Donnie Darko And Time Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Darko And Time Travel

I Just Saw This Movie Tonight .... It Was A Mind Fuck To Me ... Great Movie I Thought ... But Ill Have To Watch It Again To Get It Fully ... I Know That It Is Based Around Time Travel And It Just Got Me Thinking About It....

Iono If You People Know But One Of Hawkins Theory's Is If We Could Travel At The Speed Of Light In A Spaceship ... Loop Around The Moon ... And Come Back ... We Would End Up 8 Minutes In The Past ..... So Say You Launch At 12:08 .... You Would Get Back At 12:00 ... 8 Mins Before You Left ..... Its A Mind Fuck Lol .... The Movie Just Made Me Think Like That.... Iono What Are Your Opinions On The Movie Or Time Travel?
    If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

I have seen the movie twice now and I really concentrated the second time, but I still ended up no less confused that I did after I first watched it, which was on a plane by the way. I even discussed it with a bloke at work and he raised even more questions than I already had. I did really enjoy it though and will try and watch it a few more times to see if it becomes any clearer, but I'm not holding out much hope!

Comment

Yes, The Movie Confused Me Too.... But What I Got Out Of It Was ... He Lived On Those 28 Days To See What Life Would Be Like If He Lived ... When He Saw 2 People Died Because He Lived He Went To The Wormhole.. Because He Knew Where It Was Gonna Be That Day..... And Stayed In His Bed That Night The Engine Dropped Into His Room... I Know Theres More To It ... Like How Everyone Was Alone And Stuff ... Iono Anyone Else Shed Some Light On This Lol
      If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

Comment

Well yeah, thats pretty much what I got from it. But its just more complex than that somehow. I'm even confused about the questions that I should be asking, let alone the answers to them!

Comment

sounds interesting...
          Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

Comment

Personally I didnt like the movie, but since this movie has a cult following, alot has been written about its deeper meaning..........heres a good explanation of the move

http://www.johnhartery.com/dd.html
            Palabra a tu madre

Comment

^^^^ Thanks for that, it was most helpful.

Comment

^ Simone still posting? My gosh hello there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see it, and i have music from the soundtrack which is fabulous.. i have a good interest in theoretical physics, but i have not a clue whether i could understand it!
                Hi old school d12world!!

Comment

it's pretty straight forward if you read the time travel book that is mentioned in the movie (the DVD has it)...it has religious overtones; interesting flick...

Comment

i really really hate that movie, i was waiting the whole time for the special Moment that make you think "whao thats a great movie" (like in the 6th sence when bruce willis find out that he is dead the whole time) but that movie dont got a moment like this, i think its not a good movie because i dont like the story and ist just very very boring, you wait till something intresting happening but there is nothing, thats my view :D

And about that timetravelthing...what will happening if you travel back in time and kill your grandfahter O_o

Comment

^

"There are worries by many people that if time travel was possible, what every little thing we did in the past would directly effect the future. For example, just say that if Bob traveled back in time and for some reason, killed his mom. Then what would happen? Would Bob die? Or is every time period just another parallel universe? Which mean nothing you did in the past will change the future in any way. In the same scenario that Bob killed his mom, nothing would happen to him, but in that parallel universe, Bob would not exist. Which lead to another question, wouldn't everytime time period be the same because that had happened will happen. Which mean that if you are meant to go back in time to change something in 1974, that will always happen, because the timeline is constant and no matter what. What ever happened will happen, it would be impossible to alter history. Many other shocking but possible scenarios could happen, for example, you went back in time and fell in love with a women that unknowingly is your mother, and you gave birth to yourself. Which mean that you could be your own father, son, grand father, grand children, and great grand children. Another even more bizarre scenario that could include the person being his own father, mother, son/daughter, both grand parents, grand son/daughter, great grandson/daughter and both great grand parents. Just say that you went back in time and fell in love with a women/men. Soon afterwards, you gave birth to a child. After that happened, for some odd reasons, you went to get a sex change, an went back in time and met a women/men(which is you). That same thing would happen forever. That person would constantly be stuck in the same cycle of this rebirth, which the entire family would consist of yourself in different age and form."

Comment

^ im still lovin your avatar
                        Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

Comment

donnie darko rules
                          even tho it doesnt really make sense to me
                          cuz first instead of dieing he goes out talking to the rabbit (wich could be possible)
                          so he misses his death and everythings cool
                          and then so much time later the same thing happens again only that time hes in his bed and ready to die but it would mean that 2 plane engines would have been lost and dropped on the same house

Comment

oh and anothing thing
                            the theory about moving faster than light sounds good and should make sense
                            problem is that no1 ever will be able to do it
                            its not possible if you ask me

Comment

I've got it on DVD but haven't watched it in ages. I used to talk about this movie on its page at imdb.com with the real DD nerds, got confusing as hell.

so many theories and shit. Its a real mind-fuck.

Oh, go the official website if you haven't, its like a puzzle game and shit.
                              I'm a white hetrosexual male; a member of the only group of people left in the world that you can say anything about and there wont be a protest the next day.

"Muthafuckas talk about all this black this and white this. Hip-hop started in the biggest melting pot of America which is New York. You had whites, blacks latinos, and all kinds of shit when hip-hop first started. For people to say that this is strictly for the blacks and shit, uh nobody said that when all the white kids started buying NWA albums when they had no radio play. But now it's a problem cause they are buying the Eminem records?" - Proof

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seroibvnyt, Today, 12:47 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seroibvnyt  
                              Started by Smilert, 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM