HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coca-Cola EXPOSED for RACISM (story inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca-Cola EXPOSED for RACISM (story inside)

Some food for thought about Coca’s latest ad -

* The following gifs are animated, they may take a minute to load depending on your speed

Over the course of the next two weeks, we will be releasing a series of animations that vividly depict the parallels between Coca-Cola’s stereotypical “Thirst” character, and the now admittedly racist memorabilia of the past. We ask you to pass these pieces along, helping others to not only see the roots of racism, but also how it has been manifested in modern times in order to generate money.

We also ask you e-mail or write The Coca-Cola Company, demanding their racist “Thirst” character be removed immediately (accompanied by a public apology), as well as alert local and national media outlets about this story. Let the world know you will not be bamboozled again, as we must collectively refuse to accept this exploitation and ignorance. We the people are the backbone of these oppressive companies, as both workers and consumers, the least they can do for us is show some respect. This is not a Black or White issue, it is a matter of we the people versus the powers that be. Stand up and do something about this injustice, for the longer we allow these seeds to grow, the deeper their racist roots will become embedded within our society.

Send Coca-Cola an email: http://www2.coca-cola.com/mail/eQuery_other.html

The entire story is over at http://www.rodrigo-ny.com/home.asp

Coca Cola in the UK is owned by a black person.
    36 crazyfists.

Comment

It's cool. I drink Pepsi anyway.

The makers of Tab Clear must've had some race issues though!
      World Class

Comment

Do Not Care About Coca-cola
        x

Comment

yea it is a stereotype...you also tend to see the same stereotype (annoying voice, afro, etc.) in video games...it's part of bad marketing in an attempt to attract black consumers...

in the same vein as the annoying taco bell dog...

Comment

Hey I like that lil guy so quit your cryin. When people dont put black things on tv their racist and when they finally do you still say the same. I guess where damned if we do and damned if we dont. Maybe since you know your all smart and stuff you should go up their and get a job in advertising kuz u shouldnt have a problem at all sounds to me u know what the people want. ;-)

Comment

I'll email Coke and tell them that character is racist when everyone takes up an email campaign to get old white people dancing to the latest club song out of every hip-hop related movie. Okay?

In other words, this is pointless and if you wish to take EVERYTHING to be racist, you will find yourself having a hard time getting along with anyone.

Comment

I guess plans for Coca-Cola's next product, Fried Chicken Flavored Soda is on hold.

I'm a swordsman, the apocalypse horseman
                What makes me smile is another's misfortune.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyGirl420
                  Hey I like that lil guy so quit your cryin. When people dont put black things on tv their racist and when they finally do you still say the same. I guess where damned if we do and damned if we dont. Maybe since you know your all smart and stuff you should go up their and get a job in advertising kuz u shouldnt have a problem at all sounds to me u know what the people want. ;-)

there are other ways to market products to certain groups of people, and at the same time avoid the stereotypes...coca cola obviously is marketing to black people, but they're not doing it the right way...there are many companies that do things the right way by avoiding stereotypes...you don't have to present your target group as the best, smartest race ever, but definitely better than an annoying little doll with stereotypical drawl, and with an afro...you're not damned if you do, damned if you don't...you're damned, if you do the damned wrong thing...

anybody that went along with this marvelous marketing ploy should take more lessons in advertising...it doesn't take an advertisment major to figure that out...i'm pretty at some point, when the professor teaches you about advertisment, he or she specifically tells you, "don't hatch any ideas that might offend your potential target audience"...

Comment

Anyone seen that KFC commercial where the black guy gets all excited that they find the chicken place? It's so stereotypical ...
                    If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions

Comment

werd
                      hes most hated most def, but hes most def one of the most def wit exception of Mos Def, correction hes most def one of the most with depth, but most slept, cause he prolly went over most heads"

Comment

Coca Cola Rules
                        ...........The Growth...........

Comment

Sprite does the same thing and their owned by Coca-Cola...seems every hispanic owns a fuckin' 'Lowrider' which is what they depict in their commercial and we all where Khakis and white muscle shirts....whatever though fuck these sterotypical fags, see one in the street and beat his ass is my thinking.
                          -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

Comment

it seems the whole media is stereotypical about black ppl...in all videogames/movies in action or horror movies they alwayz throw a black guy who sorta sounds like chris rock/black guy from rush hour( srry cant remember his name) whose stupider and complains a lot for comedy effect

but for that coke ad...to be honest...yes they are sterotyping but i wouldnt go as far as callin them racists...also if u watch some commercials not all hte black guys have afros (i live in canada so we mite have different commercials so dont come on and bash me and say they all do)
                            Last edited by bowman_08; 03-08-2004, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                              there are other ways to market products to certain groups of people, and at the same time avoid the stereotypes...coca cola obviously is marketing to black people, but they're not doing it the right way...there are many companies that do things the right way by avoiding stereotypes...you don't have to present your target group as the best, smartest race ever, but definitely better than an annoying little doll with stereotypical drawl, and with an afro...you're not damned if you do, damned if you don't...you're damned, if you do the damned wrong thing...

anybody that went along with this marvelous marketing ploy should take more lessons in advertising...it doesn't take an advertisment major to figure that out...i'm pretty at some point, when the professor teaches you about advertisment, he or she specifically tells you, "don't hatch any ideas that might offend your potential target audience"...

Yea i see your point but what bout the commercial about the car insurance where they have the dumb ass white boy rappin all wack and shit i mean what they tryin to say all white people cant rap. Same thing to me but its just what i think. I didnt see anything wrong with what coca cola did. Maybe all the people who didnt like it should write and tell them what they would like.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by levisleone, Today, 12:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post levisleone  
                              Started by basketballeven, Yesterday, 04:02 PM
                              0 responses