > Talent n fame

Joe Budden - Explain My Life explains how I feel about this
            Last edited by ThatNuccaJuan; 04-12-2006, 09:55 PM.
            ...........The Growth...........

Comment

it feels different because i've been in this website for years, and always knew that he came through here to post, so there seems to have been some connection which a lot of people from the 2001 year could probably understand...i never met him, but i think the loss is greater knowing he was part of this site, and technically i signed up to this site just to ask him a question...

the biggest rapper death to me was when Pun died...i was in disbelief for weeks...

Comment

I signed up here cause I heard Proof posted here. I thought that mad cool for someone who probably has a crazy schedule most of the time to come here and chill with his fans. After searching for posts by "BIG PROOF" I was suprised to see him answering fans questions and also asking for opinions on his latest track ect.

For whatever reason having seen those old threads and having listened to D-12/Proof since Devils Night came out made this much worse for me than when Big and Pac died. Biggie and Pac were in a east-west beef so we all knew something could pop off at any moment.

Proof will forever live on in his music and also through all of us... RIP
                JIM JONES

JOEY

BISHOP

"I smoke a blunt to take the pain out and if I wasn't high I'd probably blow my brains out."

Comment

I still can't believe it. I keep thinking someone is gonna go "oh there's been a mistake, Proof is really alive"

I dunno, I know he is gone, but I just can't grasp the fact yet. It hasn't really hit me yet.
                  "You wanna be the one in control
                  You wanna be the one who's alive
                  You wanna be the one who gets old
                  It's not a matter of luck - it's just a matter of time

Comment

Rest in peace, Proof.

Shit would b the Same way even if it was, tony Yayo that died "OMGZ HE'S 1 OF THE GREATEST EVER!!!!" Same people that said his album was trash! As sad as it is to say,(Type) This... Saying Your A/Was a Proof Fan is the NEW "COOL" Thing To Do For These KIDS on Here & around the World! It's Fucking wrong!

R.I.P. Big Proof!
                    Last edited by Excellence; 04-12-2006, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Rest in peace, Proof.
                      It was because Proof was one of us. He didn't change.

A genuinely good guy imo. Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by j0hncena
                        Shit would b the Same way even if it was, tony Yayo that died "OMGZ HE'S 1 OF THE GREATEST EVER!!!!" Same people that said his album was trash! As sad as it is to say,(Type) This... Saying Your A/Was a Proof Fan is the NEW "COOL" Thing To Do For These KIDS on Here & around the World! It's Fucking wrong!

R.I.P. Big Proof!
                        Well if Yayo died, I wouldn't say he was one of the best rappers in hip-hop, cause right now he's not, but I am not going to deny the influence he has on hip-hop, whether it be positive or negative.

Every rapper has an influence oh hip-hop, and Proof's influence can't be denied whatsoever. He brought a great voice to D12 that can never be replaced, and it's like the one line in Good Die Young that Kuniva spits for Bugz, "You was so close to seeing dreams but a coward came along and took you away from the team." Some coward came along, with no regard for life and took Proof away from not only D12 and the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope family, but from his own family: his wife and five kids. I hope the dude (Bender) is locked away for life and forced to live with the thought that five kids will be without a father, because that is a much more harsher punishment than death.

That said, R.I.P. Proof. My condolences go out to his friends and family, I can relate to losing a loved one. It is hard to accept at first, and for my loss, it is still a little bit hard to accept. Dark clouds are out right now, but don't worry, the sun will shine when the time is right.
                        Originally posted by On The Shelf
                        rofls you dont wanna get caught in one of them row by shootings lol
                        LMFAO
                        BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!

Comment

Rest in peace, Proof.
                          I know what you mean also... it's weird thinking that he is gone. And the other day in class I just felt depressed even though I never knew him personally.

The only time I ever "met" him was at Anger Management 1 Tour... me and my buddy were askin the usher where our seats were and Proof was walking right by us. He accidentally hit my friend's shoulder with his and he said "sorry man"....
                          Then I said "Holy shit, it's Proof", and we respectively slapped hands...

It's sad listening to his songs now but also makes me happy because I know his music will live on. But still when lines come on like "Sometimes I just wish for my demise, so I can kick it with Bugz".. it hits hard because he really is gone, but at the same time I know he can now 'kick it with Bugz' and all his other friends and family that he lost in the past.

R.I.P. Proof
                          Boston Celtics
                          New England Patriots
                          Boston Red Sox

Hi haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Greenthumb
                            Never thought I'd feel this saddened at the news of the death of a person I never knew.
                            I know what you mean.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this death hit me a lot harder than new of ODB's death. I dunno why. Maybe because it was a murder? I had no affiliation with Proof and the only times I'd listen to him were on Devils Night, or random freestyles. But for some reason, I felt it a lot more.
                            Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

You dont expect it because he seemed like the kind of guy who had time for anyone, wherever he went, not stuck up like some people. He seemed like a decent person.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trueketosale, Today, 01:43 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trueketosale  
                              Started by trueketosale, Today, 01:42 AM
                              0 responses