We Just Broke Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Just Broke Up

I have been with my girlfriend for just over 8 months. We were really in love with each other despite being young - me being 20 and her 17. I loved her more than anything in the world - probably more than my own family. Her parents didnt like me - in fact they hated me and they thought that we broke up 5 months ago. I hated that she had to lie to her parents. It just wasnt fair on her. She lives in Arklow and I live in Limerick so its a bit of a distance. Anyway we have been going through some tough times recently. Well more precisely she has been cos I thought things were ok but she wasnt happy with the way things were going. For instance in the past 5 weeks she broke up with me 3 times only to change her mind and see if we could sort things out. Of course because I was so in love with her I was willing to give it another go each time. About 3 weeks ago she finished it. About 4 days later we got back together after I had so no originally but we got back together and gave it everything. Things were fine - so I thought until I went to visit her for Valentines. We were fine until the first night when were out. She was very drunk. I had given her a friend a hug because she was balling her eyes out - what was I to do. Well anyway her friend - who is in love with her and even split with his girlfriend of a year to see if he had a shot with ma girlfriend told her I had my hands all over this girl and that I was kissing her - which is complete bullshit by the way. It was so obvious what he wa strying to do but because she was so drunk she believed him. We talked for a while and she said she believed me. So the followin day - Valentines day she dumped me. I thought it was cos of the night before but apparently before I came up and before I had wasted 150 on a hotel she felt there was something wrong and she wouldnt tell me. So she dumped me and of course the following day she wanted to make another go of it. I have stuck to my guns and said no because as corny as this sounds she hurt me on Valentines night - much more than another time she wanted to break up. And the worst thing is now is that she is almost blaming me for this because we were talkin last night about ti and she asked me what I thought and I said I wasnt sure but I would probably say no because I couldn see how I could fix what was wrong - she said the problems were the distance and having to lie to her parents- I cant change either of those to be honest. Then I asked her what she thought and she said whats the point of hearing her thoughts if I didnt wanna be with her. I mean it was her who broke up with me in the first place.

OK thats enough of my rant and its the complete truth.

Let me know if ye think Im right or wrong.

find someone else, she obviously dont give a damn about you or your feelings, dumpin u all the time and getting back with you is not "loving" or "caring"
    welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
    but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

I think you're right. I probably would have said no to her after all that too. She needs to express her feelings to you more or else the relationship will never work out. But to me she just seems maybe confused, I don't know. Good Luck with everything tho.

Comment

werd
        hes most hated most def, but hes most def one of the most def wit exception of Mos Def, correction hes most def one of the most with depth, but most slept, cause he prolly went over most heads"

Comment

Sorry about your circumstance, but you can't blame yourself for her actions. She does sound confused and along with pressure from her parents its really hard. I'm sure you two will still be in each others lives, but just know when to let go if things really are not meant to be. If you allow yourself to drag it out and keep thinking she'll change her mind and things don't go as planned, it can be even more damaging to you. Take care.
          "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

Your girl's insecure... Its not you fault your relationship is messed up, it's hers. She needs help. If you want to be with, her then talk to her, and tell her that you do care about her, and that you love her and stuff, and that you do wanna be with her... But if shes gonna keep jerking you around, then is it really worth it?
            You look pretty dear..

So pretty!

Comment

Thanks for all the help - much appreciated

Comment

I understand, that she hates that having to lie to her parents. I had the same situation with my exboyfriend a few month ago. My parents hated him and I knew that they had good reasons for that. He even wasnt allowed to visit me at home.But I loved him and I tried everything to rescue our love.It had have other reasons that we broke off. Long story .... but so far I think you have done the right thing! Its not okay to break off on valentines day and you cant take her serious if she always breaks off and then turns back to you. In my opinion theres always a way to handle distance and problems with the parents. But let time pass and I think she soon will realize how much she misses you and maybe you both have a chance to get closer again! If not, then go out, make party and search for another nice girl!
                Good Luck!
                Last edited by tameracuja; 02-20-2004, 05:36 PM.
                FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE !
                Janis Joplin

Comment

^^^^ Thanks

Comment

Just a little update on the story

We talked last night and we were fighting. Like never before. So it definitely looks like it is doomed now.

And to make things worse - she may actually be pregnant

Comment

WHAT!? I will pm you later - have to work now!
                      FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE !
                      Janis Joplin

Comment

If you're both determined enough to make things work, there should be nothing in your way. Her insecurity and confusion fucked you over. Just go ahead and pick up another broad, just take things slowly and don't fall in too deep. Best of luck.
                        ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:08 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Demetriazinga  
                        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 07:32 AM
                        0 responses