HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me song new music to listen to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me song new music to listen to.

When i was a kid i only listened to Michael Jackson's music, now i still do, but i also listen to some good rap now and then...but good rap nowadays seems hard to find.

I also apreciate 80s music, but i hear enough of that on the radio each day at work, lol. I can apreciate several singer songwriters as well. Recently i saw the movie Ray, about Ray Charles. I had never really heard his music before and i liked a few songs that played during the movie.

So i went to a store today, saw several Ray Charles cds for a low price and decided to just buy them. But unfortunetely i'm gonna return it. In NO WAY i am gonna call this music bad, but it's just not for me...apart from a few songs.

During the movie , in the beginning there were a few more uptempo songs that sounded really cool, but i haven't heard any of those songs from these three cds. The songs i heard were very slow-tempo and well just not my cup of tea. Maybe i should try to find out what those songs are that i enjoyed.

Anyway......i really do need some new music to listen to. Good lyrics , about love, death,tragedies, i apreciate all of that, just good music. I just wanna hear some new music and hopefully i'll be like 'Wow, this is pretty good" you know, i wanna be surprised

You know, artists similar to Phil Collins for example, that man has alot of incredible songs about the not so happy things in life and i can always apreciate that kind of music.
    "Sometimes, it's only madness that makes us who we are. And who we will be"

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
    Last edited by Spec; 05-22-2008, 11:36 AM.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean

Comment

Haha, Sussudio reminds me of your avatar as well , i am sure you know what i mean. :D

But yeah man, i dig Phil alot, how can you not? When i'm playing GTA IV and "Mama" is on the radio....i always let it play, i just love that song.

Comment

I think this song is so beautiful... I can't get enough of it:

Cathedrals by Jump, Little Children
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=mV9iyMIk8Mo

They have more uptempo songs as well if that's what you are looking for.
        What I'm Listening To

Comment

Good song yeah, i don't mind if its uptempo or slow-tempo, i dig both.

Comment

citizen cope
            Xbox live gamertag: ebizonics
            Twitter: @Ebizonics

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maxgrowplusuk, 03-03-2021, 11:43 PM
            16 responses