HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people care so much about what others think about them on internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people care so much about what others think about them on internet?

It's not like it's reality, plus chances are you'll never meet any of these people in real life, so why care? Honestly..

Shit's lame and once you realize that, you won't care anymore. Just be yourself, period. Unless you're complete idiot and you state so by complex of your replies in every post that you make.

People gotta get a life around here..
    ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

first off al, its always possible that ppl dont like u, on the e-net or real life, i dont care for either, cuz ppl who dont like ,altho they dont know me, are not importend. I couldn't care less...i dont like ppl also, and why care about that??

if its on a board like this, it doesn't matter.
    but if you mean like in msn or other chatprograms, then it does matter. Not always cuz we all have our bs talks, but if it becomes more personal, then yeah...its kinda hurting, not in a dramatic way, cuz like ur ar saying, u prob never meet the person in real life, but alot of times are telling more personal things in a chat then in real life. Dont ask me why, i do the same...something about easy 2 talk and again u prob never meet the person. If then someone desided 2 not talk 2 u anymore, no matter the reason is, its fucked up cuz u feel stupid. It has nothing to do or someone liked u in the first place....

Its the same if ur had a good friend and after sharing eachothers personal things and then u dont ever hear again from he/she....u also feel stupid, and a bit hurt.
    ...ALLES IS KUNST...

Today there will be no remorse at all,
    Come what may.....!

Comment

^u lesbian or bi?
      welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
      but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

hey funky dee thats a nice avatar

Comment

Gay thread.

I get so sick of people posting here frequently, and then all of a sudden deciding they're cooler than everyone else and publicly announcing "it's just the internet, it's not real life.”
          “Everyone else here (excluding myself) takes it too seriously, and should get a life".

The last time I checked, the internet was pretty fucking real.
          It has revolutionised the way people relate to each other, created an online community without dividers of race or religion, and completely collapsed previously held notions of space and time by making communication instantaneous.
          It has helped lower human rights violations, raise general awareness of world issues, help people who were previously nobodies start successful global businesses, freed communication from censorship and allowed underground musicians to get their music heard without having to conform to the wishes of any intermediary body (ie. record store or radio).

Artists care what people think about them on the internet because it affects what they will do in the future.
          Business’ care about what people think about them on the internet because it affects how much their product will sell,

By the same principles, it is only rational that, people care what others say about them on the internet.
          If they are “being themselves” (as you propose is the right way to go about these things) then obviously the appraisal or disapproval they receive from others, is genuine constructive criticism, which can be used to improve both their “real” and “net” personas.

If you honestly think what goes on the net is completely separate from “real” life, then why not build a doomsday virus that destroys hundreds of computers all over the world?
          After all, they’re not “real” people with “real” lives, which will be affected.
          Or why not go into a teenage chat room and sexually harass a 12-year-old girl, asking her about what she looks like naked?
          After all, she’s not a “real” little girl, with fears and insecurities that are being violated.

I don’t know what sponsored this thread, but I seriously think you should go back, re-examine it and come back with a more grown-up option.
          After all, only a child could completely ignore the internet's relationship to "real life", and all the human feelings and thoughts that are wound up inside it.
          Last edited by Rondell*Beene; 02-18-2004, 06:52 PM.
          OZ HIP HOP.COM
          THE RAP CELLA

Comment

Originally posted by Rondell*Beene
            Gay thread.

I get so sick of people posting here frequently, and then all of a sudden deciding they're cooler than everyone else and publicly announcing "it's just the internet, it's not real life.”
            “Everyone else here (excluding myself) takes it too seriously, and should get a life".

It has revolutionised the way people relate to each other, created an online community without dividers of race or religion, and completely collapsed previously held notions of space and time by making communication instantaneous.
            It has helped lower human rights violations, raise general awareness of world issues, help people who were previously nobodies start successful global businesses, freed communication from censorship and allowed underground musicians to get their music heard without having to conform to the wishes of any intermediary body (ie. record store or radio).

Artists care what people think about them on the internet because it affects what they will do in the future.
            Business’ care about what people think about them on the internet because it affects how much their product will sell,

By the same principles, it is only rational that, people care what others say about them on the internet.
            If they are “being themselves” (as you propose is the right way to go about these things) then obviously the appraisal or disapproval they receive from others, is genuine constructive criticism, which can be used to improve both their “real” and “net” personas.

If you honestly think what goes on the net is completely separate from “real” life, then why not build a doomsday virus that destroys hundreds of computers all over the world?
            Or why not go into a teenage chat room and sexually harass a 12-year-old girl, asking her about what she looks like naked?
            After all, she’s not a “real” little girl, with fears and insecurities that are being violated.

I don’t know what sponsored this thread, but I seriously think you should go back, re-examine it and come back with a more grown-up option.
            After all, only a child could completely ignore the internet's relationship to "real life", and all the human feelings and thoughts that are wound up inside it.
            Wow... that was a really good point, Rondell. Thanks...
            Be more concerned with your character than your reputation... Your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Comment

some ppl care so much cuz its their last hope for getting a friends *cough* soul shady *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by komacyde
                It's not like it's reality, plus chances are you'll never meet any of these people in real life, so why care? Honestly..

Shit's lame and once you realize that, you won't care anymore. Just be yourself, period. Unless you're complete idiot and you state so by complex of your replies in every post that you make.

People gotta get a life around here..

aren't you the one that had an "internet relationship break-up" on D12world.

that folks, is what i call a stupid motherfucker.
                Patesco nudus rabidus

Comment

a stupid motherfucker is what i call a FunkyDee.

Comment

Originally posted by komacyde
                    chances are you'll never meet any of these people in real life, so why care? Honestly..
                    I think that's just a bit different on D12world.
                    Anyway...

Comment

komacyde got a point, I don't give a damn what y'all think of me, cause y'all don't know me.
                      KILL BILL

Move Your Big Toe

Comment

Well I'm glad you see the glass half full Kalie! You're still a worthless piece of shit though.
                        Patesco nudus rabidus

Comment

Go suck a dick John
                          KILL BILL

Move Your Big Toe

Comment

Originally posted by Rondell*Beene
                            Gay thread.

Rondell, you've left me speechless. I couldn't agree more.
                            Your intelligence and foresight is refreshing and eagerly welcome. Thank you.
                            "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

Wow...the ***** got an Usher avatar AND sig...thats props
                              HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mhukgkophmgu, Today, 02:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes