Anybody Start College Late ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Start College Late ?

Ok Well I'll Be 20 This Summer And I Have A Buddy Whos 22 And We Both Decided We Would Like To Go To College As Were Sick Of These 7 Am Factory Jobs ! Except Im Embarrassed Because Being A 20 Year Old Freshman Or 22 In My Buddys Case Seems Weird !

Did Anybody Else Start Late And If So How Was It ?

Also Do You Think It Would Look Bad On Future Job Applications That You Waited 3 Or 4 Years To Start College ?
    HUSTLE.
    LOYALTY.
    RESPECT.

DOWN SINCE DAY ONE

Originally posted by Omaha17 View Post
    Ok Well I'll Be 20 This Summer And I Have A Buddy Whos 22 And We Both Decided We Would Like To Go To College As Were Sick Of These 7 Am Factory Jobs ! Except Im Embarrassed Because Being A 20 Year Old Freshman Or 22 In My Buddys Case Seems Weird !
    Did Anybody Else Start Late And If So How Was It ?
    Also Do You Think It Would Look Bad On Future Job Applications That You Waited 3 Or 4 Years To Start College ?
    #

You think thats bad? I started college when I was 26, ended up quitting after about 2 months. They were all waaaaaaaaay too yound, that and I didnt really like the course. I hung out with this 17 yr old guy in my class. He couldnt even come to the pub on a class night out cause he was underage. Sucked. Being 20 is not that bad, most ppl in your class will be 17+.

When you are applying for jobs the way to explain your notable absence from the education system for a couple of years is to say you wanted to get some life experience so that you would be mature enough to enter college and take your classes seriously. Say you wanted to grow up a bit first. Say you travelled which is what I did... I travelled constantly for about 4 yrs and perspective employers like to see that you have got that out of your system and have lived a bit so therefore you will be ready to settle down and take your career seriously!

IMO it looks better to employers. They know that someone who went to high school, then straight into college and then straight into the work force is unlikely to settle in a job right away.
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Comment

I started College late and never finished!!!
      Originally posted by CWCooper810
      I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

when i was a freshman at 18, there were people who were 54, 26, 25 in my comp class. its never too late. theres a lot of old students and theres nothing wrong with that. but 20 is NOT old!!! you want to get out of factory jobs??? GO TO COLLEGE!!!

Comment

imma start college @ 19, so 20 is not that bad considerin the fact profesionnal boxer Jean-Francois Bergeron (35) is @ my CEGEP ( kinda like a transition before university)
          Poppa gon' keep poppin' Cris on you hoes and piss on thoses who exist as my foes -Obie Trice-

Comment

20 is not old, definatly do it, youll regret if you wait any longer
            I'm a monster on the block

Comment

I'm in college............... I'm 22.

Kansas
              City Chiefs: 5-3

Los
              Angeles Lakers: 7-0

Comment

There's nothing wrong with starting late.

Start when you want, finish when you want.
                Go when you feel like you're ready.

I dont think it would look bad on job applications about the gap for when you went to college. There is a section to describe what it is that you did during that time and why. Some places like people that have an education and experience. No matter what, there's nothing wrong with starting late.
                Life isn't worth living if you don't have something you'd die for.

Never attempt to change who you are to become someone you're not.

Comment

When I moved into my suite this year at 17, my roommate was 21, and my suitemates were 20, 25, 21, and 32.....so don't feel too weird. Most of my friends at school are in their twenties, and it's not like 20 is even old
                  E A G L E S

Comment

i'm 21 anddd i've been going to school on and off.. usually just during Spring.. butttt.. this Spring.. i'm planning on doin it right -.- I've started going back.. andd i'm gonna stick to it.. It's NEVER TOO LATE.. wtf.. would you rather not go and end up workin at the factory for the rest of your life? .. No. Aright, now go.. and who gives a fuck if you're older than everyone in your class.. if you go to a community college, you'll see parents and people at 30yrs old and above in your classes.. so ya.. don't trip.. no one will even know you're 20.. lol.. unless you're a 20 yr old who looks like he's 28 an shit.. or you're worried that your friend is gonna make you look older because he's your battle buddy an shit.. balbalblablal k bye.
                    -PeicyP

"Shit wherever I want, can't deal with constipation." -WIZ

Comment

Started at 17 but had to stop immediatley because my mom tried to kill herself and did some serious damage.. so I had to take care of my brother and sisters .. so I started again at 21.. almost done now.

definitely go back.. it will only get harder or more akward if you wait and wait.. average age of a U.S. college grad is 23 anway... but so many people are 27 and 28... It's so expensive now that many people can only go one semester a year... alot of kids I know are just hoping to graduate before they are 30... it sounds funny but it's true. and besides.. I have a class where half are in there 20's and half are over 40.
                      www.CentralDigit.com
                      I rap gooder than I speak. ^There's the website.

My other aliases:
                      OnTheShelf
                      =TWIB=
                      justp1ayin
                      The Man

Comment

i started college at 18. im 19 now and i have a 29 year old roommate.
                        thats why at the end of the month im living in a studio instead of living with this dick.
                        @[email protected]
                        www.thegoodstayalone.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm turning fucking 20 this year and I'm probably gonna start college this year if I don't decide to do anything else.
                          P!

Comment

im 19 i guess im okay..since im taking online classes
                            歐陽靖

Comment

I'm in the same boat...going back to school in september. the only shitty part is that I'll be a part-time student with a full-time job, so I may indeed be struggling to graduate before I'm 30. best of luck to you
                              "Mommy's little monster. don't wake him in a fit"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Borsyk, Yesterday, 02:01 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cedeber
                              by Cedeber