Do you buy your music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you buy your music?

With that i mean...real albums from the stores?

An honest answer please.

When i still had a job i used to buy several rap albums a year, i'd go to one of the record stores here, scroll through their hiphop collection and pick a few albums and listened to it...if i liked it, i bought it. Yeah..great times. Spending my hard earned money on albums that were made by people who also worked hard on it. Yeah, i liked that....simply supporting that. Plus owning a real album , with the real booklet and all that...was simply a nice feeling, certainly better than to just download it and listen a few times etc.

Now that i am unemployed for like...almost a year now, i simply can't go out and buy all these albums no more. Actually...i only download it, unless it's really really worth it. For example if the new Cypress Hill is tight...i will go out and buy it no doubt. And this goes for other albums as well. And maybe it's just me...but downloading all this music and never buying it anymore..it's losing it's charm. I feel there's a charm(not sure thats the right word for it) when buying a album. You know...waiting for that day the cd comes out, you can't wait to hear it , etc..all that. I remember i did that with Young Buck's Buck The World, i ignored every leaked song and simply copped it from the store.

When these artists complain about downloaders...i can kinda understand it. I always thuoght they were simply complaining for the heck of it and because they are simply greedy assholes or whatever, and that might be the case for plenty of artists...but some are right though and they really need the people to buy their music. Plus....they put alotta time in that shit, and here we go..downloading all that, i can understand their point, is all. But in that sense i guess i am a hypocrit then..cause i download plenty. However, when i finally get a real normal job again..normal payment and all...i am gonna go back to buying this shit.

As for my games, i buy them all...i ain't down with that ' modding' your Xbox 360 shit...nah, cause just like music, it looses it's charm pretty quickly. Instead of really waiting for that game to come out and go to the store,....you'll just download the game much earlier, play it a few times and go over to the next...nah.

Long story short...who still buys their shit and if not...why?

Look at this guy, he got alot. This dude really ain't down with the downloading..in some of his videos he explains his reasons and i see what he means, and can't disagree with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93ZOKmXJ6I
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 04-06-2010, 02:17 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's only madness that makes us who we are. And who we will be"

Nope, sorry.
    Vexx, bitch.

Comment

I sometimes buy an album if I really like it. Not often though. I have a large CD collection, but a lot of them are from a friend who used to work at a music store and steal them. Not that I asked him to steal me any, but he often gifted them to me.

More importantly however, I love your avatar.

Comment

only for a few artists, Joe Budden, Kanye, Nas and Lupe and that's pretty much it....last year I think Slaughterhouse and Padded Room were the only CD's I bought

Comment

Originally posted by Hasman View Post
          I sometimes buy an album if I really like it. Not often though. I have a large CD collection, but a lot of them are from a friend who used to work at a music store and steal them. Not that I asked him to steal me any, but he often gifted them to me.

More importantly however, I love your avatar.

You should see her other pics, she's awesome, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigkabuto2004 View Post
            You should see her other pics, she's awesome, lol.
            Who is she? Hook me up brah.

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
            only for a few artists, Joe Budden, Kanye, Nas and Lupe and that's pretty much it....last year I think Slaughterhouse and Padded Room were the only CD's I bought
            I didn't like the Slaughter House one, but good choice with the Budden cut.

I'm one of the many who lost for buying Relapse - impressive album, but 0 replay value.

Comment

If it's worth the money. Never digital downloads tho, thats bullshit.
              I know I'll be buying a lot this year though, some good albums dropping.
              And repped for being a MisanthropikOne fan
              I'm known to have a hottie open, I keep the shottie smokin
              Front and get half the bones in your body broken

Comment

If it's actually a good album, then I won't look down on someone who went and bought the actual CD, but the thing is, the quality of most of today's music is pretty bad. You'll have 3 good songs on a 18 track disc, what's the point of buying it? Why let some weak rapper rip you off, right? There are good albums that come out every now and then, but their a very small minority in today's industry, which is plagued by one-hit wonders who drop a hot single, a shitty album, then they're dropped and gone for good. Either way, fuck paying for something I can get for free.
                Vexx, bitch.

Comment

MisantropikOne is cool, always interesting rants and always on point. I also bought Relapse, cause i was very impressed when i downloaded it...but i agree, zero replay value, such a shame, damn.

hasman, a PM is on your way.

Comment

anywhere from 15/20% of my collection is paid for. and i have a lot of cds

Comment

Originally posted by Vexx View Post
                      If it's actually a good album, then I won't look down on someone who went and bought the actual CD, but the thing is, the quality of most of today's music is pretty bad. You'll have 3 good songs on a 18 track disc, what's the point of buying it? Why let some weak rapper rip you off, right? There are good albums that come out every now and then, but their a very small minority in today's industry, which is plagued by one-hit wonders who drop a hot single, a shitty album, then they're dropped and gone for good. Either way, fuck paying for something I can get for free.

There IS alot of shit, but i just ignore that. There is still lots and lots of good underground hiphop, none of that MTV bullshit, and IMO that's very worth buying, plus your supporting a artist that really does need it.

Comment

Yeah, like I've said,l if it's a good album, then the artist definitely deserves to get paid for his good work . I'm kinda glad that the music industry went to shit though, now mafuckas have to put out quality material if they want sells, illiterate high-school drop outs can't become millionaires overnight that easy anymore.
                        Vexx, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vexx View Post
                          Yeah, like I've said,l if it's a good album, then the artist definitely deserves to get paid for his good work . I'm kinda glad that the music industry went to shit though, now mafuckas have to put out quality material if they want sells, illiterate high-school drop outs can't become millionaires overnight that easy anymore.
                          Definitely a good thing..still though...

Clowns like Gucci mane and (no doubt) Wacka Flocka Flame (wtf) etc...have nothing to complain about, in terms of money. So somethings still wrong , lol.
                          Last edited by The Dark Knight; 04-06-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I used to LOVE buying CDs. Haven't bought any real CDs for years. I have about 60 - 70 gb of purchased CDs, but downloading is much easier and cheaper that I really don't see the need to purchase CDs anymore.

I do however buy vinyl (to get that cover,pictures,physical purchase buzz). I completely agree with your post, Kabuto. Wrapped my thoughts up exactly tbh.
                            Last.FM

Comment

Only if its someone I really dig.
                              I got two grand in my pocket, thats just itchin' to turn into 12 bucks & a hang over..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Smilert, 01-30-2020, 08:51 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post noris_moris  
                              Started by Heridan, 06-26-2021, 06:05 AM
                              4 responses